Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

6 hours ago, Tunes3 said:

10 U.S. Code § 616: The number of below-zone promotions cannot exceed 10 percent of the number of officers authorized for promotion by a statutory board selecting officers on the ADL. However, the SECDEF is allowed to authorize up to 15 percent.

Ol’ Fingers should probably get on it.... “Promote to Retain”

Edited by IDALPHA

On 1/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, celtic020 said:

Lotta MLRs taking place in next week or 2....do we have any MLR recorders among us willing to share insight?  I'm 1BTZ This year with an outside chance to get a DP....so I would be interested. 

15% DP allocation for BPZ.  For expectation management (speaking from experience) if you are an outside shot for a DP, you have a VERY low pk for a BPZ promotion even with a DP.  

18 hours ago, Fug said:

15% DP allocation for BPZ.  For expectation management (speaking from experience) if you are an outside shot for a DP, you have a VERY low pk for a BPZ promotion even with a DP.  

Story of my life!  All good either way -- but this is good context. 

13 minutes ago, celtic020 said:

I got a DP 1BPZ....would rather be lucky than good, I guess.  What are my odds now...about 1 in 3? 

If you're good enough to get a BPZ DP,  you're good enough to talk directly to your Senior Rater or look it up yourself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Depends on what x/x bpz eligibles you were

sent forward 11 bpz DPs last few years and only the top 2 have been promoted in both cases.   

1/3 BPZs with a pretty strong push line.  I thought I was borderline to pull a DP at the MLR and but at a minimum this helps for IPZ next year.  Good luck to IPZ folks getting their PRFs back the next couple weeks with the good boxed checked. 

1/3 BPZs with a pretty strong push line.  I thought I was borderline to pull a DP at the MLR and but at a minimum this helps for IPZ next year.  Good luck to IPZ folks getting their PRFs back the next couple weeks with the good boxed checked. 

Congrats. The DP at least gets you in the correct pile at the board. No chance without that.

Your actual chances of selection are based on several things. First, it has to be more than just your PRF and OPR on top. If you’ve got a string of OPRs with #1 rank/grade based wing strats (ie, #1/100 Wg Capts....not 1/35 IPs), that’s good. If you’ve got multiple DGs (not the least of which from SOS), that’s even better. Jobs with proven leadership and responsibilities are a must. Your PRF being signed by a GO or at least a wing CC of a large wing is a decent boost too. Finally, being at the top of a large denominator of eligibles really helps. I’ve seen SRs actually push some BTZs above IPZs by stratting then as 1/XX eligibles (not just BTZ) with a push that said something like “1/XX eligibles ahead of X IPZ....he’s that good.” You have all of those things, and you’re definitely in decent shape. If only one or two or only shades of what I described, I’d put your chances in the single digits as mentioned in the post above.

Either way, I’d use this year’s process (and your BTZ DP) as a positive indication that you’ll make it IPZ (in case you’re trying to make life plans as far as getting out/staying in).
  • Downvote 1