Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

58 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Subsequent lists will be password protected by AFPC after this huge response.

One word from someone on here about how they knew to their boss/sr rater because of baseops will ruin it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be unfortunate. I don’t post on here much at all but I have been lurking since 2009 and I get better gouge from you guys then I have ever received from anybody in my 15 year career.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Question for the masses:  seeing as how low the chances are of getting promoted two below the zone are, what constitutes a 2BPZ record?  

Im curious because I have seen some non-exceptional officers make it while others have not. 

Cuppage vs non-cuppage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Question for the masses:  seeing as how low the chances are of getting promoted two below the zone are, what constitutes a 2BPZ record?  

Im curious because I have seen some non-exceptional officers make it while others have not. 

From my experience, if you are 2BTZ, you know you are 2BTZ.

Again, just my experience, but, if you don’t have a bunch of tier one #1 strats, DGs, exec/aide time and served in specific jobs (I can only speak to the 14N career field on that one) then you won’t be 2BTZ.

The few records I’ve seen of 2BTZ officers stood out as 2BTZ (not that it needs to be said, but a lot of them weren’t “good” officers).

• Upvote 1

boys...don't have "the list"

bad troll attempt. my apologies and good luck to all

Dang man, that’s messed up! I just logged in to see if anyone’s heard yet and was about to join the chorus looking for it! I’m at a civilian institution PhD program so I’m not liking my chances of actually getting notified before the list gets posted to mypers!

6 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Lots of #1/xx, especially from senior raters.  Push lines for joint staff on several OPRs in a row.  DG out of commissioning source, SOS, ACSC, UPT/UNT, B-course, etc.  Exec time and/or a weapon school patch is usually required.

6 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Take it FWIW.. my last two sq/ccs were 2bpz. Both 11Ms, 1 was a WIC guy, went straight to 4-star aid as a capt, then school, Jt staff, sq/cc.  The other catapulted to wing exec as a mid-capt, off to acsc, sq/do, saass, jt staff, sq/cc.  they are both btz to O6 as well.  I'm sure a sprinkling of DGs and certainly #1/(insert largest number the SR can strat them against) highlight each line on their PRFs.

5 hours ago, olevelo said:

Dang man, that’s messed up! I just logged in to see if anyone’s heard yet and was about to join the chorus looking for it! I’m at a civilian institution PhD program so I’m not liking my chances of actually getting notified before the list gets posted to mypers!

it was funny until about the 20th PM asking for the list...then i felt shame 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, ruckerstud said:

Along the lines of up or out going away, is anyone hearing anything about why this board is at the CJCS? Is it like the last Majors board where they are promoting a bunch of APZ guys. One the upside, at least I can laugh that I will be gettting my notification for the next board and my results from this board the same week.

Last several years it has been because they are not promoting joint dudes at the same rate as their in-service peers...i.e., officers on JS should have the same rate as HAF officers.  Usually it's a one or two person deficiency (i.e., if you only have 20 people in the category, 1 person makes a 5% difference).  However, it speaks to either the quality of folks we send to joint jobs, or the fact that they are left hanging when it comes to a push for promotion.

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

However, it speaks to either the quality of folks we send to joint jobs, or the fact that they are left hanging when it comes to a push for promotion.

What?  No...never.  I mean, I've heard Col+'s talk about how that's outside the AF and outside the career field and looks bad.

3 hours ago, MDDieselPilot said:

Well I just got the call from my O6.. that reserve job is looking even better for the home team.

Same here. Looking at reserve and ANG openings. Everybody is telling me to push through the last 4.5 years but I don’t know if I can sit in some back office, in some job nobody cares about, that doesn’t have any meaningful work to do just to collect a paycheck.

I don’t want to have to PCS 1-2 more times to sit in jobs I have no motivation to do and, frankly, don’t care about just to retire at 20.

As far as my push line went (for anybody interested in comparing), I had 2 WG/CC strats (both top 35%), Sq/CC and SDE push. I also had the magic C on my other bullets. My first 8 OPRs didn’t have any strats in them but my last 6 have. The strangest thing to me is that on my O-4 PRF I was a DP and my records have improved since then.

oh well. Good luck to everyone else.