Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Been there. Did they not offer continuation? I got continued on AD then Palace Fronted and made it first time in the Reserve. Highly recommend that option if you can find a unit. Feel free to hit me up if you have questions.

I don’t know yet about continuation. My Commander called me late Friday night. He said that a letter was supposed to be attached to the email he got about my passover but MPF forgot to attach it. He said we will talk Monday. Thanks again guys. I feel like I just won the lottery.
  • Like 1

Dick will most likely be continued to 20 years as a captain with the option to take it or get processed after 6 months.   

No no way does the Air Force "force" him out with it not being his choice.   If they did that, it's just like being RIFd or VSPd and they would owe him approx $100k

21 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Dick will most likely be continued to 20 years as a captain with the option to take it or get processed after 6 months.   

No no way does the Air Force "force" him out with it not being his choice.   If they did that, it's just like being RIFd or VSPd and they would owe him approx $100k

IF you go ANG or reserve, don't take the money, you'll thank me later.

Does anyone know anything about permissive leave that a Commander can authorize for people separating? Is that a thing? I have about 55 days stockpiled, but wondering if I can add to it for terminal. Thanks for the kind words brothers!

I also found out yesterday. I’m a 1APZ and I made it. So far all the APZs I’ve talked to have made it. I wonder of guys that were passed over again if there are any that didn’t have a QFI or asked not to be promoted.

6 minutes ago, Snuggie said:

I also found out yesterday. I’m a 1APZ and I made it. So far all the APZs I’ve talked to have made it. I wonder of guys that were passed over again if there are any that didn’t have a QFI or asked not to be promoted.

I know one who asked to be passed over to get out got what they wanted. Plus they already have things lined up. 

13 minutes ago, Duck said:

Does anyone know anything about permissive leave that a Commander can authorize for people separating? Is that a thing? I have about 55 days stockpiled, but wondering if I can add to it for terminal. Thanks for the kind words brothers!

Yes, you can do that. I ended up with about 3 months of terminal.

Get your TAP class scheduled and knock it out ASAP. You miss a week of work and you don't want to be doing that shit while you're in the middle of PCSing, separating, and job hunting all at one time.

Yes, you can do that. I ended up with about 3 months of terminal.
Get your TAP class scheduled and knock it out ASAP. You miss a week of work and you don't want to be doing that shit while you're in the middle of PCSing, separating, and job hunting all at one time.

Can the commander give you an additional 20 or something days? I thought I remember that somewhere.

Nope.  The permissive TDY for house/job hunting is only authorized for retirements or involuntary separations (it’ll be voluntary in your case cuz the AF will be kind enough to offer you continuation).  I got screwed on my end of ADSC separation.  I thought the same thing and took 19 ptdy days for house hunting and job interviews.  Commander approved (Yep, bad on both of us for not knowing the ins and outs of the AFIs), but the CSS dude (ya know, the dude whose J-O-B it is to know this stuff) signed off on it all three times.  
At my final out, was told by finance “sorry, that shouldn’t have been approved. We have to go back and change it to regular leave.”  I could either stay AD for 19 more days (not an option, HHGs were gone and I had airline Indoc to start) or charge it as excess leave.  I did the latter and got screwed out of 19 days of pay in the back end of my terminal leave.  
Big Blue just had to give one last kick in the crotch on my way out.  #byefelicia

That sucks man. Thanks for the info though!

Ok I had to look back in my emails.  Your discharge benefits code is under “special benefits package.” When you go to Airman and Family Readiness, they will look up that code, which also authorizes you six months of healthcare under TAMP. 

MPF has a master list of codes that qualify for the 20 days of permissive TDY under the special benefits package listed above. Give them the code that A&FRC gave you and they will validate the 20 days. 

Edit: I had to go to MPF and get it added to DEERS, THEN Separations would validate/approve the 20 days. 

Edit 2: it was the Separation code, which was JGB for us. That’s what I had to get added to DEERS before pressing on. 

Edited by xaarman
See above

Long time listener, first time caller here. Not to drag out the 17D conversation, but I have some good gouge from some fairly reliable sources here in AMC. They're stating that SECAF went to Congress IOT explain the snafu w/ this board and that there's a list of about 200 personnel (cases) still in deliberation--said individual's SRs will have the "opportunity" to provide an explanation as to why they think these Airmen deserve O-4 given their records. So, it would appear that all isn't lost if you don't initially see your name on the list.

1 hour ago, xaarman said:

Ok I had to look back in my emails.  Your discharge benefits code is under “special benefits package.” When you go to Airman and Family Readiness, they will look up that code, which also authorizes you six months of healthcare under TAMP. 

MPF has a master list of codes that qualify for the 20 days of permissive TDY under the special benefits package listed above. Give them the code that A&FRC gave you and they will validate the 20 days. 

Edit: I had to go to MPF and get it added to DEERS, THEN Separations would validate/approve the 20 days. 

Edit 2: it was the Separation code, which was JGB for us. That’s what I had to get added to DEERS before pressing on. 

JGB stands for Just Got Booted

I heard they didn’t even have a continuation board on this round because the rate was so high. Can anybody confirm?

59 minutes ago, Duck said:

I heard they didn’t even have a continuation board on this round because the rate was so high. Can anybody confirm?

I have a hard time believing that the Air Force wouldn't offer continuation to rated guys in the midst of a pilot manning crisis... But then, they've done dumber things.

• Like 2