Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Just jumping into the conversation as I'm also a recent passed-over in my 1APZ board (but still waiting on the selective continuation result).  I think the two pilots are still eligible for TERA, right?  Though the Air Force doesn't want to "offer" TERA, they are still "authorized" by Congress for TERA through December 2018.  Though I'm no lawyer, I am pretty good at research.  Here's a link to Code 632 of Title 10: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/632

Take a look under paragraph (2) under section (a): "if he is eligible for retirement under any provision of law, be retired under that law on the date requested by him and approved by the Secretary concerned, which date shall be not later than the first day of the seventh calendar month beginning after the month in which the President approves the report of the board which considered him for the second time;"

A person being separated passed the 15 year point is eligible for retirement under TERA.  From what I've heard from another member, though the AF doesn't want to "offer" TERA, they cannot deny it to folks being denied continuation (if they are going to be separated after the 15 year point). 

11 hours ago, Ram said:

I found out. I'm am in-res IDE grad, so not a big surprise.

(That's not endorsement from me of the use of school in res as a discriminator...I'm just stating fact.)

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Congrats to you and those who made it! 5.4% was a better year for APZ's ... 'cept us folks in the field. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Duck said:

I didn't think that commanders could ask for their people not to be continued. Is that a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Could be similar to commanders being required to allow enlisted to re-enlist.  Giving local commanders more control/say over personnel issues is usually a good thing...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Meanwhile....for the second year in a row Ops folks with P's and Super P's got hammered. 

All the talk from from the last two CSAF's about mission focus and "we need you"...again empty words.  How many mixed messages can they send?

Sadly, the AF deserves what it is about to get.

Single data point...  but I made it as an 11F with a Super P having never served above the wing level.  

24 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

See other posts to this effect...but the two guys I know were just given the wrong letter. Continued after all. Supposedly. When they finally get the "correct" letter.

Makes sense.    Some Wing DP needs to be more careful

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steve C said:

Single data point...  but I made it as an 11F with a Super P having never served above the wing level.  

Same here. Ps were 50/50 at my base. I made the list with a Super P.  So strange this system.

The question of if continuation was offered to all pilots is what I want to know.

Edit to add: 11M here.

Edited by Homestar

Okay let's clarify. What I know to be a super p is 1,2,3/xx p's or a stratified p in other words.

Or is a super p a p with a def promote push. Because unless you are a shitbag you shouldn't expect anything less on your PRF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11M made it IPZ with a P from the AETC student MLR. ACSC by correspondence. Avoided staff assignment by getting my PHD in applied physics, currently teaching. I missing flying, but not interested in returning for a monthly 1/1/1 local followed by 50-60 hr weeks of meetings and PowerPoint.

What is a super P?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

• Downvote 1

They put in a recommendation for continuation. It's in the regs posted to myPers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They can also initiate a process to deny continuation immediately after it's been offered. Not sure how often that's been exercised in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm chilling out in a NATO black hole, but I got a phone call saying I didn't O-5.  No information on continuation offered or available when I asked.  Am I supposed to get a letter offering or denying continuation?

34 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

I'm chilling out in a NATO black hole, but I got a phone call saying I didn't O-5.  No information on continuation offered or available when I asked.  Am I supposed to get a letter offering or denying continuation?

Yes, you should get a letter, assuming this was your 1APZ board.