Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

1 hour ago, BADFNZ said:

Not to be a dick, but isn't think what we've been wanting?  Do we want people promoting based on awards and strats or do we want them promoting based on job performance?  Not saying your job performance sucks, I'm sure it doesn't, but I thought we we've had our pitchforks out for years because the Christmas party planner/Wing FGO OTY/Strat queen was getting promoted over dudes that might have a better overall record.

I guess I was under the impression that job performance and strats were related.  Silly me.

• Upvote 2

Not to be a dick, but isn't think what we've been wanting?  Do we want people promoting based on awards and strats or do we want them promoting based on job performance?  Not saying your job performance sucks, I'm sure it doesn't, but I thought we we've had our pitchforks out for years because the Christmas party planner/Wing FGO OTY/Strat queen was getting promoted over dudes that might have a better overall record.

I think the frustration is that that the stratification happens when you're a senior captain, and if you're slightly below average or a late bloomer, well, you're fate has already been written and you just don't know it.

On the flip side, if someone is on the golden path, they're pretty much set unless they are a complete piece of crap, and even then they may get to wreck havoc as a sq/cc before the AF figures out they are toxic
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Pawnman, I think you were done a disservice by being given #1/30 shop chiefs, etc.... when you could have just as easily gotten #4/25 Capts or Majors...

leadership probably didn’t know what they were doing.... and that sucks that it affected you when your Strats have all shown you were good at your job title

37 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Pawnman, I think you were done a disservice by being given #1/30 shop chiefs, etc.... when you could have just as easily gotten #4/25 Capts or Majors...

leadership probably didn’t know what they were doing.... and that sucks that it affected you when your Strats have all shown you were good at your job title

I agree.  My WG/CC agreed too.  But it is what it is, and I can't go back in time and get those strats now.

I can't really tell if it was a lack of knowledge, or if it was a result of the standard "the Air Force sucks at feedback".  Who knows, maybe I got a #2/23 shop chiefs because the WG/CC didn't want to write #37/60 captains.  Maybe all the supervisors and commanders who told me I was doing a great job just didn't want to deliver bad news face to face.

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

#37/60 captains

Most CCs don’t strat anyone beyond top 10%. New strat rules will eliminate the “shop chief” style strats.

I would definitely request feedback from your WG/CC to see if he’s willing to push for a DP for you APZ. Or find out what he wants you to do to be a DP next year. 

I'm pretty sure AFPC put out a stratification guide a few years ago and showed what can or can't be used for PRF.  It's a foul if leadership pleads ignorance.  If your Wg/CC agreed the strat wasn't the best, then why didn't he/she kickback the PRF/OPR?  This is not leadership, this is Dunder Mifflin management.

7 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

I'm pretty sure AFPC put out a stratification guide a few years ago and showed what can or can't be used for PRF.  It's a foul if leadership pleads ignorance.  If your Wg/CC agreed the strat wasn't the best, then why didn't he/she kickback the PRF/OPR?  This is not leadership, this is Dunder Mifflin management.

Because I didn't have a different strat to put there.  I'll post it when I'm back from leave, but I had the standard C format with strats straight down the left side.  I didn't have enough captain/CGO strats to put one on every line.

Now, if there was guidance about which ones could and couldn't be used, I never got it, and the WG/CC never said anything about it.  If that turns out to be the case, I'll be even more pissed, because I had other bullets that could have gone there even if they weren't strats.

20 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Because I didn't have a different strat to put there.  I'll post it when I'm back from leave, but I had the standard C format with strats straight down the left side.  I didn't have enough captain/CGO strats to put one on every line.

Now, if there was guidance about which ones could and couldn't be used, I never got it, and the WG/CC never said anything about it.  If that turns out to be the case, I'll be even more pissed, because I had other bullets that could have gone there even if they weren't strats.

Bro, I assure you the guidance came out a few years ago.  So people know what is a bullshit strat and what isn't.

Edited by panchbarnes

Pawnman’s Current wg/CC didn’t GIVE him the shop chief Strats.   I’m sure they both built the best PRF with the record they were given.   Sounds like the wg/CC was honest about the uselessness of the shop chief type Strats.... but again, I don’t think the wg/CC gave them to pawnman

1 minute ago, bennynova said:

Pawnman’s Current wg/CC didn’t GIVE him the shop chief Strats.   I’m sure they both built the best PRF with the record they were given.   Sounds like the wg/CC was honest about the uselessness of the shop chief type Strats.... but again, I don’t think the wg/CC gave them to pawnman

yeah I'm tracking that now.  makes more sense.

3 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Exactly.  The shop chief one was from 2014.  May ish timeframe.

14 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

Thanks for posting.  I’d never read that.  Interestingly, according to that guidance the “1/xx shop chief” strat is valid, while the primary strat AFSOC uses appears invalid.  We use a YG (year group) strat method and think it’s the bees knees, but other MAJCOMs apparently have no idea what it is.

The whole system is so dumb.

• Upvote 4

Prda worked 5 days ago for me....

i’ve never heard of records being on talent marketplace.  

What we we need are more web based services where everything is scattered about the interwebs...

maybe talent marketplace  will be the one stop shop eventually?  We can only hope. 

Edited by bennynova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Would have loved to see the dumbfounded look in the face of the the guy (or gal) who got promoted BTZ with a P. 

I’m sure he/she was told by the 3 or 4 star GO that he/she is an ADC for.

As an 11F separating from AD all of this doesn't suprise me - but it's still hard to watch from the sidelines.

75% promotion rate for MSG dudes?  Create some room at the B Course because we could really use these hard charging leaders in a MWS in CENTCOM.

For me, ever since TAMI-21 I stopped listening to anything Big Air Force SAYS and started only paying attention to what Big Air Force DOES.  For all those looking at a bonus or extending their ADSC past their UPT commitment I would fence in appropriately and do so only with very high SA.  Get your ATP and be ready with options as you get close to your commitment.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by billy pilgrim
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

Would have loved to see the dumbfounded look in the face of the the guy (or gal) who got promoted BTZ with a P. 

They probably have the same name as the one poor IPZ person with a DP who didn't get promoted.  Luck is a skill.

• Upvote 1