Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Apply for a command board? Or who gives a shit? While I don’t know what you’d do at Edwards...probably that.

Just get ready to drive 40 minutes to work and back,

~Bendy

Edit: or go to Saudi if you like seeing the world and don’t mind being single...or like that flavor of life. Why am I even posting right now? Oh yeah, same reason so always do...check.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bender said:

Apply for a command board? Or who gives a shit? While I don’t know what you’d do at Edwards...probably that.

Just get ready to drive 40 minutes to work and back,

~Bendy

Edit: or go to Saudi if you like seeing the world and don’t mind being single...or like that flavor of life. Why am I even posting right now? Oh yeah, same reason so always do...check.

Old lady is in Cali and she would be 6 hrs away.

31 minutes ago, Shazaam said:

I asked AFPC what can I do next because I don't feel challenged enough in my DO position. Everything just feels really slow. I was offered Staff, C-12s to Saudi, or Edwards. They noted I have 3 short tours already and asked if I was married. I am single going on 19 years. The functional didn't specify why, but I can't crossflow to another MWS.

I'm on a 3 year stab tour, but AFPC said I can leave after 2 years. I just need my non rated CC's blessing.  Figure I would ask her in a few months. AFPC needs a response by Jan 2020. 

Bragging.

You and Pawnman should just get room and leave the rest of us out if it.

Plenty of us as an O-4 DO in a flying squadron right now. You’re definitely not “special” or “hand-picked”

Edited by IDALPHA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, IDALPHA said:

Bragging.

You and Pawnman should just get room and leave the rest of us out if it.

Plenty of us as an O-4 DO in a flying squadron right now. You’re definitely not “special” or “hand-picked”

Well, if it makes y'all feel better, I'm not in a DO position, and the OG/CC looked at me like I had a dick on my forehead when I asked if DO was a possibility after leaving my current job.

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

Well, if it makes y'all feel better, I'm not in a DO position, and the OG/CC looked at me like I had a dick on my forehead when I asked if DO was a possibility after leaving my current job.

There are DO jobs available if that is what you want. I wonder if this is a reason why we get slammed on promotion boards for not taking on other types of leadership jobs. Being an AC or MC is a leadership job. 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Shazaam said:

There are DO jobs available if that is what you want. I wonder if this is a reason why we get slammed on promotion boards for not taking on other types of leadership jobs. Being an AC or MC is a leadership job. 

There are DO jobs if you can get out of your community.  I've been told I'm too valuable as an instructor to leave my airframe for the last 6 years.  We only have two flying squadrons and the OSS at my base.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, pawnman said:

My experience is the opposite.  People who stay in the community and become experts in the B-1 usually don't do as well as people who do literally anything else - UPT, ALO, staff, etc.

That must of have changed. When I was in the B-1 community (left in 2004), people who left, like me, didn't do as well as though who stayed. I left and wasn't able to get a squadron command and so got passed over for O-6. 

5 hours ago, Shazaam said:

So you’re a DO of a non-flying TRS in AETC?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, herkbier said:

And an FTU and a WPS?

At Dyess, we have one combat squadron and the FTU (two flying squadrons).  We do have the WPS, but I'm not a WIC grad.  We also have the Test squadron, but again, tough to get under the RMD because they're considered staff jobs.

Article 32 officer hasn't even determined there is probable cause for a trial yet, Colorado Springs PD already determined that there was not, and we're plastering the guy's name all over the place?

Not relevant to topic, and prejudicial to someone that is innocent until proven guilty. Delete and move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

Article 32 officer hasn't even determined there is probable cause for a trial yet, Colorado Springs PD already determined that there was not, and we're plastering the guy's name all over the place?

Not relevant to topic, and prejudicial to someone that is innocent until proven guilty. Delete and move on.

The phrase "accused of said allegations" must have totally escaped your vernacular? You know what accused means and I surely don't have to point out the definition of allegations either right. If you think you are correct, sue the writers of the articles from Military.com and AF Times in court and see how that turns out in front of a real judge. 

Tell AF Times, Military.com, and the countless other online sites to remove their articles. You're just preaching to the choir on your soapbox of righteousness.

Edited by Shazaam
  • Downvote 13

8 hours ago, Shazaam said:

Nobody is left in our year group. Needless to say, Maj Travis J. Burns is in our year group too. A special operations pilot at the Air Force Academy is accused of rape, rape of a child and three counts of sexual abuse of a child, the school said Thursday.

Not to derail, but damn.

Yeah, the result of no one in my year group has been the B-1 community picking people from younger year groups to set them up for school/staff.

Also, can't believe you're going to put a fellow officer in blast without so much as a source.  Jesus.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Yeah, the result of no one in my year group has been the B-1 community picking people from younger year groups to set them up for school/staff.

Also, can't believe you're going to put a fellow officer in blast without so much as a source.  Jesus.

I copied the allegations directly from the Military.com article in my Google feed. AF Times just posted their story today. The source was the USAFA who put him on blast as pointed out in the original post by "the school said Thursday." Didn't care to post the link yesterday, but since you asked:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/05/19/special-operations-pilot-faces-charges-raping-child-under-12-years-old.html

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/05/21/academy-major-accused-of-rape-molestation-faces-article-32-hearing/

AF Times “It must be emphasized that charges are merely accusations, and the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty,” the release said."

Edited by Shazaam
  • Downvote 10

1 hour ago, DirkDiggler said:

Honestly am surprised it took this long.  Seems like most people on here are ignoring the bizarre posting though.

I’ve recently been educated on the ignore user function; I mean, why bother with obviously fabricated BS spam? 

And to think I could have been auto screening @nsplayr‘s dissertations all these years. 

Edited by SurelySerious
Words

Some really solid points in this article, should be required reading for all FOGOs

Not Every Officer Wants to Be a General

https://www.wsj.com/articles/not-every-officer-wants-to-be-a-general-11558390890

Mr. Kane summed up the problem to Congress last year. The military is composed of volunteers who are dealt with more like conscripts, he said. Every young officer is treated as an aspiring general or admiral, and thus is pushed into an “ideal” set of jobs with rigid timing for promotion, without respect to competing priorities, like a wife’s job or kids who don’t want to go to a new high school every year.

Mr. Kane tells me he’s known of people who “will terminate their careers early because the Air Force or the Marines won’t tell them, ‘You know what? if you don’t want to become a general, and you just want to stay at whatever base it is for the next four years, we’ll let you.’ ”

The services know these dynamics are contributing to retention problems, and the branches have been slowly starting to experiment with different career tracks for, say, pilots, where talent shortages are pronounced. Congress last year offered the branches flexibility to reform an “up or out” system that requires officers to promote through the ranks or leave the service, among other good reforms pioneered by Mr. Kane.

Mr. Kane’s other recommendations include allowing local commanding officers to conduct interviews. Another important change would be tailored promotion and compensation, which would align the assignment process with a service member’s personal—and familial—preferences.

Yet the problem is also cultural. One Navy pilot unloaded about the service’s retention problems in Proceedings, the U.S. Naval Institute’s magazine, last year, and he hit on something: Those in charge of making changes have often been those whose careers have proceeded smoothly.

As he put it: “Every admiral to whom I’ve spoken has had an impressive career. But the common thread in all of their careers is that they never have lost or been exposed to the other side of the processes. For an overwhelming majority of them, the system has worked, so the processes must be good.”

• Upvote 2