Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

5 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

Aaaaaaaaaand......'08 board release pushed back again.  From the bomber functional at AFPC, expect it out "by the end of the month". 

Confirmed by another functional. 

Edit: 18 July expected release date (allegedly)

Edited by Truman08

If any 09 guys are looking for a push line for there PRF.

#1 choice for Delta or SWA! Name is a proven cmbt pilot and exceptional ldr; DNP, offer CJO & make FO this board!

Edit: UAL or AA or anyone else as you see fit to fill the white space.

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 11

On 8/11/2006 at 5:31 PM, Guest e3racing said:

Is there any pilots here that did not get a DP, but just a "p" on their PRF and still made major? Just curious at what this rate is roughly. Im in a platform where im going to compete with backend people for a DP and curious of what my chance of making major are if i only get a "p"

Thanks

[ 01. September 2006, 19:29: Message edited by: Toro ]

WSO, but I was the #1 "P" and I made it.

Dammit, responding eleven years later. That's what I get for using my phone instead of a computer.

Edited by pawnman
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, pawnman said:

WSO, but I was the #1 "P" and I made it.

Dammit, responding eleven years later. That's what I get for using my phone instead of a computer.

e3racing sends his thanks from 35,000 feet on the Newark to Atlanta leg!

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2006 at 1:31 AM, Guest e3racing said:

Is there any pilots here that did not get a DP, but just a "p" on their PRF and still made major? Just curious at what this rate is roughly. Im in a platform where im going to compete with backend people for a DP and curious of what my chance of making major are if i only get a "p"

Thanks

[ 01. September 2006, 19:29: Message edited by: Toro ]

Out of 5 IPZ in my Sq and YG, only 2 DPs but all got Promoted.

When do you guys think that the Wing Commanders will get the promotion results? Today?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Duck, you just can't wait to turn down continuation, can you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duck, you just can't wait to turn down continuation, can you?

I feel like I am winning the lottery brother. I can't wait to get out of here.

I feel like I am winning the lottery brother. I can't wait to get out of here.

The only thing that could make it sweeter is if A1/AFPC goes full retard with regards to pilot manning and doesn't offer continuation, then you get some nice involuntary sep pay as you sprint out the door.

The only thing that could make it sweeter is if A1/AFPC goes full retard with regards to pilot manning and doesn't offer continuation, then you get some nice involuntary sep pay as you sprint out the door.

At this point I am willing to pay the AF.

• Upvote 5

https://www.jqpublicblog.com/air-force-eliminates-school-selection-o-4-promotion-boards/

While I am absolutely confident this is the right decision, I am equally confident a good portion of our officer corps will be skeptical. Given all the turmoil and instability of the past several years, trust in senior leadership on these issues is not high.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Craftsman said:

https://www.jqpublicblog.com/air-force-eliminates-school-selection-o-4-promotion-boards/

While I am absolutely confident this is the right decision, I am equally confident a good portion of our officer corps will be skeptical. Given all the turmoil and instability of the past several years, trust in senior leadership on these issues is not high.

Well, as we all know, step #1 is recognizing you have a problem. 

This will be interesting to see play out. Prior to this the O-4 board has represented a giant off-ramp with limited opportunities to regain professional traction. Hopefully this changes things. But, as General Goldfein notes, I am skeptical the Air Force can pull it off. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Craftsman said:

If any 09 guys are looking for a push line for there PRF.

#1 choice for Delta or SWA! Name is a proven cmbt pilot and exceptional ldr; DNP, offer CJO & make FO this board!

Edit: UAL or AA or anyone else as you see fit to fill the white space.

I'm 09 and am starting to write my PRF today: over under on my CCs reaction when he sees that push line? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Well, as we all know, step #1 is recognizing you have a problem. 

This will be interesting to see play out. Prior to this the O-4 board has represented a giant off-ramp with limited opportunities to regain professional traction. Hopefully this changes things. But, as General Goldfein notes, I am skeptical the Air Force can pull it off. 

This essentially gives Wing Commanders more control over who goes or is at least pushed for school and potentially more slots since those that were awarded off the board are now absorbed by the 3849 process. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. But definitely skeptical as to how the numbers pan out across the career fields and Wings. 

Edited by tkc10chief

1 hour ago, tkc10chief said:

This essentially gives Wing Commanders more control over who goes or is at least pushed for school and potentially more slots since those that were awarded off the board are now absorbed by the 3849 process. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. But definitely skeptical as to how the numbers pan out across the career fields and Wings. 

If the Air Force is smart about this new process, who are we kidding they will screw this up also, they will give each wing x number of slots that the wing king and use to fill. Then the rest the AF does some mind blowing process to fill the rest. 

8 minutes ago, cragspider said:

If the Air Force is smart about this new process, who are we kidding they will screw this up also, they will give each wing x number of slots that the wing king and use to fill. Then the rest the AF does some mind blowing process to fill the rest. 

What they fail to mention is that all Majors from now on will do 100% ACSC by correspondence! (Except those that wait and hold out for in res). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Craftsman said:

This.  Sorta destroys the whole argument that "the AF gets it's promotions and leaders right most of the time!!!" you'd hear from the Liquids et al on this board.  In Liquid's defense, he must be really busy giving out his no-notice ground evals to all the pilots talking about the airlines at work... maybe that's why he doesn't participate here anymore.  That's gotta be a full-time job.  

4 minutes ago, tkc10chief said:

What they fail to mention is that all Majors from now on will do 100% ACSC by correspondence! (Except those that wait and hold out for in res). 

You won't go in-res if you don't complete ACSC via correspondence first.  We're back to the practice bleeding days.