Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

8 hours ago, Snuggie said:

'08 guy, found out I was passed over yesterday. No UIF or other bad paperwork but a mediocre record (no strats/awards). I wasn't surprised but I had hoped the AF's stated need for RPA pilots would push me over the line. 

Hopefully you'll find some solace making twice as much on the outside doing the same thing.. well, except not working as hard :D

(RPA buddy of mine got passed over for O5, is out now, couldn't be happier, and makes substantially more than his O4 pay)

4 minutes ago, Duck said:

Lord Ratner PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I'll reply here for the community knowledge. 

K11M3F, KC-135 IP. Passed over x2, involuntary separation. I want to confirm the whole no-continuation thing after the LtCol board snafu. Doubtless it was my active UIF that resulted in non-continuation (if true), though I was still surprised, since the PDSM for continuation only mentioned pending court-martial actions as deal-breakers, and I heard in the news the AF is short of pilots.

I'm not 100% on how the invol sep pay works, but I think it's 100% base pay, which'll be about $73k. So that will obviously be immensely helpful. I also need to figure out if requesting an earlier involuntary separation date forfeits the severance pay.

Feel free to throw any questions my way

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Snuggie said:

'08 guy, found out I was passed over yesterday. No UIF or other bad paperwork but a mediocre record (no strats/awards). I wasn't surprised but I had hoped the AF's stated need for RPA pilots would push me over the line. 

This goes back to the Air Force showing us what it really values, while continuing to tell us that they are trying to fix the problem.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bennynova said:

I don't know what you guys are all worried about

AFPC has got a handful of Operations Analysts working on the problem.  Thats what they went to college for.  we are in GOOD hands!    this will be remedied shortly

Insert Indiana Jones "Top Men" meme here...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bennynova said:

I don't know what you guys are all worried about

AFPC has got a handful of Operations Analysts working on the problem.  Thats what they went to college for.  we are in GOOD hands!    this will be remedied shortly

Where's Chang when we need him?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Seriously said:

I can't see the policy change for school selection not blowing up in the Air Force's face. It's just too big of a change in the rules of the game to implement so hastily, and only causes more uncertainty...

I agree, they jumped too quick to correct a problem with out having the new rules of the game (I assume they are trying to figure it out now).  And at the very least communicate changes with an organized milestone plan allowing personnel to digest the changes.  

9 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

I'm not 100% on how the invol sep pay works, but I think it's 100% base pay, which'll be about $73k. So that will obviously be immensely helpful. I also need to figure out if requesting an earlier involuntary separation date forfeits the severance pay.

Feel free to throw any questions my way

Be careful with separation money, it can come back to bite if you go AGR (reserves or ANG) or ever get a retirement or VA money.

Edited by matmacwc

2 hours ago, budderbar said:

I agree, they jumped too quick to correct a problem with out having the new rules of the game (I assume they are trying to figure it out now).  And at the very least communicate changes with an organized milestone plan allowing personnel to digest the changes.  

Really?  Because being a Wg/CCE when you meets your majors board should set you up for life no matter how bad you eff things up after that?

As opposed to an IP who was busting his butt doing the JOB and teaching guys how to do the JOB, while probably being a flt/cc or shop chief. When both are in the same year group.

In the old paradigm the WG/CCE is bullet proof and the IP is now a second class citizen behind the power curve because no one was pushing him for anything past promotion to Major.  At least now more guys should have a shot...depending on how this gets managed.

2 hours ago, Magellan said:

Really?  Because being a Wg/CCE when you meets your majors board should set you up for life no matter how bad you eff things up after that?

As opposed to an IP who was busting his butt doing the JOB and teaching guys how to do the JOB, while probably being a flt/cc or shop chief. When both are in the same year group.

In the old paradigm the WG/CCE is bullet proof and the IP is now a second class citizen behind the power curve because no one was pushing him for anything past promotion to Major.  At least now more guys should have a shot...depending on how this gets managed.

