Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

People at AFPC certainly have the list.   I'd guess the list will be available on AFProms on the 11th and release date will be around the 24 or 25 July.  

With that, some CCs will tel their folks by Friday the 21st.  Others will wait up til the 25th.    It is what it is 

no one at base or wing level has the list yet

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

Promotion opportunity for O-4 has always been nearly a given. Are you talking about IDE select status?

It will be interesting to see the AFSC's that make up the list of IDE selects this board. 

2 hours ago, tkc10chief said:

It will be interesting to see the AFSC's that make up the list of IDE selects this board. 

I don't expect much change.  The AF thinks that nonners need professional development and vectors toward a "fast track", too.  

3 hours ago, tkc10chief said:

No more schools selects on O-4 boards, everyone competes separately. Getting that approved is  what's taking so long for release.

No more schools selects on O-4 boards, everyone competes separately. Getting that approved is  what's taking so long for release.

Confirm for the '08 guys? Not what I've heard. My understanding it was the next board ('09 YG).

Disclaimer: no real vested interest as it isn't my YG.

16 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Confirm for the '08 guys? Not what I've heard. My understanding it was the next board ('09 YG).

Disclaimer: no real vested interest as it isn't my YG.

Ya, the board had school selects bit that's all being stripped and everyone is competing separately again.

1 hour ago, LookieRookie said:

Ya, the board had school selects bit that's all being stripped and everyone is competing separately again.

So the candidate/select ratio would change for next years 3849s?  Seems like this group is gonna be at a disadvantage for their first and second looks until all the prior selects are filtered out.   Why move the goal posts in the middle of the process?  Hope people are thinking about this shit and it's not a shoot first aim later.

About time they stop anointing people as captains, but why have there been no comms about this if the rumor is true?

9 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

So the candidate/select ratio would change for next years 3849s?  Seems like this group is gonna be at a disadvantage for their first and second looks until all the prior selects are filtered out.   Why move the goal posts in the middle of the process?  Hope people are thinking about this shit and it's not a shoot first aim later.

About time they stop anointing people as captains, but why have there been no comms about this if the rumor is true?

I wonder what this means for IDE by correspondence. 

4 minutes ago, tkc10chief said:

I wonder what this means for IDE by correspondence. 

I bet you're you're gonna have to do it in correspondence before you can go in residence....didn't they fix this already? Lol

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

About time they stop anointing people as lieutenants, but why have there been no comms about this if the rumor is true?

FIFY, it would be a good step, but agreed transparency needs an overhaul.

Does the OPBs for the O5 PRF state how a person completed IDE?

Or does it just states complete similar to how SOS does not state correspondence or in residence?

Edited by Guest

FIFY, it would be a good step, but agreed transparency needs an overhaul.

Does the OPBs for the O5 PRF state how a person completed IDE?
Or does it just states complete similar to how SOS does not state correspondence or in residence?

It just says "complete." But since you get a TR from it and it shows as a year in your duty history on the OPB it is moot.
  • Upvote 2

Is it correct to assume that the ROPMA board that convened from 24-28 Apr 17 would release its results on the same day as the AD boards? Last year's ROPMA board met with very similar dates and released 6 Jul 16. The dates in vPC for SAF and SECDEF approval are still blank so not sure what's going on...

BL: anyone heard any specific gouge for that board on the ARC side?

Source?

If this is true, it is a major change to the "rules of the game". Worse, the fact that it occurred in the middle of a promotion cycle indicates a lack of transparency with senior raters--I know, shocker. Promotion stratifications are awarded with likelihood of IDE selection in mind based on strength of record. I'm not saying that the #1-3 guys out of the wing wouldn't have had that strat on their PRF had this been the policy going in, but it absolutely would have affected the conversation that occurred in the Nov-Jan timeframe when these PRFs were being written.

Senior raters have been read in for a while.

Maybe on the possibility of the change, but I'm fairly confident not read in that it would happen this board, and particularly not in the middle of the cycle.

19 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Not according to the feedback I was given by my SR. I was told school selects would still come directly off of the board. 

2 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Source?

If this is true, it is a major change to the "rules of the game". Worse, the fact that it occurred in the middle of a promotion cycle indicates a lack of transparency with senior raters--I know, shocker. Promotion stratifications are awarded with likelihood of IDE selection in mind based on strength of record. I'm not saying that the #1-3 guys out of the wing wouldn't have had that strat on their PRF had this been the policy going in, but it absolutely would have affected the conversation that occurred in the Nov-Jan timeframe when these PRFs were being written.

Someone very much involved in that area of A1. Sorry can't name names. It's something closely held.

I could be wrong and then I'll shack myself.

2 hours ago, Duck said:

So the only thing we know for sure is that nobody knows what's going on. Standard AF. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Can we safely say that there is a high probability of finding out tomorrow or the next day? Or will AFPC try to surprise us with yet another standard delay. 

3 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Someone very much involved in that area of A1. Sorry can't name names. It's something closely held.

I could be wrong and then I'll shack myself.

Not throwing this spear at you....but why the damn secrecy???  Leave it to the AF to make a major change and find the shadiest, most opaque way possible to do it.  "We're going to make a major change to the way we do promotions....and not tell any of you about it". 

• Upvote 1

Not throwing this spear at you....but why the damn secrecy???  Leave it to the AF to make a major change and find the shadiest, most opaque way possible to do it.  "We're going to make a major change to the way we do promotions....and not tell any of you about it". 

Because pilots don't make good organizational leaders

Sent from my Vitamix 450x Professional using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2017 at 7:57 PM, LookieRookie said:

I heard this same rumor a couple weeks ago from a fellow 08er.  He's pretty well connected and generally has good gouge.  He also mentioned that they may keep the "selects" they have chosen but just wait to release them until they start the usual 3849 process.  It's just a matter of changing perceptions regarding the "haves and have-nots" when the O-4 results are (finally) released.