Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

PRF Stratification Question...this is for a Lt Col BPZ board.  Is a #1 of a smaller denominator better than a #3 or #4 of a larger denominator?  Also, does an FGO strat carry more weight than a CGO strat with a very large denominator?  Below are a few examples....which are stronger?

#1/60 Majors or #4/118 Majors

#1/32 O-4s or  #3/216 CGOs

#4/118 Majs or #5/340 O-4s

10 hours ago, AFmedic said:

PRF Stratification Question...this is for a Lt Col BPZ board.  Is a #1 of a smaller denominator better than a #3 or #4 of a larger denominator?  Also, does an FGO strat carry more weight than a CGO strat with a very large denominator?  Below are a few examples....which are stronger?

#1/60 Majors or #4/118 Majors

#1/32 O-4s or  #3/216 CGOs

#4/118 Majs or #5/340 O-4s

1/60 is a tad better than #4/118, but both are good

1/32 majors is way better than a cgo strat

5/340 majors is better than 4/118 majors

if your prf was full of great cgo strays and no majors strats, then you are in trouble.   Major and fgo strats are a weighted heavily.  

Just to be clear...someone would not be up for either #1/32 Majors or #3/216 CGOs, right?

Majors are field grade officers and thus would be compared to other FGOs.

Likely a typo, or am I smokin' dope on this somehow?

Edited by nsplayr

29 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Just to be clear...someone would not be up for either #1/32 Majors or #3/216 CGOs, right?

I think he's just picking and choosing strats from his ROP. Nothing states that those 2 strats came from the same OPR and each can make it onto the PRF. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I read it.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I'm assuming he already has each of those strats on an OPR somewhere and he's building a PRF.

9 minutes ago, Herk Driver said:

If that's the case he should probably use all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Probably deciding which to put first on each line.   

Prfs are already in for LAF lt col board.... if he's talking about lt col to col.... then still same answer, but typically don't see too many cgo strats on one of those (that make it to col)

• Downvote 1

If you take the bonus, and are subsequently 2x passed over for LtCol, if you get out do you have to repay the bonus money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably deciding which to put first on each line.

Quite possible...

but typically don't see too many cgo strats on one of those (that make it to col)

I would agree but...

Ive seen quite a few that included every #1 or top 5%-ish strat in the record. When the first couple of lines are covered in those and they are all through the career and continuing higher level strats then most people get the picture trying to be painted. I would add that there has to be more including continued top tier job performance throughout that shows that the guy didn't quit along the way.

Every ROP is different and every PRF has to tell that story.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

1 hour ago, ihtfp06 said:

If you take the bonus, and are subsequently 2x passed over for LtCol, if you get out do you have to repay the bonus money?

You pay back any "unearned" portion. So, if you get your bonus in August and separate in September you have to pay back 11/12ths of your bonus check. Ideally you would separate just before your bonus pays to avoid the hassle. 

18 hours ago, bennynova said:

1/60 is a tad better than #4/118, but both are good

1/32 majors is way better than a cgo strat

5/340 majors is better than 4/118 majors

if your prf was full of great cgo strays and no majors strats, then you are in trouble.   Major and fgo strats are a weighted heavily.  

Thanks for the feedback on this and you actually answered my biggest question.  I came into my career field from another branch of service so going into my Lt Col BPZ board, I have great Maj strats as follows...#1/60 Majs, #1/32 O-4s, #5/340 Wg O-4s, and #1/343 Wg O-4s on my push line.  I'm competing with folks who have a stronger CGO record, but not as strong FGO wise.  An example is #1/25 CGOs, #1/30 CGOs, #1/28 CGOs, #4/46 Majs. 

1 hour ago, AFmedic said:

Thanks for the feedback on this and you actually answered my biggest question.  I came into my career field from another branch of service so going into my Lt Col BPZ board, I have great Maj strats as follows...#1/60 Majs, #1/32 O-4s, #5/340 Wg O-4s, and #1/343 Wg O-4s on my push line.  I'm competing with folks who have a stronger CGO record, but not as strong FGO wise.  An example is #1/25 CGOs, #1/30 CGOs, #1/28 CGOs, #4/46 Majs. 

Build a thousand bridges...

• Upvote 1

I have never once thought about someone coming in from another service and how their PRF might look.   

Very interesting

You have a lot of major strats, so I'm assuming you are asking for an 0-5 to 0-6 section board?   If you are asking about a major to lt col board, then you are a shoe in for LT col btz.   

Edited by bennynova

Well I don't want to get your hopes up too much.  The board may look through your records more closely and depending on how the navy does business, it may make a difference in how they score your records....   

but id say you have a great shot btz, and def an easy shot in the zone if it comes to that

10 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

I didn't think you got passed over, then why do you ask?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFmedic said:

Yes Sir.  I am a Maj going up for Lt Col (1-BPZ).  Thank you for the feedback and vote of confidence.  Feeling good following your comments...and I'm assuming you're a line guy so even better.  Thank you again! 

Go buy a lottery ticket, your chances are about the same.  If no O-6 or 0-7 have told you the rank is coming, then chances are slim to none.

• Upvote 1