Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

I hope you guys get promoted!

But. (Devils Advocate)

You committed to 20 as a major by taking the bonus. Do you think the bean counters want you to promote? Plenty of O-4’s taking over as DO nowadays. No reason to hand out more money when you already took a little extra and signed a contract....

But. (Devils Advocate)
You committed to 20 as a major by taking the bonus. Do you think the bean counters want you to promote? Plenty of O-4’s taking over as DO nowadays. No reason to hand out more money when you already took a little extra and signed a contract....

You’re not committed if you decline continuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who get passed over, and can swing it, should leave for the ARC to get promoted.  Too many silly games and half truths by commanders to stick around that swamp.  I think your good deal train is over once that happens, maybe even a year or so before official notice.

additionally, any officer can get a great job on the outside, your bullshit OPR and PRF looks really good on a civilian resume, they don’t know any different, at least most of them. 

Edited by matmacwc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And pay the remaining bonus back? While finding a new job?

You don’t have to pay it back. You only have to pay back the unearned portion of what you’ve received. So if you take the lump sum...then you might have a good sized payback. If you didn’t...then you might have a partial year to pay back depending on your bonus anniversary date.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, IDALPHA said:

But. (Devils Advocate)

Every rated* 0-4 I know of that is a DO is one of the shiny penny type that’s about to go to school / staff or is already an 0-5 select. 

Edit to include rated.

Edited by dream big

5 hours ago, IDALPHA said:

But. (Devils Advocate)

I'm not yet cynical enough to think my bonus status is even a consideration to the board.

Every Pilot 0-4 I know of that is a DO is one of the shiny penny type that’s about to go to school / staff or is already an 0-5 select. 

I’m sorry... what’s your definition of shiny penny again? Because you just threw out three different categories of people in that statement, all of which fall into very different rankings in my opinion.
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

I’m sorry... what’s your definition of shiny penny again? Because you just threw out three different categories of people in that statement, all of which fall into very different rankings in my opinion.

Sorry let me be more clear: the only rated  O-4s I have seen as DOs are school selects, or are most likely getting picked up for school.  Of those, most will likely go to staff after.  These are the people I’m referring to as shiny pennies (not in a bad way, but their careers are pretty much taken care of.)   There are a few other 0-4 DOs but they are usually already 0-5 selects (may or may not be shiny pennies.) 

Asking for a friend.

Has there been any guidance for the next O-5 board barring the use of the Silver Bullet ? Ie “If I had one more DP to give?”

He’s in a group of three ITZ and one got the DP neither he or the other P got the silver bullet.

Is his SR an idiot or is there guidance to not use that phrase from HAF?

They should carryover (not aggregate) and again compete/get DPs...
   maybe the Center or Majcom could give that to the single runner up

Right, the Senior Rater would give the silver bullet to the runner up. No one got it. Unless you are saying the MLR controls the Silver Bullet statement.

45 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Asking for a friend.

Has there been any guidance for the next O-5 board barring the use of the Silver Bullet ? Ie “If I had one more DP to give?”

He’s in a group of three ITZ and one got the DP neither he or the other P got the silver bullet.

Is his SR an idiot or is there guidance to not use that phrase from HAF?

I hope there isn't guidance like that, because I got the "if I had a DP is give it to him" on my PRF.

I’m just wondering it it’s fair for small SE pools to be giving out silver bullet DPs to unequally proportioned eligibles.  45% rate 

i.e, if a 5 separate SR eaters had 100, 20, 5, 3, and 1 eligibles and all of their carryovers got silver bullets then that means:

SR 100 gave DPs to his top 46%

SR 20 gave DPs to his top 50%

SR 5 gave it to his top 60%

SR 3 gave it to his top 66%

SR 1 could give it to his 100%

16 minutes ago, bennynova said:

I’m just wondering it it’s fair for small SE pools to be giving out silver bullet DPs to unequally proportioned eligibles.  45% rate 

i.e, if a 5 separate SR eaters had 100, 20, 5, 3, and 1 eligibles and all of their carryovers got silver bullets then that means:

SR 100 gave DPs to his top 46%

SR 20 gave DPs to his top 50%

SR 5 gave it to his top 60%

SR 3 gave it to his top 66%

SR 1 could give it to his 100%

And this is different than the last decade because...?

Hell, I could complain that the SR with 100 people had 45 DPs to give out.  The guy with 1 person has to fight for a DP at the MLR.  Very similar to what happened to me... Two more IPZs on the base and I'd have a DP.  Instead I just have the "I wish I had a DP for him" push line.

• Like 1

I hope there isn't guidance like that, because I got the "if I had a DP is give it to him" on my PRF.

I think you are safe I got that a year ago and got picked up. My friend was in a group of three and after telling him that he should reach out because none of the other two himself included got the silver bullet I just thought maybe they had prohibited that statement. Hence my problem is his senior rater an idiot.

Edited due to multiple grammar errors

6 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Rumor has it specific guidance is coming in July. Maybe this SR is just an overachiever.