Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

1 hour ago, Duck said:

The pitchforks are out on the promotion page for the AF portal. It’s pretty funny to watch the AFPC guys play the blame game on why it’s taking so long. The last update is early June.

Which page is this? I’d love to see the comments. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duck said:

The pitchforks are out on the promotion page for the AF portal. It’s pretty funny to watch the AFPC guys play the blame game on why it’s taking so long. The last update is early June.

My favorite part about the 09’ fiasco is that the board didn’t have any PRFs and that whole 100% opportunity to promote.  I guess this “simplification” made the board more difficult and time-consuming. I’m guessing they felt the need to sift through everyone's records, and disregard the “P” from the Wg/CCs.

Oh, and our PRFs were written anyways. So much time saved.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flyusaf83 said:

My favorite part about the 09’ fiasco is that the board didn’t have any PRFs and that whole 100% opportunity to promote.  I guess this “simplification” made the board more difficult and time-consuming. I’m guessing they felt the need to sift through everyone's records, and disregard the “P” from the Wg/CCs.

Oh, and our PRFs were written anyways. So much time saved.

And they wonder why there is a retention problem.  Instead of remedying actually broken things, they break things and then attempt to fix what they just broke.

• Like 1

While I'm waiting for AFPC to update the Selective Continuation page on MyPers for the CY18B LAF Lt Col promotion board (they're three days late...not shocked), I noticed that the Air Force never posted a Selective Continuation page for LAF (non-JAG) once passed-over Captains being considered for CY17D's Major's board.  They did, however, post selective continuation info for LAF-J and Chaplains Majors meeting their CY17D Lt Col board at the same time.  I take that to mean that the Air Force did in fact extend the 100% promotion opportunity to Captains in their first APZ board...and that they did NOT hold a continuation board for passed-over Captains as they did not intend to continue any passed-over Captains that haven't already been continued in a prior board.

I wonder if part of the delay of the board results release is that the Air Force needed to hold a hasty continuation board for APZ non-selected Captains to keep them in?

56 minutes ago, Swizzle said:

Interesting speculation...

But does the near-blanket continuation letter cover the gap?

The two month gap between when SecAF had the board results until they were finally reported into OSD?  No idea.  I know it's not just my opinion that the Air Force is the worst service when it comes to discussing their issues with the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t read too much into anything besides this service is broken and incompetent.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

So now June 5 is the big day?

Duck, I don't know you, but I haven't given this much of a shit about someone's career since my days of 5 minute e-mail refreshes during the 2014 VSP.  I've said it before, but every time I come on here and see this thread at the top, I check it hoping for some good news for you, brother.

Keep up the good fight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, gimmeaplane said:

This!

Why would you downvote this Waingro?

If this story of a senator doing harm to a great Officers career because of a personal vendetta, this needs to be out there.

*caveat* I know nothing other than several people saying this guy is a great dude and a senator screwed him. He may be a huge POS for all I know. But as a tax payer, if someone that’s a talented Officer is being stymied and weakening the AF as a result, that’s corruption and collusion and I want to know about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

If this story of a senator doing harm to a great Officers career because of a personal vendetta, this needs to be out there.

*caveat* I know nothing other than several people saying this guy is a great dude and a senator screwed him. He may be a huge POS for all I know. But as a tax payer, if someone that’s a talented Officer is being stymied and weakening the AF as a result, that’s corruption and collusion and I want to know about it.

maybe waingro is said senator?!

like the 76ers current president ghost running 5 twitter accounts?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23648754/philadelphia-76ers-investigating-alleged-social-media-use-team-president-bryan-colangelo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FUSEPLUG said:

So now June 5 is the big day?

Fake news? Or did this just drop? Earlier today MyPers showed AFPC release as blank still, but other board releases were confirmed early June

Edited by BroncoEN
Damn iPad

Fake news? Or did this just drop? Earlier today MyPers showed AFPC release as blank still, but other board releases were confirmed early June

Unfortunately this is only the Lt Col portion of the board.

We are almost getting to the point where the 09 guys will have to re-write PRFs for the December board since they haven’t been selected for promotion yet...AGAIN! Some transparency would be nice, I mean if they hope to retain anyone. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Only downvoting a post that just says "This!", as one might find on a 15-year-old girl's Twitter account.

The original post stating that it'd be good to hear which senator redlined someone's BTZ to O-5 is spot on.

Not sure if there's a way to track specific actions, but all current promotion lists with the senate are here::

Lists in committee: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/nom_cmten.htm

Lists confirmed: https://www.senate.gov/legislative/noms_confn.htm

• Thanks 2

My bad.  I thought the banner I saw on the Portal yesterday included Maj as well.  Must have mis-read it.

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of the AF splitting a board after it met.

• Like 1

I got a joke for ya. CY17D Majors board release date.

In all seriousness, something is going on. I’ve never seen a board delayed this bad with ZERO explanation from our Senior Overlords.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Duck said:

In all seriousness, something is going on. I’ve never seen a board delayed this bad with ZERO explanation from our Senior Overlords.

Yeah, this is freaking weird.  Who wants to bet that they delay it for the end of the month/first week of july? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duck said:

They are probably going to say: "Well that was a nice experiment.  We are going to file that one as evidence, throw the results out, and skip over '09.  CY18D will proceed without '09.  '09, thank you for your service; it reflects great credit upon yourself and the United States Air Force.  Now goodbye."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RJ09 said:

They are probably going to say: "Well that was a nice experiment.  We are going to file that one as evidence, throw the results out, and skip over '09.  CY18D will proceed without '09.  '09, thank you for your service; it reflects great credit upon yourself and the United States Air Force.  Now goodbye."

They soften the blow by giving meritorious service license plates for all ‘09 peeps LOL

Edited by BashiChuni