Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

I checked the other day.  Didn't see them in PRDA yet.  Hopefully we'll hear the first week of April.

I emailed the promotion guys a couple weeks ago about records and PRDA. I thought the “as met” shows up after the board convenes, but it’s actually after the board is released.

I am expecting to hear words around 9 April just based off the last couple boards timelines and the fact that SWA’s application window closes on 8 April. I’m sure the AF would love to screw the twice passed over guys just one more time if they can.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, Duck said:

I emailed the promotion guys a couple weeks ago about records and PRDA. I thought the “as met” shows up after the board convenes, but it’s actually after the board is released.

I am expecting to hear words around 9 April just based off the last couple boards timelines and the fact that SWA’s application window closes on 8 April. I’m sure the AF would love to screw the twice passed over guys just one more time if they can.

Well I hope for your sake that we find out sooner than later.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright WTF? The O-4 board release was just pushed back ANOTHER month. Used to be Early March, and now we are looking at Mid-Late May. Still stuck at SECAF level and hasn't been released to the Office of Sec Def. Anyone have any guesses what the fvck is going on with this clown show?

My gut tells me that they are trying to change something major after the fact, just like last board when they stripped all the school slots from the promotion results. That caused the last release to be delayed by about a month or so. Maybe this time they are trying to petition congress (or whoever is in charge of promotions above the AF?) to allow all IPZ/APZ O-3s to be promoted despite who was non-selected at the Central Selection Board.

Seriously, anyone have any vis on this?

• Haha 1

Alright WTF? The O-4 board release was just pushed back ANOTHER month. Used to be Early March, and now we are looking at Mid-Late May. Still stuck at SECAF level and hasn't been released to the Office of Sec Def. Anyone have any guesses what the fvck is going on with this clown show?
My gut tells me that they are trying to change something major after the fact, just like last board when they stripped all the school slots from the promotion results. That caused the last release to be delayed by about a month or so. Maybe this time they are trying to petition congress (or whoever is in charge of promotions above the AF?) to allow all IPZ/APZ O-3s to be promoted despite who was non-selected at the Central Selection Board.

Duck, I think they are trying to figure out what to do with you.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Duck said:

I just find this comical now. They did something similar with the 06 yg and kept rolling it back over 2 months. Duck I think they know how bad you want out and are going to keep you for as long as they can.  But I do understand how frustrating this can be for folks who are planning on getting out and may already have jobs lined up. Who really knows what is going on with AFPC and those who are making these types of decisions. It just one more reason why they have lost the faith of the troops. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Duck said:

Yeah, this is weird.  I wonder what the hold up is?  I definitely think it has to do with the 100% promotion opportunity.   Maybe they didn't get the number of selects they were hoping for even after the big change....  

This talk sent me digging, and I found this little gem from last year:

http://www.afpc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1309786/air-force-announces-100-percent-promotion-opportunity-to-major/

-  “Although the system hasn’t changed, challenges with agility, efficiency, consistency and transparency have been documented by research and in the field for over 20 years,” said Maj. Mike Lupher, chief of Workforce Development for the Air Force Talent Management Innovation Cell. “We recognized we needed to do something about it and are taking a comprehensive approach to addressing these challenges.”

"I fully trust raters and senior raters to continue to ensure the Air Force's high standards of conduct," said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

...now where's the separation date button...

I’m guessing it has to do with the 100% thing as well - in the sense that they didn’t get enough selects to meet the new demand.

Our wing alone sent up 3 DNPs out of about 20 people so if you do the math that’s close to a historical select rate. 

4 hours ago, dream big said:

I’m guessing it has to do with the 100% thing as well - in the sense that they didn’t get enough selects to meet the new demand.

Our wing alone sent up 3 DNPs out of about 20 people so if you do the math that’s close to a historical select rate. 

I know at my NAF we had 9 DNPs.  I don't know how many total were up for promotion.

Edited by Chromedome

• 2 weeks later...

LAF student MLR:: I talked to AFPC this morning concerning the most recent student MLR and the Lt told me that the DP allocation was only 10% this year. Does anyone have data on  how this statistic compares to the rest of the USAF?  Are we looking at a net reduction in DPs to Lt Col or is this standard?  I believe in the past the DPs were handed to around 40-50% of Lt Col eligibles.   Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Can anyone tell me the promotion increment to Major? I’m line #1950 

You probably have a couple months.  The June increment only goes to 1716 w/ 380 remaining after that.  The quota each month has been 190.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Food for thought -- it's obvious to me that AF A1 has instituted new guidance instructing senior raters to ignore lack of DE in correspondence for both IDE/SDE nomination and BTZ promotion selection in order to curb the retention crisis.  I am in favor of the guidance and appreciate, that in theory, I will not be dinged because I don't have ACSC in correspondence done for my third look for IDE (candidate status) and 2BPZ look to O-5 this year.  I have some skin in the game as I would otherwise be competitive for BPZ but I don't have PME done.  I'm wondering if we'll see promotion rates go up for BPZs Air Force wide without PME completion.  It should be fairly obvious if the Senior Raters are following this guidance or if it's like a jury trial where the judge instructs the jury to "ignore what you just heard"....but it's very hard to ignore what you just heard.  Thoughts? 

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1482387/application-window-for-in-residence-developmental-education-attendance-open-to/

12 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Food for thought -- it's obvious to me that AF A1 has instituted new guidance instructing senior raters to ignore lack of DE in correspondence for both IDE/SDE nomination and BTZ promotion selection in order to curb the retention crisis.  I am in favor of the guidance and appreciate, that in theory, I will not be dinged because I don't have ACSC in correspondence done for my third look for IDE (candidate status) and 2BPZ look to O-5 this year.  I have some skin in the game as I would otherwise be competitive for BPZ but I don't have PME done.  I'm wondering if we'll see promotion rates go up for BPZs Air Force wide without PME completion.  It should be fairly obvious if the Senior Raters are following this guidance or if it's like a jury trial where the judge instructs the jury to "ignore what you just heard"....but it's very hard to ignore what you just heard.  Thoughts? 

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1482387/application-window-for-in-residence-developmental-education-attendance-open-to/

I have zero faith.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 8:38 AM, celtic020 said:

Then you have to factor in the rogue Wing Commanders who will still do everything the old way (like still making dudes do PRFs for Major) because that’s the way that made them successful.