Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

So the AF is too cowardly to let WG/CCs decide when it should and shouldn't be a one mistake Air Force.  What a joke.

Undercutting CCs' authority is a huge part of why the AF is so broken, and this phenomenon isn't new.  Cue Robin Olds' rant about his authority as an AAF O-4 vs a USAF O-7.

If they want to watch Rome burn, they have my support.  Less than a month until I'm a free man!

10 hours ago, FlyinGrunt said:

So the AF is too cowardly to let WG/CCs decide when it should and shouldn't be a one mistake Air Force.  What a joke.

Undercutting CCs' authority is a huge part of why the AF is so broken, and this phenomenon isn't new.  Cue Robin Olds' rant about his authority as an AAF O-4 vs a USAF O-7.

If they want to watch Rome burn, they have my support.  Less than a month until I'm a free man!

I strangely think this was an attempt to return this authority to the CC's...they just didn't sell/prepare it as that.  That's the vibe I'm getting from my bro's, perhaps @Duck might have more/less info.

According to this article, the primary reason for the change in promotion opportunity was to boost LAF FGO manning. It also had the secondary effects of “reinforcing trust and confidence in squadron leadership” and “reducing administrative burdens on squadron commanders.”

So this *was* an attempt to empower commanders. As far as the mess up, I’d say it lies with the authority who decided to scrub the records at the HAF. Unless SRs neglected to submit a PRF for individuals with an “Article 15, court-martial, referral report, or letter of reprimand,” I think the scrub was unnecessary.

Even if they had neglected to submit such PRFs, the scrub was probably unnecessary. I haven’t heard of anyone rescrubbing the records of LTs promoting to Captain. I’m sure some SRs neglect to submit PRFs for them when they have negative indicators. Why don’t they rescrub those records? Is it because a Major has more authority? Maybe.

Maybe the original reason for the change is no longer a problem? If FGO manning is now healthy, maybe the bosses decided they wanted to execute the old way.

In the end, nobody knows the specifics on why the release got delayed. Hopefully leadership steps up and tells everyone why.

Edited by zmoney
To clarify the “LT-Captain” promotion process. Spelling.

The reason it’s taking so long is because they’ve been meticulously examining the records of every 1APZ to ensure that Duck isn’t accidentally passed over a second time, resulting in his freedom.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:49 AM, FlyinGrunt said:

I mean, it hasn't always worked out in the past...see the discussion on the forum below around June 3 regarding the former 375 AMW/CC: 

• Haha 1

I don't think the alleged 19 June release is going to hold for the CY17D board.  There hasn't been any public release announced and they have no officially stated whether or not it has fully cleared OSD.  AFPC seems to be out to lunch with regards to this.  

I don't think the alleged 19 June release is going to hold for the CY17D board.  There hasn't been any public release announced and they have no officially stated whether or not it has fully cleared OSD.  AFPC seems to be out to lunch with regards to this.  

I’m starting to feel the same way. Although AFPC promotions and the AFPC CC 2 Star told our Wing it is 19 June. But no one has seen anything else.

1 hour ago, Duck said:

I’m starting to feel the same way. Although AFPC promotions and the AFPC CC 2 Star told our Wing it is 19 June. But no one has seen anything else.

Well...guess we'll starting posting questions via Twitter, or Facebook to the SECAF, CSAF and AFPC pages.

Or JQP could make a come back and detail this in a 3 part story.

Well...guess we'll starting posting questions via Twitter, or Facebook to the SECAF, CSAF and AFPC pages.
Or JQP could make a come back and detail this in a 3 part story.

Nah I think he finally realized his site jumped the shark...and he makes enough money off it not to give a shit. Not that his stuff was that great anyway.
  • Haha 1

Despite rumors on the AF Promotions Page, the SRs do not have the CY17D lists as of 1300 EST today. Gen Kelly, AFPC 2Star, announced via email that the 19th will be the release date. I called AFPC Promotions today and talked to the OIC. She told me that the big wigs at AFPC were having a meeting about the CY17D board around lunch today. She says that she is “hoping” to get the lists to the SRs by the end of this week and release the board sometime next week but has been told to hold onto them for now. I pressed her for the reason for the delays and she said that from her standpoint there is no reason to delay the release and it seems like they are just holding onto the results for no apparent reason.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duck said:

Despite rumors on the AF Promotions Page, the SRs do not have the CY17D lists as of 1300 EST today. Gen Kelly, AFPC 2Star, announced via email that the 19th will be the release date. I called AFPC Promotions today and talked to the OIC. She told me that the big wigs at AFPC were having a meeting about the CY17D board around lunch today. She says that she is “hoping” to get the lists to the SRs by the end of this week and release the board sometime next week but has been told to hold onto them for now. I pressed her for the reason for the delays and she said that from her standpoint there is no reason to delay the release and it seems like they are just holding onto the results for no apparent reason.

AFPC can't seem to get it together at any level.  

AFPC can't seem to get it together at any level.  

My guess is that there are gonna be some surprises or something on this board and they are working on the “optics”. That is the only reason for them to hold onto approved results.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Duck said:

My guess is that there are gonna be some surprises or something on this board and they are working on the “optics”. That is the only reason for them to hold onto approved results.

I suspect you are exactly correct.  

• Like 1

Duck you’ve been effectively promoted and mandated 20 years continuation. The AF just needs to find the right lube to make it easier on you. Thanks for the hold up!

Duck you’ve been effectively promoted and mandated 20 years continuation. The AF just needs to find the right lube to make it easier on you. Thanks for the hold up!

Wow. When did they start using lube?
  • Haha 3

Great. Now I’ll get ass cancer.

First the anal warts you got from the F-15 crew chief and now this? Ouch.

First the anal warts you got from the F-15 crew chief and now this? Ouch.

I like chicks and I don’t fly C models.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m waiting for the “it was 100% promotion opportunity for everybody but....”. The question will be if it’s only for guys with QFIs or if they also looked at above the zone/in the zone guys.