Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

14 hours ago, Duck said:

I already got that money spent dawg! emoji385.png emoji383.png

Lucky you, it'll be tax free.  Do you have any experience running Wing Exercises?  Al Udeid is waiting.

Funny how they're sourcing the 365s and the Major's list just happens to come out as those sourcing emails are being sent.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Upvote 1

On 4/23/2018 at 11:47 PM, dream big said:

Interesting, why did wing commanders have to provide a “yes or no” if they were going to second guess all the recommendations!?  God this level of incompetence...

Probably checking everyone's Facebook feed for dinosaur puppet videos.

What do you gain from doing ACSC and do you lose anything for completely blowing it off?

With the 100% promotion rate to Maj, I envision a log jam for future O-5 boards. There will have to be discriminators, hello Masters and PME becoming very important again.

ACSC sucks, but for the vast majority of LAF Officers, not completing it removes you from being competitive. There’s always the unicorns that make it without completing it...but safer to hedge your bets.

2 hours ago, jrizzell said:

With the 100% promotion rate to Maj, I envision a log jam for future O-5 boards. There will have to be discriminators, hello Masters and PME becoming very important again.

ACSC sucks, but for the vast majority of LAF Officers, not completing it removes you from being competitive. There’s always the unicorns that make it without completing it...but safer to hedge your bets.

I am going to retire in 2 years. I told leadership I am not doing ACSC because my parents and old lady are more important. My parents won't be on this earth forever and after 17 years of service, I owe them for my success. My next duty title will be far above my peers: Wing FGO Snacko Supreme. I feel like I get to walk away from the AF on top.

A friend of mine was picked up for ACSC in residence and he walked out the door to a flying job with UPS. Talking about a serious mic drop....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I am going to retire in 2 years. I told leadership I am not doing ACSC because my parents and old lady are more important. My parents won't be on this earth forever and after 17 years of service, I owe them for my success. My next duty title will be far above my peers: Wing FGO Snacko Supreme. I feel like I get to walk away from the AF on top.
A friend of mine was picked up for ACSC in residence and he walked out the door to a flying job with UPS. Talking about a serious mic drop....

If your retiring in two years then you’re in different place than younger FGO’s. Enjoy Snacko, the ole’ 10-2 workday with two days a month restocking your goods, enjoy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Man I hope it works out like that for you.  My last deployed roommate was kinda like you.

4 hours ago, jrizzell said:

Based on the rate LtCols are getting out, we're gonna need more, not less.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nunya said:

Man I hope it works out like that for you.  My last deployed roommate was kinda like you.

Fvck ACSC.... here is why I refuse:

4 year degree

ASBC

SOS in correspondence (in order to get the push for in-res)

SOS in residence (8 weeks)

Masters (in order to make O-4)

Just like the pilot "crisis" my vote will be cast by action. (or lack thereof)

40 minutes ago, IDALPHA said:

Fvck ACSC.... here is why I refuse:

1 1/2 years of Pilot Training

4 year degree

ASBC

SOS in correspondence (in order to get the push for in-res)

SOS in residence (8 weeks)

Masters (in order to make O-4)

Just like the pilot "crisis" my vote will be cast by action. (or lack thereof)

Fixed

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m sorry, but didn’t the AF just announce they are devaluing PME completion in order to complete it at a time of your choosing. Also, what about the policy two years ago of officers who are selects not being able to sign up for correspondence until they were picked up for a school, which didn’t offer JPME credit. 

It it makes me sick to think douchnozzles who completed ACSC but suck as pilots would make it over those who are stone cold killers, but didn’t have the time because they were focused on their core job. We have truly lost what is important. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

I’m sorry, but didn’t the AF just announce they are devaluing PME completion in order to complete it at a time of your choosing. Also, what about the policy two years ago of officers who are selects not being able to sign up for correspondence until they were picked up for a school, which didn’t offer JPME credit. 

It it makes me sick to think douchnozzles who completed ACSC but suck as pilots would make it over those who are stone cold killers, but didn’t have the time because they were focused on their core job. We have truly lost what is important. 

Don’t even get me started! The major EP/WIC types that should be in the squadron mentoring the copiglets are staying at work till 7pm in whatever useless Wing job they have, flying once a month and then going home and working on ACSC...truly sad.

Don’t even get me started! The major EP/WIC types that should be in the squadron mentoring the copiglets are staying at work till 7pm in whatever useless Wing job they have, flying once a month and then going home and working on ACSC...truly sad.

ACSC was totally worthless. That said, it’s not all that time consuming if you can fog a mirror. I was able to knock out most of the self paced classes in well under 2 hours, and the group classes took an average of maybe 6-9 hours spread over a couple weeks. It’s a fvcking haze, but it is a huge discriminator for promotion and is worth knocking out for that reason alone.

I’ll never do a correspondence class. Ever. 

I remember my sq cc telling me to “knock out” SOS in correspondence to show I had the drive/desire to go In-Res... no thanks boss. 

How does that type of thinking make sense?

”hey dude get your undergrad degree done in correspondence to prove you want to go to college in-res” lol

2 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

I remember my sq cc telling me to “knock out” SOS in correspondence to show I had the drive/desire to go In-Res... no thanks boss. 

”hey dude get your undergrad degree done in correspondence to prove you want to go to college in-res” lol

It's lazy/uncourageous leadership looking for easy discriminators instead of getting know their people (and giving them honest feedback).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Seriously said:

It's lazy/uncourageous leadership looking for easy discriminators instead of getting know their people (and giving them honest feedback).

Hah.  I completed ACSC in correspondence as a Capt almost a year before I pinned on O4 (we had a kid on the way, overseas PCS coming, and other stuff so wanted to get acsc off my mind). My sq/cc told me I should have completed it the previous calendar year (I finished in jan) so it looked even better on my SURF.  UFB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

ACSC was totally worthless. That said, it’s not all that time consuming if you can fog a mirror. I was able to knock out most of the self paced classes in well under 2 hours, and the group classes took an average of maybe 6-9 hours spread over a couple weeks. It’s a fvcking haze, but it is a huge discriminator for promotion and is worth knocking out for that reason alone.

ACSC was totally worthless. SHACK

That said, it’s not all that time consuming if you can fog a mirror. This mindset is feeding the AF machine in a negative way. Rationalizing "worthless" tasks is EXACTLY the reason we are all stuck in this sinking ship.

I was able to knock out most of the self paced classes in well under 2 hours, and the group classes took an average of maybe 6-9 hours spread over a couple weeks. Congrats.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

As a young CGO my Sq/CC told me to do SOS in correspondence in order to compete for a In-Res slots because "The shoe clerks have this game figured out." BTW, the CGOC President had a seat in the wing staff meeting at the time. After he said that it all started to make sense, just look at the promotion rates of flyers vs. non-flyers recently.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending the system. But we, as pilots, have lost control of the AIR FORCE.

• Like 2