Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

The select and non-select lists for both the O-4 and O-5 boards made it down to the wing exec level today, at least in my neck of the woods. PSDM says no one’s supposed to find out until public release on 9 Jul, but if you have any bros working the desk, they should have the data for you.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2019 at 3:11 AM, asdf said:

9 July is the public release for both the Maj and Lt Col board. 

Good luck to all those people waiting on the info. If your boss is worth their salt, they should be letting people know before the July 4th break...

For all the young guys getting their first look at school, the best gouge I can give you is to be prepared to be really pissed off when you see some of the dweebs that make it over good bros.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, mcbush said:

The select and non-select lists for both the O-4 and O-5 boards made it down to the wing exec level today, at least in my neck of the woods. PSDM says no one’s supposed to find out until public release on 9 Jul, but if you have any bros working the desk, they should have the data for you.

Maybe they delayed the major release so there would be enough officers to actually do a promotion party.  

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

For all the young guys getting their first look at school, the best gouge I can give you is to be prepared to be really pissed off when you see some of the dweebs that make it over good bros.

I thought School selects are no longer a part of promotion....?

unless you are BPZ, then expect it

Edited by bennynova

On 6/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, celtic020 said:

Seems like a longer dead period than normal for the release roll-out.   Normally Wing Exec gets the list early....but not two weeks early.  

2 weeks early is about right

letters have to be personalized/written for both selects and non-selects.  Twice non-selects have paperwork drafted for continuation.  It’s a lot of work for a big wing.  

The info  go starts to flow once the GP CCs get word

11 minutes ago, bennynova said:

You will pin on the 1st of a given month

All 100+ people in an increment pin on date is the 1st of that month

you only pin on random days to 1LT, and Capt

That’s awesome, thanks! 

It’s amazed me how much stuff I’ve learned about applying for UPT from active duty, promotions, writing OPRs, etc. from the bro network (especially here). I’ve contacted the promotions section here multiple times throughout this major board process and they never seem to have any answers.

15 minutes ago, JustHangingOut said:

Does anyone know where I can find information out about an SSB and how to get one initiated?

I think you have to show that someone made a mistake.  For instance, they left out a decoration or OPR that you think would have made a difference at the board.  

2 hours ago, Spaceballs said:

How do you know what day you pin on when your month is time? So if you pin on in September and you are line #1, what day do you actually pin on?

You always pin on the first of the month.  If line numbers 100-500 pin on in September, and your line number is 101-499, you pin on September 1.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Got the gouge.  1BPZ with a DP.   My name wasn’t on the list.  Here I come IPZ 2020!  

Well, at least I know for sure that as a 2APZ, I didn't get selected. I got a super sweet "definitely promote..." in the push line preceded by no strats.

Sorry you didn't get picked up, but as a 1BPZ with a DP you are pretty much a lock next year.

14 hours ago, Chromedome said:

I think you have to show that someone made a mistake.  For instance, they left out a decoration or OPR that you think would have made a difference at the board.  

I did have an issue where my dates were input incorrectly which then made me ineligible for promotion because the DOR was wrong. Now that it is fixed, I am trying to figure out the process of requesting it. First, i'll preface with i am new to the Air Guard (traditional guy not near my facility) and still learning all the systems like vMPF and MyPers, but as i understand this process should go through MyPers in some manner, but i can't find any guidance in there except for a short PDF that doesnt have instructions on what i need. Any guidance/help would be greatly appreciated.