Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

4 hours ago, Runr6730 said:

From a myPers FAQ sent to our OG today regarding the recent DE selection changes:

Question:  What is the expectation for when officers should complete IDE or SDE by distance learning?

Answer:  Officers should consult with their commander, SR, or mentor on the timing of completing DE.  Additionally, they should seek feedback on their competitiveness to receive a SR nomination to attend in residence. If advised to complete DE via distance learning, then officers should complete it at a time when it is best for them but IDE should be completed before the primary promotion board to LTC and SDE should be completed before the primary promotion board to COL.

I like the fact that we're getting rid of school selects during promotion boards, but it sounds like practice bleeding is back with a vengeance!  2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I was told yesterday to get it done via correspondence (08 guy). "It can't hurt and until we know more, just get it done"

I was told yesterday to get it done via correspondence (08 guy). "It can't hurt and until we know more, just get it done"

I see you made it, congrats. I haven't heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tkc10chief said:

I'm sorry but that is such fcking bull shit. 

What a complete and idiotic waste of time and I won't do it. But then again I'm not on the "path" to greatness 

• Upvote 1

What a complete and idiotic waste of time and I won't do it. But then again I'm not on the "path" to greatness 

This is my exact sentiment, and I've told me Sq/CC as much. I told him point blank that I don't care about school, or anything beyond flying and hacking the mission. Thankfully, he's actually a good leader and supports dudes who don't care about wasting time simply for the sake of wasting time, but also told me not to be surprised if I never promote above Maj. Fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hispeed7721 said:

This is my exact sentiment, and I've told me Sq/CC as much. I told him point blank that I don't care about school, or anything beyond flying and hacking the mission. Thankfully, he's actually a good leader and supports dudes who don't care about wasting time simply for the sake of wasting time, but also told me not to be surprised if I never promote above Maj. Fine by me.

The problem with that though is one of you will PCS in less than two years and your next boss may not share his sentiments.  Food for thought.

FWIW, ACSC BVR is not hard.  It does take some time, though.  You can min-run and be done in about 5-6 months.  Like it or not, not completing it will be tantamount to burning a bridge.

Edited by Champ Kind
  • Upvote 1

The problem with that though is one of you will PCS in less than two years and your next boss may not share his sentiments.  Food for thought.

FWIW, ACSC BVR is not hard.  It does take some time, though.  You can min-run and be done in about 5-6 months.  Like it or not, not completing it will be tantamount to burning a bridge.

Take heed of this guys. I'm serious. I've seen guys who have said "all I care about is flying, so I'm not gonna finish" surprisingly they ended up not flying for about 8-9 months on a deployment while the ACSC finishers stayed home and flew.

39 minutes ago, Duck said:

Take heed of this guys. I'm serious. I've seen guys who have said "all I care about is flying, so I'm not gonna finish" surprisingly they ended up not flying for about 8-9 months on a deployment while the ACSC finishers stayed home and flew.

And that's why I'm hitting the door the day after my commitment is up. 

Fck that idiocy. The Air Force just can't Stop doing stupid shit

its not like we're fighting a fcking two AOR war right now or anything

Edited by BashiChuni

And that's why I'm hitting the door the day after my commitment is up. 
Fck that idiocy. The Air Force just can't Stop doing stupid shit
its not like we're fighting a fcking two AOR war right now or anything

My advice is enroll as soon as they let you. That way you can say you started it. Had a buddy do that and it protected him from several bad deals since it made him look like a "team player". He never even finished the first module. Winning...

• Upvote 1

Something about doing the right thing and integrity isn't what big blue feeds us?

i say the right thing is to say fck that idiotic waste of time. 

I know I know PYB and all that nonsense. But god damnit I'm fcking sick of it. 

I don't know why but this fires me up haha. 

Edited by BashiChuni

My advice is enroll as soon as they let you. That way you can say you started it. Had a buddy do that and it protected him from several bad deals since it made him look like a "team player". He never even finished the first module. Winning...

This. Unless you're looking to be a martyr, the best answer is the one where they think you're doing what they want, while you do what you want instead

Sent from my Vitamix 450x Professional using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

Something about doing the right thing and integrity isn't what big blue feeds us?

Why do you think I told my leadership I wanted to be passed over on my first board? Sure there were other reasons, but it was the best way I knew to tell everyone that I didn't want to be apart of it anymore.

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

Pick the battles that are big enough to matter, but small enough to win....

• Upvote 3

If you haven't been picked up after your second look your SR owes you a no-kidding outlook on if you'll be pushed your third look. If you're #3/5 for your third look you should probably sign up for DL and finish it before your O-5 board.

Practice bleeding for SOS ended because of the dedication to sending 100% in-res. That's just not feasible for ACSC which is basically a Masters program. 

Edited by Homestar

This. Unless you're looking to be a martyr, the best answer is the one where they think you're doing what they want, while you do what you want instead

I think that's what they call dynamic followership. AFPC sent some shit to my email about it not that long ago...didn't read it, but I think that was it.

Leadership -> getting people to think what they want is what you want.

Followership -> getting people to think what they want is what you want.

Makes sense,
Bendy

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bender said:

AFPC sent some shit to my email about it not that long ago...didn't read it, but I think that was it.

If you need a rule to auto-sort these to deleted items so you don't even see them, let me know.

• Upvote 3

'08 guy here.  I just found out from my Sq/CC that I made it.

Funny thing...I wasn't nearly as excited to get this news as I was when the Reserves told me last month that I got picked up for UPT...

Or when my DOS was approved 48 hours after that...

• Upvote 5

If you need a rule to auto-sort these to deleted items so you don't even see them, let me know.

I gain satisfaction both from clearing my inbox and from deleting emails from particular sources...doesn't seem like something to automate personally.

Thanks though,
Bendy

• Upvote 1

'08 guy, found out I was passed over yesterday. No UIF or other bad paperwork but a mediocre record (no strats/awards). I wasn't surprised but I had hoped the AF's stated need for RPA pilots would push me over the line. 

7 hours ago, Snuggie said:

'08 guy, found out I was passed over yesterday. No UIF or other bad paperwork but a mediocre record (no strats/awards). I wasn't surprised but I had hoped the AF's stated need for RPA pilots would push me over the line. 

I bet the nonner CGOC volunteer got promoted though, while you guys who put munitions on the bad guys continue to get the shaft, sorry to hear man.