Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

If it's any consolation to Reaper guys not making the cut for that second look, there are much better opportunities on the outside right now.

Valid, but if you want to stay in for the check of the month club, it's nice to make O-5 pay leading up to and during retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is today the day for the O-4 promotion results and after what time are notifications typically allowed? 

I have heard no words and mypers hasn't been updated since end of June. Anyone else gotten any intel?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Duck said:

I have heard no words and mypers hasn't been updated since end of June. Anyone else gotten any intel?

Duck,

I could have swarn that I saw it updated at the end of the month to say early to mid Jul, which we all know that just means some time later but expect it to shift again.  But I'm off now and my gaf factor is about pegged with this now since they have been dragging their lovely feet on getting this out to us. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, cragspider said:

Duck,

I could have swarn that I saw it updated at the end of the month to say early to mid Jul, which we all know that just means some time later but expect it to shift again.  But I'm off now and my gaf factor is about pegged with this now since they have been dragging their lovely feet on getting this out to us. 

Aren't the next wave of PRF's due soon? Not at work or I'd look up the timeline on mypers. Which would mean AFPC needs to hurry (assuming they have it by now) so commanders know who needs a PRF written. 

Aren't the next wave of PRF's due soon? Not at work or I'd look up the timeline on mypers. Which would mean AFPC needs to hurry (assuming they have it by now) so commanders know who needs a PRF written. 

No. Pretty sure next year's boards slipped right.

57 minutes ago, tkc10chief said:

Yes they are. Due soon to the wings iirc. Which will make for sure interesting quick turns on guys who will sadly probably be passed over again since there hasn't been any time to fix anything that could help make them stronger. 

After this board in dec the next one will be in a year. Don't know why they delayed the 05 board a year only to speed up the following 4 year group boards. They did delay the 04 Lt Col boards though. 

1 hour ago, daynightindicator said:

Our functional told us the '08 Maj board results will release at 0900 CDT on 11 July.

I don't know if that's the public release or not. That was the only info.

Got the same from the bomber functional. 

13 hours ago, cragspider said:

Yes they are. Due soon to the wings iirc. Which will make for sure interesting quick turns on guys who will sadly probably be passed over again since there hasn't been any time to fix anything that could help make them stronger. 

After this board in dec the next one will be in a year. Don't know why they delayed the 05 board a year only to speed up the following 4 year group boards. They did delay the 04 Lt Col boards though. 

Same reason AFPC dropped one fighter per class, couldn't figure out B-course slots and 5 years later we have a fighter pilot shortage : gross incompetence 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, cragspider said:

Could it be they delayed the boards due to the long timelines from notification to pin-on, but now O-4s are bailing out as fast as they can and USAF needs to replace them?

If Tuesday is true, the Wings should get the lists tomorrow right? The old Wing Exec said he thought it was typically the Friday before Public Release.

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chances of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

Edit: attempt at posting pic of the Bobs fail

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Duck said:

If Tuesday is true, the Wings should get the lists tomorrow right? The old Wing Exec said he thought it was typically the Friday before Public Release.

If the Public Release is "Tuesday", doesn't leadership typically notify the members early for that surprise effect. If not, people would just find out by hitting up MyPers for the list when it's released to the general public. 

Edited by tkc10chief

If the Public Release is "Tuesday", doesn't leadership typically notify the members early for that surprise effect. If not, people would just find out by hitting up MyPers for the list when it's released to the general public. 

Yeah. Our wing does the day before public release. Some other wings will notify the Friday before.

Most SRs have the list 7-10 days before the public release. It takes time to make (or up) the non-select notifications.

So does that mean Tuesday July 11 isn't happening? AFPC has been lost comm since 30 June.

So does that mean Tuesday July 11 isn't happening? AFPC has been lost comm since 30 June.

Are you surprised? I'm not. Not like this is a prime group to have a positive influence on as we are closing in on our 10 year commitments. Might be a good idea to at least show us they can make SOMETHING happen on time.

• Upvote 1