You assume the new selection process will eliminate the described scenario. However they haven't laid out what the new process will look like, I think it will end up being the same. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure where the confusion is.... seems pretty self explanatory regarding the new system.

Cons:  

- more people may be wasting their time doing ACSC in res because they don't know where they stand

Pros:  

- promotion list is celebrated by everyone equally. 

- senior eater gets to push who they want for board, knowing family issues, important job efforts/timing, pcs timing, whether member desires to go, etc

- same number of slots will be available, they will just be given out at same board

- perhaps ACSC can cut down on school turndowns at last second...been an issue in the past

Ultimately besides wasting time with in res ACSC, I don't see a prob

8 hours ago, bennynova said:

I'm not sure where the confusion is.... seems pretty self explanatory regarding the new system.

Cons:  

- more people may be wasting their time doing ACSC in res because they don't know where they stand

Pros:  

- promotion list is celebrated by everyone equally. 

- senior eater gets to push who they want for board, knowing family issues, important job efforts/timing, pcs timing, whether member desires to go, etc

- same number of slots will be available, they will just be given out at same board

- perhaps ACSC can cut down on school turndowns at last second...been an issue in the past

Ultimately besides wasting time with in res ACSC, I don't see a prob

To me, it sounds pretty similar, you just have to wait a few more years to find out if you're going to go. Senior raters have always played a huge role in selecting who goes to school.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowser36 said:

To me, it sounds pretty similar, you just have to wait a few more years to find out if you're going to go. Senior raters have always played a huge role in selecting who goes to school.

Perhaps for candidates. For selects they really only have controlled when the select attends. 

I was not a school select off my board, but I am not a fan of the change.  The AF is notoriously bad when it comes to giving feedback.  SEL status is one of the few ways in which the AF did a half-decent job of managing expectations.  If you got it, you're going to school.  If you didn't, you're going to have to bust out your kneepads if you want to go.   Under the new system, everybody is going to need their kneepads.

5 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

I was not a school select off my board, but I am not a fan of the change.  The AF is notoriously bad when it comes to giving feedback.  SEL status is one of the few ways in which the AF did a half-decent job of managing expectations.  If you got it, you're going to school.  If you didn't, you're going to have to bust out your kneepads if you want to go.   Under the new system, everybody is going to need their kneepads.

Ultimately, this change being good or bad will now rest at the wing level. There will be commander's who do great things with it, and there will be those who royally screw it up. At least with a board, it was the sum input of all of your raters up to that point. Heaven help you if you aren't the anointed one by your current leadership.

• Upvote 2

Letter to the IPZ board requesting to be passed over OPS CHECKS GOOD!

Passed over with a requested P from my WG/CC. (Originally #3 push w/DP before meeting)

Some of my strats to give hope that others can escape:

2 DGs
#1 Sq CGO Strats (multiple)
#2 and 3 Gp CGO Strats
#1 Aircraft Commander Strat (Sq)
#1 and 2 IP Strats (Sq)
WIC/Phoenix Push on OPR
CCE (Sq)
ADO (Sq)
Chief (Sq)
Flt/CC

I used to care about the game, but all the above is worthless to me so I truly hope it doesn't come across as bragging.

Was a little worried that my record would push me into the top 93.5% but luckily I found myself in the bottom.

Thanks to all the senior guys on here who passed advice along the way.

• Upvote 3

Pilots butchered at my wing, 78% promotion rate.  Many IPs/ FLT/CCs with no negative records.  I'm curious to see the board stats but this is UFB.

If you don't mind sharing, what wing? Or at least what MWS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ihtfp06 said:

Congrats! Seriously though, Capt ADO? That's like tits on a bull.

All the FGO's got out home slice. Who else is going to be the CC and DO's "tasker slave?"

• Upvote 1

Congrats! Seriously though, Capt ADO? That's like tits on a bull.

047aa57f2690fd50100a0893f8c5c009.jpg

I think it had more to do with running out of people to fill the slot (sts).

• Upvote 3