Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Ho Lee, I don't know the exact breakout of the zones but what I was told was the he was only given one DP for his IPZs (exclusive of any he may have gotten at the MLR), which is what threw me off the most.  I don't know if he was even able to get another DP at the MLR for his "#2" IPZ but yes, I do agree the strat was a little nebulous, which is where my confusion comes from.  My guess is he had very few IPZs and a good chunk of BPZs/APZs if he was only given one IPZ DP to begin with.  Anyways, I appreciate the inputs.

1 hour ago, Ho Lee Fuk said:

Side note, Karl H, when do you separate?  When do you move on to the land of ice cream and blow jobs and leave us idiots and lobotomized Kool-aid drinkers behind?  Is it soon?  Please?  After literally years of being the downer on every post you make, you'd figure your DOS should be coming up any day.  Why are you here?  If you hate active duty so much, why don't you just move on?  Why the constant barrage of snide comments and negativity?   Why aren't you posting over in the guard/res section or the airline forums about how amazing your life has become once you decided to leave the misery of active duty behind you?  

How dare I point out the ridiculousness of our promotion system!  

Interesting that you feel it's an either/or- get in line and play these silly games, or "move on to the land of ice cream and blow jobs".  

FWIW, I really like my job on AD.  I work hard and have put myself in a position to have lots of options going forward.  Unfortunately, the things I like to point out as problems with AD- how we promote, work/life balance (or lack thereof), inane political correctness, toxic management, etc- are making my remaining on AD past my current assignment extremely unlikely.  I'm here because this is one of the few avenues where our senior management interacts with the masses.  Sometimes they need to be reminded that the emperor doesn't always appear to be wearing clothes.  And I'll continue to be here in the future, regardless of if I'm on AD, ice cream and blow jobs or not.    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have the perfect solution to your problem: why don't you get on your SRs schedule and actually ask him? You're #3 of 36, he obviously knows you. Should be relatively easy to solve this brain teaser...  GOs are not robots, and the good ones actually enjoy talking to their airman - and mentoring them. 

• Upvote 5

LJ, ask the SR what...if I am right not to get excited about the PRF bottom line?  I'm not going to waste time doing that.  However, if I'm going to get on the SR's schedule to chat about my PRF, it's because I want to know what the weaknesses and strengths in my records were that led to my strat, not ask whether or not I think my PRF is something to get excited about.

So I know if you get passed over twice you can separate almost immediately but what about if you are offered promotion and turn it down?

26 minutes ago, Duck said:

So I know if you get passed over twice you can separate almost immediately but what about if you are offered promotion and turn it down?

As a pilot, you will get continued and will have to wait out your adsc with a smaller paycheck. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, xaarman said:

Asking for a friend of mine...

If you get DNP'd, do you still get IVSP?

The DNP affects promotion, not retention.  On your friend's second look, the Wing CC will indicate to the board whether or not he should be considered for retention.  I believe the magic words are "fully qualified" and "not fully qualified".

Declining a promotion is considered to be failed of selection, same effect as not making the promotion list. There is no continuation after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chida or Jaded... Which one is correct or both? Do you live out the rest of your ADSC or separated immediately after second board as if you were passed over twice?

My understanding is that twice passed over is not an automatic expulsion - I know of a twice passed over captain flying f-16s right now. I believe that the USAF had the option to offer you continuation or not. I am not smart enough on those pubs to provide a reference however. 

We just had a guy twice passes over 11F who was offered continuation. He denied it and is separating almost a year earlier than his UPT ADSC.

I am wondering if denying a promotion is treated the same or if they make you stay till the bitter end of your UPT ADSC.

Not that it matters, but for me I was happily serving until I was called in and told by my Commander that my career field and year group was overmanned back in 2014 and I should be prepared for the possibility of not having a job in the Air Force from the RIF. I took a long shot and applied for a job making around $200k a year and after almost a year and a half of interviews, was offered the gig. By this time the Air Force has decided that I am vital to the organization, finishes the VSP/RIF option in 1 year versus the 5 authorized by congress and subsequently denies my Palace Chase and Hardship Applications. Just a little background for those wondering why I have so much hatred for Big Blue. Anyone know of any other options I have to free myself ?

• Upvote 1

Just to put a bad OPR in perspective  , it could be worse, came across this about North Korean officers.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4752874407001/expert-kim-jong-un-may-have-gone-too-far/?playlist_id=trending#sp=show-clips

Seems many top officers have met their demise of pissing off the top guy, one even executed by an anti-aircraft gun. Not much to look forward over there out of uniform.

I'm 1APZ and about to get passed over for O5 the second time. I'm expecting to be offered continuation. I'm considering declining it, understanding that I will not get involuntary sep pay.

My question is with regards to the GI Bill transfer ADSC and the bonus. I'll have about a year left on the GI bill ADSC and two years left on the bonus. Do I keep the GI bill benefits if I decline continuation before the ADSC is up? Will they recoup any of the bonus outside of prorated unearned portions?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Waing

you will most likely be continued til 24 years if you like.   There is no way to decline it (if you have a adsc left and bonus signing of 2 years left)

I'd guess you have to serve those sentences out.... Then you can cut chalk when you want (with no benefits)

one ne you get out under your own accord, your GI schooling should still be usable

On February 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Duck said:

We just had a guy twice passes over 11F who was offered continuation. He denied it and is separating almost a year earlier than his UPT ADSC.

I am wondering if denying a promotion is treated the same or if they make you stay till the bitter end of your UPT ADSC.

Not that it matters, but for me I was happily serving until I was called in and told by my Commander that my career field and year group was overmanned back in 2014 and I should be prepared for the possibility of not having a job in the Air Force from the RIF. I took a long shot and applied for a job making around $200k a year and after almost a year and a half of interviews, was offered the gig. By this time the Air Force has decided that I am vital to the organization, finishes the VSP/RIF option in 1 year versus the 5 authorized by congress and subsequently denies my Palace Chase and Hardship Applications. Just a little background for those wondering why I have so much hatred for Big Blue. Anyone know of any other options I have to free myself ?

I'm confused, you liked your job but now your mad because you get to stay?

• Downvote 1