Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

33 minutes ago, Duck said:

Do the wings only get their list or do they get the full deal?

The MPF gets the full list and sends it to DP shops.    Sometimes either MPF or DP will filter results.... but not usually.   Wing kings usually get full list/pdsms 

Alright, who’s on the Wing Staff around here who is gonna look my name up for me tomorrow?

• Like 1

Just talked to Promotions at AFPC. The rumor is true, the CY-17D list is going to be pushed out to Wings later today. (At worst early tomorrow). Suspect a 19 June release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Duck said:

Just talked to Promotions at AFPC. The rumor is true, the CY-17D list is going to be pushed out to Wings later today. (At worst early tomorrow). Suspect a 19 June release.

Thanks for confirming that. Now did you ask them why they took so long to get this out? Or why didn’t they do a better job of communicating the delays? (Insert eye roll emoji here ahaha) but thanks. I know you are ready to get on with this as I suspect most of us are. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Duck said:

Congratulations on your selection to Major!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

One of you savages posted the rumor on the portal page, and even referenced baseops.net, so I guess they deleted all the comments.

What a wonderful day.

First rule of BODN is you don't talk about BODN

The second rule is you don't talk about BODN

Don't need the unwashed masses here.

Edited by LookieRookie

I’m guessing the list didn’t get pushed today. AFPC said late today or early tomorrow.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

One of you savages posted the rumor on the portal page, and even referenced baseops.net, so I guess they deleted all the comments.

What a wonderful day.

Some people's kids...

4 hours ago, bennynova said:

Major select Duck, (line number 1)

What/where will your promo party entail/be?

Virtual promotion party on bodn.  He'll have to mail out drinks.

• Like 2

Anybody else get the email from the AFPC 2-Star? He sent it out to all the Wing Commanders and outright LIES about the reason the board was delayed. He says it was due to a higher number of eligibles. Funny how just a 5% higher eligibility will extend a board by 4 months. Just goes to show that few senior leaders will just tell the truth and fess up when they screw up. Of course no one is gonna hold anyone accountable.

• Like 1

So what is the truth behind the delay? I’m out on much needed leave from the grind of this place we call work right now. 

I don’t want to be cryptic, but I also don’t want to betray the trust of the person who told me. However I thought that it was put out here on BO as well. Suffice to say that an extra 200 promotees did not cause the extra 4 month delay. The fact that it took an extra couple weeks while other boards jumped it at the OSD should also tell you the AF isn’t being truthful about what they were trying to do.

5 minutes ago, Duck said:

I don’t want to be cryptic, but I also don’t want to betray the trust of the person who told me. However I thought that it was put out here on BO as well. Suffice to say that an extra 200 promotees did not cause the extra 4 month delay. The fact that it took an extra couple weeks while other boards jumped it at the OSD should also tell you the AF isn’t being truthful about what they were trying to do.

Pretty sure it was posted pages back as well. 

My RUMINT (same as here, but different source) was there wasn't a good enough scrub by CC's/SR's and individuals who should have been auto-non-recommended were still sent up as DP/P.  So SAF/HAF had to scrub them all because CC's/SR's didn't "do their job."  Apparently, like we're doing with school and the rest now, SR's are supposed to be the arbiters of good/bad news...which is fine with me. Ya'know...leadership.

Now, whether those CC's/SR's got that guidance was not made clear to me.  But given how we're all confused over what's different this time vs. every year before it...I'd guess not. 

• Like 2

I don’t know why it’s so hard to just say “we had an idea to try and make things better and we fvcked it all up. Sorry guys, we will do better next time” and then fix it and move on.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Duck said:

Duck much appreciated and I agree that they should just fess up that they messed up and will fix it next time. 

49 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

Pretty sure it was posted pages back as well. 

My RUMINT (same as here, but different source) was there wasn't a good enough scrub by CC's/SR's and individuals who should have been auto-non-recommended were still sent up as DP/P.  So SAF/HAF had to scrub them all because CC's/SR's didn't "do their job."  Apparently, like we're doing with school and the rest now, SR's are supposed to be the arbiters of good/bad news...which is fine with me. Ya'know...leadership.

Now, whether those CC's/SR's got that guidance was not made clear to me.  But given how we're all confused over what's different this time vs. every year before it...I'd guess not. 

17D, now that looks familiar from what was posted earlier. So if we can’t trust our SR to pick the people who they think should be promoted then how can we expect them to pick the people who should go to school now? 

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

Gen Kelly was just mentioned in a move from AFPC today.   He wasn't there very long.... or was that normal length?

He’s also getting his third star. Expect him at A1 shortly, methinks. 

1 hour ago, cragspider said:

Duck much appreciated and I agree that they should just fess up that they messed up and will fix it next time. 

17D, now that looks familiar from what was posted earlier. So if we can’t trust our SR to pick the people who they think should be promoted then how can we expect them to pick the people who should go to school now? 

Crag, I'm going with benefit of the doubt on this one.  I don't think it was communicated down well enough to have the sifting at the lower level like higher level expected.  We're used to PRF's and the board taking care of the process.  

I'm fine with the local folks being given this authority, and think it's actually where it should reside...if they're given the craniums up about what's expected.

Though I will miss the rack-n-stack across the AFSC that happened with central boards for school.