Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

• 2 weeks later...

So I was briefed on an interesting tidbit regarding the 09 Majors board today. Apparently there is a new (~5 Jul 18) congressional report that is required to be run by the services IG concerning officer eligibility for promotion. This system was already in place for O-6+, however not for the lower ranks. Anybody that is up for promotion that has had a "public" negative indicator will be reviewed at a later time as was mentioned earlier. The main driver for this may have been some Missileers that were involved in the Malmstrom cheating scandal in 2014. Although their LORs were removed from their UIF in the intervening years, their records are being further scrutinized since they were involved in a very public scandal. Hopefully the process will be further vetted for the later year groups (10-11) that were also heavily involved. This new scrutiny caught many O-6 off guard as well.

5 hours ago, Breckey said:

So I was briefed on an interesting tidbit regarding the 09 Majors board today. Apparently there is a new (~5 Jul 18) congressional report that is required to be run by the services IG concerning officer eligibility for promotion. This system was already in place for O-6+, however not for the lower ranks. Anybody that is up for promotion that has had a "public" negative indicator will be reviewed at a later time as was mentioned earlier. The main driver for this may have been some Missileers that were involved in the Malmstrom cheating scandal in 2014. Although their LORs were removed from their UIF in the intervening years, their records are being further scrutinized since they were involved in a very public scandal. Hopefully the process will be further vetted for the later year groups (10-11) that were also heavily involved. This new scrutiny caught many O-6 off guard as well.

Just so we're clear, the guidance is: It's ok to screw-up, just don't do it publically.

12 hours ago, Breckey said:

The real fun part about this guidance is that if you even have an investigation open, they'll withhold your promotion until it finishes.  So if you've got that one airman that doesn't like you because you gave him an LOR for being late to work, it could delay your promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
CY19 board schedule out
biggest change I see is Lt Col board is now 3 months earlier.   Board convenes in March vs June.

That brings the Lt Col board back to the “normal” timeline of March board for a June release.

Not surprised. This is now taking money directly out of people's pockets. First increments for this board's selectees already pushed from 1 Oct to 1 Nov. Won't be surprised if this delay pushes it further back to 1 Dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

How so? October is finishing up this year’s line numbers. Even with a month delay they can start pinning on the next batch on time in November.

IMG_4092.JPG

How so? October is finishing up this year’s line numbers. Even with a month delay they can start pinning on the next batch on time in November.

IMG_4092.JPG.43a90dfa4f8da5d0b2491f2b342b8357.JPG

Because they changed the monthly quotas not long ago to drag last year's line numbers into October. Was 123 per month through Jun and was projected to finish out in September. 123 x 3 = 369. 92 x 3 + 93 = 369.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Just saw the advisory from higher: 0518 board results delayed "30 days" due to hang-ups at the "national level".
Duck, somehow this is your fault.

Confirmed on MyPers. They are probably trying to find out how wide they can open up the BTZ floodgate given the people in that year group who have bailed.

IMG_4094.JPG

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

Confirmed on MyPers. They are probably trying to find out how wide they can open up the BTZ floodgate given the people in that year group who have bailed.

IMG_4094.JPG

So there's hope for my 1BPZ with a promote?!

So as the board results slide further right, the risk of accountability dates happening before promotion announcements becomes a definite possibility. 

You'd think we do this promotion board thing a few times a year or something and would establish some sort of repeatable process. If we can’t even get the simple things done like pushing out results, how are we as a service supposed to trust that the hard part like selecting promotees is done right?

Edited by war007afa
iPhone

Any chance that this pushes to the right far enough that the new promotion rules kick in? I have a couple friends who are once passed over Majors on the bonus ADSC looking to bail. Since the new NDAA gets rid of up or out that would screw them big time.

Any chance that this pushes to the right far enough that the new promotion rules kick in? I have a couple friends who are once passed over Majors on the bonus ADSC looking to bail. Since the new NDAA gets rid of up or out that would screw them big time.

Say what? Is continuation going to be automatic, with no option to decline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk