Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Valid on all accounts and I appreciate Beerman and Helodudes points. I would have paid to get out of the AF. What threw me for a loop was when I called to sign my refusal of my continuation paperwork and was told I was not being continued. My Commander then talked to me about IVSP and I sought out opinions on here. Bad wording on my part and I found it funny when some people who were not even involved in the conversation started getting pissy.

One day I would like to tell anyone on here who is interested my full story and how/why I did what I did. I am glad it worked out and I have 100% thanks to BO. People reached out to provide advice on talking to commanders to DNP letters, etc. This place is special and is an invaluable asset for people trying to get honest, unfiltered advice for their career. Thanks guys.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Let us be honest here: Duck is not being separated against his will as he asked to be separated, so hardly "against his will".

IVSP is there (by law) to provide severance pay for a member who had put in >6 years, was in good standing and did not want to leave, yet was told to leave anyway.  In 2014 I was in a staff job where some non-rated guys actually wanted to stay in and yet got RIFd anyway...and hence deserved and received IVSP.  There's a reason why VSP is different than IVSP.

This all being said, I agree that it's up to the AF to legally determine if a separated member qualifies for IVSP, not the member itself.  So legally, I think Duck would be fine applying, and as for the ethical piece of "should he apply", that's up to him to decide.

In the end: Duck, thank you for your service and good luck to you man!  

He has an ADSC, was twice passed over, was not offered continuation, and is being given a separation date. The optics that led up to the above narrative are irrelevant.

IVSP is not something one "applies" for. AFPC determines whether certain criteria is met (or not met) and amends it to his separation orders. I do not understand why people think he will apply for it and get the cash if it is warranted. Duck literally has no control if he gets IVSP, the most he can do is appeal the decision that is being given to him. There is no form to reject IVSP because you feel bad about the cash being deposited into your account.

Edit: I realize y'all are very passionate about serving your country... but this is purely an administrative decision being driven by regulations beyond a service members control. It makes much more sense if you detach any emotions from the narrative.

Edited by xaarman

2 hours ago, aggiecadet03 said:

Hate to break up the fun.  But does anyone know of a location of the list.  I would like to know my line number.  

Check the vmpf for your line number. I know there’s a spot for it on there. Now I’m not at work right now to check but that’s where I’d look if you can’t see the list. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, xaarman said:

He has an ADSC, was twice passed over, was not offered continuation, and is being given a separation date. The optics that led up to the above narrative are irrelevant.

"Irrelevant"?  That's BS--according to US Code:

"(3)

Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), an officer discharged under any provision of chapter 36 of this title for twice failing of selection for promotion to the next higher grade is not entitled to separation pay under this section if either (or both) of those failures of selection for promotion was by the action of a selection board to which the officer submitted a request in writing not to be selected for promotion or who otherwise directly caused his nonselection through written communication to the Board under section 614(b) of this title."

So it's up to the AF to make that decision, but what leads to the separation is definitely not "irrelevant".

IVSP is not something one applies" for. AFPC determines whether certain criteria is met (or not met) and amends it to his separation orders. I do not understand why people think he will apply for it and get the cash if it is warranted. Duck literally has no control if he gets IVSP, the most he can do is appeal the dectision that is being given to him. There is no form to reject IVSP because you feel bad about the cash being deposited into your account.

I am pretty ignorant as to how the end process works, so I'll default to your knowledge on the process and if you read my earlier post, I agreed that it is up to the AF to figure out their own process.  But when making a purchase and the cashier gives me back more money than I think is warranted, I at least ask the question as to whether or not the amount is correct...if the cashier responds yes, then I say ok and take the additional money.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

"Irrelevant"?  That's BS--according to US Code:

"(3)

Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), an officer discharged under any provision of chapter 36 of this title for twice failing of selection for promotion to the next higher grade is not entitled to separation pay under this section if either (or both) of those failures of selection for promotion was by the action of a selection board to which the officer submitted a request in writing not to be selected for promotion or who otherwise directly caused his nonselection through written communication to the Board under section 614(b) of this title."

So it's up to the AF to make that decision, but what leads to the separation is definitely not "irrelevant".

I am pretty ignorant as to how the end process works, so I'll default to your knowledge on the process and if you read my earlier post, I agreed that it is up to the AF to figure out their own process.  But when making a purchase and the cashier gives me back more money than I think is warranted, I at least ask the question as to whether or not the amount is correct...if the cashier responds yes, then I say ok and take the additional money.

I'm aware of the stipulations, I'm passed over, declined continuation and separated without pay.

People were roasting Duck because he asked if he was going to get IVSP and a few people went with "you're trying to quit and get paid on the way out."

When the AF decides how he was passed over this board, they will decide if he gets paid. If he does get paid, the involuntarily separated narrative above will stand. That's what I was trying to point out... people were getting on Duck like he was going to file a travel voucher under false pretenses which is not how the process works.

And so far, the grass is significantly greener on the other side.

Edited by xaarman
made less snarky, first beers on me at Duck's separation party

People were roasting Duck because he asked if he was going to get IVSP and a few people went with "you're trying to quit and get paid on the way out."

Wrong. Duck has since cleared up the situation by owning the fact that he could have been more clear.

His initial post about it, however, leads one to believe exactly what you are saying he wasn't asking.

He owned it, why are you still defending something he's not fighting?

7 hours ago, Duck said:

You were totally baited into this because Broke kept posting passive aggressive attacks on me and deleting them, prompting other bros on here to smell blood in the water and start to swarm.

First off, I didn't delete anything.

Second, I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked you a question to clarify a point and then made two if/then statements. 

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

Because you assume he knows for sure that he isn’t eligible. Even when he tells you straight up he doesn’t know. How is that fraud? People like you who make all encompassing assumptions of what’s wrong with the process are part of what’s wrong with the AF. Keep it up. You’ll go far by today’s general standards.

Bahahaha! 

I just saw this. I chose to comment on the thread because I am one of the relatively few people on here who has actually been nonselected to major (4 times!) and met a selective continuation board. So no, I'm not going far in today's Air Force. But never pass up an opportunity to use the "you're what's wrong with the Air Force" line. Its a pretty reliable way to get up voted. 

Also, your "people like you who make all encompassing assumptions" comment made me think of Star Wars, so thanks for that. 

mu3ZX2M.jpg

Edited by Broke
Found a better picture.

2 hours ago, Broke said:

Bahahaha! 

I just saw this. I chose to comment on the thread because I am one of the relatively few people on here who has actually been nonselected to major (4 times!) and met a selective continuation board. So no, I'm not going far in today's Air Force. But never pass up an opportunity to use the "you're what's wrong with the Air Force" line. Its a pretty reliable way to get up voted. 

Also, your "people like you who make all encompassing assumptions" comment made me think of Star Wars, so thanks for that. 

mu3ZX2M.jpg

I'm cyber...you're a fucking dork.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

Can I change the subject? The next time we all hang out, I'll take the grenade for the team since I'm a great wingman.

I was taught here from you guys knowledge from way back when the board usually gets it right. I had someone walk into my Wing Snacko office (next to the soft drink machine) to tell me the Gp Exec told this individual they got promoted. 

Under my breath, I said to myself the AF is fuc.d! A bunch of toxic officers and Execs will be running the AF into the ground soon enough. I guess not being a Flt/CC doesn't matter anymore either. Even if you are the squadron piss monitor you will be promoted. Or how about we play spin the rank for the next board to determine who gets promoted?

Rant complete.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, Guardian said:

I say we meet for Duck’s separation party and let a super drinkoff tournament ensue until no one remembers who won and we have a good time.

Let us know the day and time of said party.  I probably won't be there but there's a $50-spot on the GoFundMe for it.  Crowdsource it if that's a more palatable term.  Either way, I'd like to contribute.

Promotion parties in my Guard unit are seemingly non-existent so I'm all for a de-promotion party.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can anyone confirm the PRF light is being turned back on for the next majors board? I'm talking P0418D I believe. My Wing is telling us to write them. The PRF cookie monster returns.

Hard to say. Wings told the last group to write them as well.