Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

17 hours ago, celtic020 said:

About 2 weeks for a new O-5 board with all these funky categories.  Seems like a decent timetable in my estimation (I don't have any unique insight or inside source) but it doesn't seem like much longer than a normal O-5 board.  I'm IPZ this year....whatever the hell that means with the new system.  

I guess now we wait six-ish months for that list to wind its way through the bureaucracy.

• Haha 1

I guess what I don’t understand is why we wait when the info is already available? If we’ve selected people for school why not let them know so they can start making life decisions? Also if they turn it down why not give the alternates more time as well to figure life out?

I know it’s not just this we play keep a secret but it drives me insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I guess what I don’t understand is why we wait when the info is already available? If we’ve selected people for school why not let them know so they can start making life decisions? Also if they turn it down why not give the alternates more time as well to figure life out?

4 hours ago, Bode said:

Just a few years ago, there was only one release of the school info, usually in late November/early December, and no option to decline without prejudice or having to separate/retire via 7-day option. So while the process is imperfect, it has improved considerably to enable exactly what you mentioned, to make decisions. That's not to dismiss your comment but to put things in perspective as the ongoing uncertainty created by the current pandemic have, at times, caused me to miss the forest for the trees.

Edited by Muscle2002

4 hours ago, Bode said:

Because the Central School Selection Board (CSSB) just picks you up for school. Your DT (MAF/CAF/SOF) then vectors you to a specific school and that gets sent to the AFPC or A1 Bobs to sort out.

2 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Because the Central School Selection Board (CSSB) just picks you up for school. Your DT (MAF/CAF/SOF) then vectors you to a specific school and that gets sent to the AFPC or A1 Bobs to sort out.

The alternate list has been exhausted the last 3 years. I wonder how that is going to look this year with COVID-19 and people deciding to stay in longer than they initially intended. 

25 minutes ago, FLEA said:

The alternate list has been exhausted the last 3 years. I wonder how that is going to look this year with COVID-19 and people deciding to stay in longer than they initially intended. 

My guess is that the AF will not retain as many as it hopes it will as a result of this pandemic. While job prospects may be thinner right now, for those on the fence, they need to ask if they are willing to take on another four years (school for a year plus ADSC) to go to school.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Muscle2002 said:

My guess is that the AF will not retain as many as it hopes it will as a result of this pandemic. While job prospects may be thinner right now, for those on the fence, they need to ask if they are willing to take on another four years (school for a year plus ADSC) to go to school.

Second this, I know more people sticking with their plans to get out as opposed to staying in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

^^THIS^^ The presents the illusion of control and ability to “make life decisions” In reality, the AF determines what is best for you.....again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, VariEze said:

...So anyone hearing rumors about promo statistics from this year’s P0520 board? Ended 19 May and that magic list is making the GO rounds now

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Since they’ve done away with BZ picks, are you looking for IZ/AZ split? Otherwise, I think the selection categories make the statistics pretty cut and dry. 

2 hours ago, Bigred said:

Since they’ve done away with BZ picks, are you looking for IZ/AZ split? Otherwise, I think the selection categories make the statistics pretty cut and dry. 

I am interested in the IZ/AZ split. I want to see what the board actually did, compared to the pre-board leadership statements that said the selection categories would make more AZ folks competitive.

Edited by 14N Guy
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 14N Guy said:

I am interested in the IZ/AZ split. I want to see what the board actually did, compared to the pre-board leadership statements that said the selection categories would make more AZ folks competitive.

As a 1 APZ guy, I'm also interested in this split.  But I'm not counting on this change undoing decades of mindset in the board members.

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, ThreeHoler said:

Valid DP...likely to be picked up even APZ.

With the elimination of BTZ, there will be more slots for both IPZ and APZ (As I understand it, with the goal of eventually meshing those two into a single multi-year zone).  I don't have insider info and thankfully have never been an exec but I would wager there will be a lot more APZ picked up this board across the rated categories with a marginal increase in APZ in the non-rated categories.   I'm IPZ for this board as well....DP on my 1-below to O-5, didnt get picked up.  P on my IPZ PRF.  So I got that going for me....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, celtic020 said:

I'm IPZ for this board as well....DP on my 1-below to O-5, didnt get picked up.  P on my IPZ PRF.  So I got that going for me....

How did you go from DP on your 1-below to just a regular P on IPZ? 🤷‍♂️

May the odds ever be in your favor I guess!