Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

You have no clue what you are talking about. If you can't post facts then I suggest you insert your foot in your mouth. But that's a nav for you.

You were an aircraft commander when you left Dyess? I may not have the copilot part right, but the rest I'm pretty sure of unless you are a liar.

slick999 said:

======================================================================

I'm a C-130 guy by trade. I've been with the MC-12 program from day 1 in Iraq.

Are those facts enough for you?

Also, not even butt hurt that you called me a nav. I give them their fair share of ribbings, but wouldn't trade them or flight engineers for anything. And FYSA, C-130 FTU evaluator pilot would be correct.

Edited by Fifty-six & Two

Nope, C-130 copilot that got sent to MC-12s.

Proof positive that you can be on aeronautical orders and still be a "shoe".

MC-12s (and UAVs for that matter) were one of the best things to happen to the Herk world. All of the douches that couldn't fly and no one liked anyway filled that bill pretty quickly. Maybe things do have a way of working themselves out. Man, what a leper colony that community must be.

Edited by Champ Kind

"I'm a leader because there was nobody else." Leadership by default? Are you serious? You don't know my background or where I came from prior to commissioning. Seriously, I had officers, Chiefs, and high level civilians mentoring me at my first duty station. I must have flushed everything after commissioning.

I can assure you nobody kicked me anywhere. Another false assumption again. A well known CC put in a by name request to have certain individuals released to his specific MAJCOM. When the MAJCOM comes a knocking, what do you think will happen? Kicked to the curb is being forced out of your community and handed PCS orders to some place you don't want to go. I saw this happen a year after my PCS to individuals in my old community.

I still keep in touch with leadership from my previous community. They were awesome to me.

...Continue to Challenge!...
  • Upvote 6

"I'm a leader because there was nobody else." Leadership by default? Are you serious? You don't know my background or where I came from prior to commissioning. Seriously, I had officers, Chiefs, and high level civilians mentoring me at my first duty station. I must have flushed everything after commissioning.

Well, multiple times, people on this board have inquired as to your experience (both in terms of leadership and flying) and you have been extremely uncooperative as to disclosing any information.

Well, multiple times, people on this board have inquired as to your experience (both in terms of leadership and flying) and you have been extremely uncooperative as to disclosing any information.

Rubbish, the clues are there. Here's what I've got: '05 year group Capt, deployed twice in the MC-12, once to Balad in '09-10, prior E, -130 guy, currently stationed at a West Coast base that doesn't have -17s, not deployed right now, and God's gift to leadership. Or he's been throwing some smoke grenades out the whole time.

It was the butler in the den with the candlestick.

A well known CC put in a by name request to have certain individuals released to his specific MAJCOM. When the MAJCOM comes a knocking, what do you think will happen? Kicked to the curb is being forced out of your community and handed PCS orders to some place you don't want to go. I saw this happen a year after my PCS to individuals in my old community.

I still keep in touch with leadership from my previous community. They were awesome to me. They allowed me to thrive and do jobs that I requested. It has helped me at my current base. It was that awesome leadership that trickled down to me.

Holy shit, we've got ourselves a bad ass over here, you want a fvcking cookie?

Let me guess:

"A well known CC" = Cap'n Crunch?

"his specific MAJCOM" = Air Force Who Gives A Shit Command?

A by name request works both ways, as in "what dead weight do we need to drop? That guy, what's-his-name"

Rubbish, the clues are there. Here's what I've got: ...prior E...

Still always surprised when this happens, and more often than it should.. unless we're counting prior-E at E4 and below 5 years service. Then it doesn't count.

Somewhat of a question - I know they've pushed back the boards and there is no longer BTZ to O4. Is there a way currently to get promoted ahead of your peers? When I was an E you could always out test/SrA BTZ/STEP to get promoted ahead of the douches. I'm not seeing those opportunities on the O side, and I'm not sure if it's just not an MSG thing. I've asked around locally.. but it's all Space/Missile guys.

Please note, I'm not asking who's balls I have to wash/gargle. As I said in another post I can retire happily as a O3E, my dreams have been accomplished.

Slick, do me a favor. Stop posting in this thread unless you have a legitimate question. Your other posts are completely non value added. The derail is not all your fault, but it certainly revolves around you.

You are right. I wont give anymore fodder. If I answer a question its not enough.

Edited by slick999

Prior Es can be great leaders, or they can hold onto that mentality and defend the blue kool aid for the rest of their twenty. They never think outside the box, and always quote regs most of us have never heard of, guess which one you are slick.

BTW, BPZ is usually reserved for the future generals of the AF, if you were old at commissioning I wouldn't hold your breath. No spears, it happens, but the cards/age are stacked against you.

Is it 4 years and 1 day I believe to get the "E" pay grade added...I made SSgt (E-5) in 4 years before departing for AFROTC.

I believe that is correct as well.  However, I added the greater time portion onto mine because right at about the 5~6 year mark things really become clear about what the AF is, and if you're a fit for it or not.  That's when E's are made in my opinion, (ALS, 2/3 duty station, supervisory duties).

Not crapping on you, but I know many with your timeline (not necessarily rank) that do not have the E perspective/chill-ness many of my (10+ E years) peers do.  Overall it's a hate for the political game O's play.

That said there's some of my peers I would curb stomp if it was legal.

...and always quote regs most of us have never heard of..

BTW, BPZ is usually reserved for the future generals of the AF, if you were old at commissioning I wouldn't hold your breath.  No spears, it happens, but the cards/age are stacked against you.

I do quote random regs, because it's fun to mess with my NCO's

I've had friends who were briefed by O6's they'd never make it up.  Sad that talent (not me) is selected so early and before real character can be shown in trying situations.  I was looking for ways to help out good bro's besides the ole' "You work hard and do great things, here's more, crappier work for you to do."

They haven't deleted Slick's account yet? Surprising.

My guess is the CGOC and (now JCGOC) have issued orders to their pledges (aka Slick) which require them to go on BODN and troll. Just sayin'

I was told there was a by name request for you to become the flight lead of the Little Debbie snack cake section in your squadron. Since you couldn't hack loading paper in the printer and kept getting that notorious "PC Load Letter" light they had to move you to something more suitable to your mission set.

High schooler........if that.

edit: grammer

Edited by Recut

Easy Bake,

When you return to this thread please bring all of us some treats from your easy bake oven.

For your SA, electricity powers the light bulb in your oven which actually helps to bake the goodies.

I know your peers told you a short blue bus would pick you up from the dorms and transport you to the training squadron for your first day of UPT. If you are still wondering why that little bus never showed up it's because you didn't wait long enough.

My daddy can kick your daddy's butt! Go back to bed, young man before your parents get angry you were on the internet past bedtime.

Sorry everyone, couldn't resist.

• Upvote 1

<self gratifying words>.

Judgement. Like leadership, judgement comes in many forms-good, bad, mediocre. I would argue good judgement is a requisite for good leadership. Good judgement, among other things and at the very least is crucial in knowing your audience, knowing when you've lost them, and knowing when to stop talking.