Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

I wonder if sitting in the school house vice being at one of the test squadrons working on sexy programs made your PRF less competitive?  In my experience, the FTEs and even the human factors O-4s did well from having that ops stink.

I was in a test squadron for 2.5 years, then OGV attached to the same squadron for another year, prior to being an instructor. But I had some pretty crappy leadership who didn't take care of folks with strats and awards during that time, so I probably would have been better off in the schoolhouse!

And I was one of the first two AC-130J CSOs, so how much sexier can I get?!

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2017 at 6:56 PM, olevelo said:

And I was one of the first two AC-130J CSOs, so how much sexier can I get?!

6.9 times more if you were a pilot.

Sorry brother we have not done the ACJ test folks justice, hoping that changes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/13/2017 at 5:11 PM, panchbarnes said:

FWIW, our O-6 recently mentioned to us that they are now looking for combat/deployment time on the Lt Col board PRF.

Interesting, considering I've had peers told "you've done too many deployments, you need to find a job outside the ops squadron if you want to get promoted".

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, pawnman said:

Interesting, considering I've had peers told "you've done too many deployments, you need to find a job outside the ops squadron if you want to get promoted".

What's old is new and what's new is old.  50$ says masters will become unmasked for 04 promotion within the next decade. 

One of my buddies passed over explained it best: "I just got passed over, I have 2 days to write my PRF for the next board with zero feedback, and am somehow expected to perform up to a secret set of moving standards that the board members decide are the flavor of the year."

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Checked MyPers today and it looks like pending Congress approval, '08 YG Maj selects with line #s 1-191 should start pin on in Oct. 

So at this rate it will take til Sep 18 to finish. What again was the point of moving the 09 yg up?

21 hours ago, BADFNZ said:

Checked MyPers today and it looks like pending Congress approval, '08 YG Maj selects with line #s 1-191 should start pin on in Oct. 

19 minutes ago, Lstcause257 said:

So at this rate it will take til Sep 18 to finish. What again was the point of moving the 09 yg up?

Increments can change by month.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, BADFNZ said:

So.....when/how long will Congress take to approve it?

On 9/1/2017 at 11:08 AM, Lstcause257 said:

So why is AFPC creating a huge backlog of selects? The 09' board is in Dec. So then 09' guys won't pin until 10-21 months from their board?  That is just stupid.

Just answered my own question.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flyusaf83 said:

So why is AFPC creating a huge backlog of selects? The 09' board is in Dec. So then 09' guys won't pin until 10-21 months from their board?  That is just stupid.

Here's a possible reason - "Look, you guys got promoted!  Please don't flee for the airlines/industry!"

1 hour ago, flyusaf83 said:

This happens every year.  They increment it out to the last two months, right before the next yg is supposed to start pinning, then cash out the remaining 40% remaining over two months.

Every.  Year.  Don't know why.  At this point I don't actually think it's the shoe's fault.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, flyusaf83 said:

I waited almost a year, and my board was pushed back a year because the groups ahead of me were waiting two years.  I suspect the boards moving forward are a result of so many pilots bailing once the ADSC is up, which is right around the time they'd be pinning on major with the current timelines.  

I just heard a rumor that the next O-4 board in December will be a 100% promotion opportunity. The only people required to submit PRFs are those with DNPs or Ps w/ derogative information.  WTF is going on?

I just heard a rumor that the next O-4 board in December will be a 100% promotion opportunity. The only people required to submit PRFs are those with DNPs or Ps w/ derogative information.  WTF is going on?

I heard similar words recently from my J1.

1 hour ago, Duck said:

WTF is going on?

Management is in full-on panic mode.  It's not just pilots who are bailing left and right- anyone with a pulse and a shred of risk tolerance is fleeing this sinking ship as fast as they can.

How's your exit going Duck?  I think you've stated you were looking forward to being twice passed over (and then released from indentured servitude)... has that happened yet?  Would 100% promotion to 0-4 throw a wrench in those plans?  Sucks if that's the case.  Good luck to you.

Will this include APZers? That'd be nuts but it would suck for the dudes unlucky enough to commission in the wrong year.

1 minute ago, Karl Hungus said:

Management is in full-on panic mode.  It's not just pilots who are bailing left and right- anyone with a pulse and a shred of risk tolerance is fleeing this sinking ship as fast as they can.

How's your exit going Duck?  I think you've stated you were looking forward to being twice passed over (and then released from indentured servitude)... has that happened yet?  Would 100% promotion to 0-4 throw a wrench in those plans?  Sucks if that's the case.  Good luck to you.

Yeah, this totally throws a wrench in my plans. From what I know they didn't distinguish between APZ and IPZ in the memo passed around. I still submitted my letter, but am a little worried to say the least.

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

"Opportunity"

I could be wrong, but I think "100% Promotion Opportunity" is how we promote 1st Lieutenants and Captains. In other words, the board meets only to review the records of those who might not be "Fully Qualified"--meaning those who have received a DNP or have a UIF. When everyone meets the board, they're only promoting those who are "Best Qualified."

Bottom line, unless I'm wrong, this means that unless you receive a DNP or have a UIF (or some other unfavorable report), you won't even meet the board--you're promoted.

Edited by zmoney
Included (or some other unfavorable report) to my post