Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Sounds silly if they'd throw the '06 majors board only 4 months after the '05 board. The whole point of canceling the '05 board was to cut down the wait time between selection and pin on. A March board would throw the captains right back into 18-24 month pin on waits.

My hunch is that it's just a rumor and the '06 board will happen in Fall 2015. But the Air Force has done sillier things so who knows...

zb

Just ask your nearest '05 about the BS involved with doing RRFs and PRFs at the same time.

Same was true for '03ers... and probably a few '8X years when we did RIFs in the early-mid '90s.

Each of the DTs that met this summer were only allowed to submit one candidate for IDE. The rest of the reduced number of "seats" were for selects. The results of the DEDB, which assigns the school selects (and one candidate) from each DT to specific schools should be released sometime in November.

AFPC and HAF A1 have briefed that it will most likely be the same for DTs 2014 and maybe 2015. MAJCOMs and HAF have discussed how bad this is for our force development and is recommending we fund more school slots so we can still send non-selects. It will be difficult with BCA cuts.

I haven't seen official policy on this, but it was what our DT did this summer and what I have discussed with AFPC and A1. Hopefully we will get it worked out before next summer so commanders can nominate a reasonable number of quality non-selects.

I am sure Liquid has seen it...I got a look today...Guidance is out to DTs that attempts to fix the reduced number of seats for candidates. Also, specific guidance about AADs and correspondence PME for selects and selection criteria for certain post-school jobs.

I have not seen anything that addresses this at the Wing/CC level (i.e. PRF level), but the DT part of the guidance is out and should start to make a difference. Haven't looked far enough to see what can and cannot be posted as it is multiple pages.

I heard this year (from a Wg/CCE) that the primary list would be 20% candidates, 80% selects - anyone heard the same? If so it's at least a step in the right direction away from "1 candidate per DT" like last year.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I heard this year (from a Wg/CCE) that the primary list would be 20% candidates, 80% selects - anyone heard the same? If so it's at least a step in the right direction away from "1 candidate per DT" like last year.

Are they increasing the number of seats to make this happen?

I think the guidance says that 80% IDE and 70% SDE selects minimum. This ensures that you don't push selects to the last look by loading up candidates into classes. It also (in theory) ensures that you don't end up with only 1 candidate per DT. (at least in the long run). Maybe I read it wrong...I will re-read it tomorrow.

Another change is that USAF will not expect officers to have AADs for promotion until the O-6 board. DTs are directed to not consider AADs when identifying Sq/CCs or DE unless AADs are a pre-req for the program.

Nothing yet on promotion boards, but this is a step in the right direction.

Does anyone know if you're a last look candidate, eligible for credit, but not nominated by your SR, does your package (sts) go to the board at all? The psdm this year limited candidate nominations to 25%, where in the past it was just a suggested limit.

Another change is that USAF will not expect officers to have AADs for promotion until the O-6 board. DTs are directed to not consider AADs when identifying Sq/CCs or DE unless AADs are a pre-req for the program.

Nothing yet on promotion boards, but this is a step in the right direction.

Right direction, yes. Too late though, considering that 3849s were already signed before it came out and Wg/CCs are still ranking based on AAD completion date.

Hunch regarding that '06 majors board: it could be early in the year to avoid conflicting with a RIF. Just ask your nearest '05 about the BS involved with doing RRFs and PRFs at the same time.

Or you could ask any '01 dude whose in an overage AFSC.. they'll be pushing their O-5 PRF's forward this fall at about the same time as the RIF board is deciding their fate.

-9-

• 1 month later...
Guest ThatGuy

Because of the early retirements and VSP rounds will the Air Force have to promote more or less individuals? Something tells me they will have to promote more people in the pilot community since everyone decided to leave for better opportunities outside of the Air Force.

Because of the early retirements and VSP rounds will the Air Force have to promote more or less individuals? Something tells me they will have to promote more people in the pilot community since everyone decided to leave for better opportunities outside of the Air Force.

I am not to sure about that. It seems the promotion rate to Major has been on a steady decline throughout the Force Reduction measures going back to 2006. There has been talk as well to delaying Major boards even more to slow the promotion rate to cut down on costs (discussed at numerous SOS classes by the brass).

I am not to sure about that. It seems the promotion rate to Major has been on a steady decline throughout the Force Reduction measures going back to 2006. There has been talk as well to delaying Major boards even more to slow the promotion rate to cut down on costs (discussed at numerous SOS classes by the brass).

I suspect this year's O-5 board results will be eye-opening. I'd like to be wrong though.

Hunch regarding that '06 majors board: it could be early in the year to avoid conflicting with a RIF. Just ask your nearest '05 about the BS involved with doing RRFs and PRFs at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but '05 folks aren't eligible for the RIF this time 'round, right?

(I realize I'm quoting a 2-month old post..just making sure I'm not missing something)

I suspect this year's O-5 board results will be eye-opening. I'd like to be wrong though.

Just saw a guy post on Facebook that he got passed over... So the results will probably be released tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on when they'll be released?

See above non selects being informed today usually means public release the following day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shockingly dismal results in my corner of the AF. Don't remember exactly...something like:

0/11 BPZ (2 DPs--got 1 ea last 2 bds)

3/9 IPZ (3 DPs)--got 2 ea Ps last 2 bds)

0/16 APZ (1 DP)--and 3 were second-time pass overs, and did NOT get continued, they separate or TERA by Dec '14. Previously continued pass overs stayed continued.

-Various rated/non-rated AFSCs on staff, w/2-star SR.

-A couple had negative quality indicators, all IPZ/BPZ had all "squares" filled (IP/EP/CC/AAD/Deployments/Combat/etc)