Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

My guess: Robinson or Rand as next CSAF, with odds slightly in Robinson's favor. But what does this have to with promotions or PRFs…? New "next CSAF" thread perhaps?

A non-pilot? Nope. Plus she's junior to all the other potentials. My money is on Selva.

Edited by Azimuth

Does anyone have the timeline info from when the 2004 Maj board convened to when the results were posted and pin on began?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be far different for this board due to the year long delay. 2004s are projected to finish pin on in May or June. So 2005 will hear results likely in March(ish) and pin-ons should begin in Jun/Jul. August at latest.

• 4 weeks later...

Board: Dec 12, first pin on: Jan 14.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last pin on: Not yet. That year group will be major selects for longer than they were second lieutenants.

I'm no math major, but 13 months from board to first pin-on ain't bad. Other year groups have had much longer waits between promotion selection and pin-on. Is your beef really that boards are happening later in folks' careers? If so, talk to dudes who met their O-4 boards back in the early 90s. You'll feel much better about your pin-on times/promotion opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThatGuy

Any word on whether that 95% promotion rate for the 2005 year group is true, false, or just plain bull? Why would rates be that high if it's true?

Any word on whether that 95% promotion rate for the 2005 year group is true, false, or just plain bull? Why would rates be that high if it's true?

It's more like a 90% promotion opportunity. So if there are 2200 Capts IPZ, there will be about 1980 promotions for the 2500+ or so I/APZ Capts...

Hopefully, they'll drop the DP rate to 50%...when its 75%, there are DPs who don't get promoted...and that sux.

It's more like a 90% promotion opportunity. So if there are 2200 Capts IPZ, there will be about 1980 promotions for the 2500+ or so I/APZ Capts...

Hopefully, they'll drop the DP rate to 50%...when its 75%, there are DPs who don't get promoted...and that sux.

The amount of DPs that don't get promoted is less than 0.5%. Most of the time when an individual isn't promoted with a DP, it is because a SR is trying to game the system to get that borderline person promoted.

post-6663-0-93600400-1418345319_thumb.pn

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

That's kinda my point...if 75% DPs are awarded, then 99% of the DPs get promoted, it means SRs are promoting their folks...not the board.

I think it'd be better if the DP rate was more like 50%, but the SR can award them I/A/BPZ as desired.

Exactly, that's the point.

You think it's a better, fairer, or more accurate system to have a board of mixed AFSCs sitting around a table at Randolph deciding a guy's fate based entirely on his paper record than it is for the guy's direct chain of command who knows, works, flys, and has interacted with him to decide? ...How on earth do you figure that?

For a Major's board ('12 as an example) with a ~90% promotion rate, you want the board to have to sift through 50% of the records (~1,280 records), just to turn around and promote 79% (~1,006) of them anyway? (It'd be even more if the promotion rate is 95%). What a waste of time. ...And if you think passed-over guys are bitter/butt-hurt now, imagine the mistakes and injustice that would come from giving more latitude to a board full of strangers using nonsense CGO OPR bullets to make promotion decisions.

High DP rates (and DNPs) are one of the few things I think is good about the system. Let Senior Raters be SENIOR RATERS.

The trend is for less DPs and more promotion board input

Exactly, that's the point.

You think it's a better, fairer, or more accurate system to have a board of mixed AFSCs sitting around a table at Randolph deciding a guy's fate based entirely on his paper record than it is for the guy's direct chain of command who knows, works, flys, and has interacted with him to decide? ...How on earth do you figure that?

For a Major's board ('12 as an example) with a ~90% promotion rate, you want the board to have to sift through 50% of the records (~1,280 records), just to turn around and promote 79% (~1,006) of them anyway? (It'd be even more if the promotion rate is 95%). What a waste of time. ...And if you think passed-over guys are bitter/butt-hurt now, imagine the mistakes and injustice that would come from giving more latitude to a board full of strangers using nonsense CGO OPR bullets to make promotion decisions.

High DP rates (and DNPs) are one of the few things I think is good about the system. Let Senior Raters be SENIOR RATERS.

#1: SRs lack authority to promote officers

#2: SRs can be really dumb, can and do bend the rules

#3: it's the fairest for all when IMPARTIAL folks evaluate your record

#4: SRs input to the process is the PRF