• 1 month later...

Just received IPZ PRF for Lt Col.   I received a P 😞

that was with:

#1/5 Majors (deployed)

#6/24 Majors (Gp/CC)

#22/150 Majors (Wg/CC)

#7/160 Majors (Wg/CC)

all on 4 different OPRs

im at a new organization now.... currently stratted #2/7, only behind a Lt Col (S)....but “lucky” me, that’s on my PRF, and it looks bad IMO

Edited by bennynova
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

How many IPZ in your category? We saw our base get no outright DPs this year because of the category split. Did you get the “my next” or “if I had one”?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

At the base, upwards of 30 in the category at the MLR.   1/1 at my Senior Rater.   Did not get any sort of super P

3 hours ago, bennynova said:

At the base, upwards of 30 in the category at the MLR.   1/1 at my Senior Rater.   Did not get any sort of super P

Wouldn't sweat it too much.  They have to promote some Ps and with the 2-line PRF, I think the Super P phenomena will be a thing of the past (although no guidance actually forbids it).  Sounds like you have a consistent record as an O-4.  What were your bottom line PRF Strats?  1/1 I/APZ and 2/7 Wg O-4s?  Only one eligible for your SR is kind of brutal.  Forces you to MLR which can be a crap shoot for non-shiny penny records.  

1 hour ago, celtic020 said:

Wouldn't sweat it too much.  They have to promote some Ps and with the 2-line PRF, I think the Super P phenomena will be a thing of the past (although no guidance actually forbids it).  Sounds like you have a consistent record as an O-4.  What were your bottom line PRF Strats?  1/1 I/APZ and 2/7 Wg O-4s?  Only one eligible for your SR is kind of brutal.  Forces you to MLR which can be a crap shoot for non-shiny penny records.  

that’s correct on the bottom line.  1/1 and 2/7 Majs.    The number 1 Major being already selected for O-5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

that’s correct on the bottom line.  1/1 and 2/7 Majs.    The number 1 Major being already selected for O-5.

Your SR didn’t do you any favors by including a Lt Col (s) in your pool for stratification.  I would not have racked you against a select.

That said, based on these numbers (and assuming no derogatory information) you'll likely be selected.   Those are real strats not “#2/45 IPs” type BS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Your SR didn’t do you any favors by including a Lt Col (s) in your pool for stratification.  I would not have racked you against a select.

That said, based on these numbers (and assuming no derogatory information) you'll likely be selected.   Those are real strats not “#2/45 IPs” type BS.

For real...that's a shit move that doesn't make any sense at all for PRF/OPR.  Unless that 1/7 Maj's is a HPO they're sliding into GO-ranks some day.  Shit move that fucks over bros.

Also, retirement orders in hand so I don't have to deal with this sort of black magic fuckery anymore. Feels Good Man.

Got mine back today.  After rushing an out-of-cycle OPR through so I'd have a #7/99 FGOs on my record, I got a P.

About what I was expecting, but damn did leadership burn a lot of manpower trying to give me hope leading up to it.

In the end, #5/10 eligibles with the standard "definitely promote" on the second line.  

I've already made my peace with being an iron major, I just wish leadership would be realistic about it instead of creating new hoops for me to jump through on the chance that I'll be the 1% of guys promoted APZ.

Edited by pawnman

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Got mine back today.  After rushing an out-of-cycle OPR through so I'd have a #7/99 FGOs on my record, I got a P.

About what I was expecting, but damn did leadership burn a lot of manpower trying to give me hope leading up to it.

In the end, #5/10 eligibles with the standard "definitely promote" on the second line.  

I've already made my peace with being an iron major, I just wish leadership would be realistic about it instead of creating new hoops for me to jump through on the chance that I'll be the 1% of guys promoted APZ.

Amen bro.  But on the flip side, if your direct leadership pushed an OPR through on short timeline, it appears at least they attempted to help you.  What happens at the MLR is the stuff of sorcery and unless you're a shiny penny it's tough to fare well there.  

If you're 1APZ this year, that puts you 15 years in service by my count.  On the downslope now to check of the month club and when you retire, no one in your new job and/or new life will give a shit what you retired as.  A lot of people in the Air Force game think it matters.  But it doesn't.  We're all gonna be Mr. or Ms. in the not too distant future.  Hang in there.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

I thought APZ is gone? Aren't you still technically "in the zone" under the new rules? Or is that not how it worked out? 

2 hours ago, FLEA said:

I thought APZ is gone? Aren't you still technically "in the zone" under the new rules? Or is that not how it worked out? 

They scrapped BPZ this board, but they haven't officially implemented the five-year zone yet.

Who knows, maybe the categories will help.  I've heard rumors that the rated/spec ops category will have a selection rate of 95%.  Seems like that would fit with a rated manning crisis, but when has the Air Force ever made common sense decisions?

Got mine today, 3/9 I/APZ with ‘if I had one more DP, he’d get it’. We got two DP  outright at our wing. According to the OG I fared well at the MLR but didn’t squeak out a DP from there. 

Better than I expected. The rest of the two lines make me look like a rockstar so hopefully it’ll pay off in May. 

Edited by Bigred

They scrapped BPZ this board, but they haven't officially implemented the five-year zone yet.
Who knows, maybe the categories will help.  I've heard rumors that the rated/spec ops category will have a selection rate of 95%.  Seems like that would fit with a rated manning crisis, but when has the Air Force ever made common sense decisions?

I saw 90% on the slides from A1.

17 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

Anybody heard if the COVID-19 travel restrictions will impact the upcoming promotion boards? Could they end up doing them virtually or postponing them?

I’ll be honest, you win for question I least expected with all the shit going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, 14N Guy said:

Anybody heard if the COVID-19 travel restrictions will impact the upcoming promotion boards? Could they end up doing them virtually or postponing them?

Gotta assume May O-5 board will postpone until after they lift the Stop Movement, which I really really hope is on May 11th and not after.  

• Thanks 1

Got an email from my Sq/CC today that stated the following chances In the upcoming boards. The rate for the Colonel board was the most surprising. 

O-4: 95%
O-5: 85-90%
O-6: 60-65%

Edited by Bigred

6 hours ago, Bigred said:

Got an email from my Sq/CC today that stated the following chances In the upcoming boards. The rate for the Colonel board was the most surprising. 

O-4: 95%
O-5: 85-90%
O-6: 60-65%

Is that for yall air-breathing types only?

Also, holy shit.

7 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

It is only the % of IPZ. A minor change to the overall stats. It is not a percentage of the whole I/APZ group. It equates to another 100 or less above the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

So when are we actually doing away with the APZ designation? I guess I don’t see how these massive changes to the promotion system have a major impact on APZ folks when the category still exists and the 90% chance of promotion doesn’t actually apply to them.