Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Curious - what happens to those that were passed over for Captain in FY12...Yes, that's right, passed over as a pilot for CAPTAIN. No problems with the law, DUIs, or negative paper work. I would normally be pinning on in September 2013, but since I was passed over I was waiting on this years board. There was a group of us who had blank PRFs submitted to the board last year (while deployed). Are we still pretty much SOL? Or will I receive an apology and a promotion, and pin on in Sept '13? Haha, yeah.....sure....

I'm actually working this situation right now. Of course, no one at MPF or AFPC can pull their head out of their ass and give me an answer. Fuktards...

I was hoping this nonsense would continue just long enough for the first disillusioned passed-over 1Lt to write a "do not promote me" letter to the board & walk away from his 10 year commitment in six months....

• Upvote 1

I was hoping this nonsense would continue just long enough for the first disillusioned passed-over 1Lt to write a "do not promote me" letter to the board & walk away from his 10 year commitment in six months....

If I could have done this is a 1LT I would have.

Curious - what happens to those that were passed over for Captain in FY12...Yes, that's right, passed over as a pilot for CAPTAIN. No problems with the law, DUIs, or negative paper work. I would normally be pinning on in September 2013, but since I was passed over I was waiting on this years board. There was a group of us who had blank PRFs submitted to the board last year (while deployed). Are we still pretty much SOL? Or will I receive an apology and a promotion, and pin on in Sept '13? Haha, yeah.....sure....

I'm actually working this situation right now. Of course, no one at MPF or AFPC can pull their head out of their ass and give me an answer. Fuktards...

I have a bud in this situation, talked to him the other day and he said once this info dropped, his CC called him and told him congrats bc he's an auto Capt sel now.

I have a bud in this situation, talked to him the other day and he said once this info dropped, his CC called him and told him congrats bc he's an auto Capt sel now.

I think what he was getting at was what date he's pinning on now, not if he is.

Good start. Next the genius who came up with the failed policy that directly resulted in countless wasted hours should be publicly reprimanded as a general warning.

Too late. Opr bullet and promotion already awarded.

From what I've heard, those 1Lts passed over during last year's board will pin on 1 Jan 14, just like they would have if they were selected 1 APZ had the board convened this year. The folks that were APZ to the last board and passed over again were all forced to separate by 31 Mar, so they're all gone now.

Haven't heard any of that thus far. The last official word that I got was that those that were passed over will meet this years "promotion process" and be considered again under the 100% "fully qualified" criteria. Just finished spending an inordinate amount of time writing these PRFs.

Haven't heard any of that thus far. The last official word that I got was that those that were passed over will meet this years "promotion process" and be considered again under the 100% "fully qualified" criteria. Just finished spending an inordinate amount of time writing these PRFs.

That's the word that I was told, but it smells fishy to me. I hope he doesn't have to wait till 1 Jan like GD said. This guy's DOR is at the end of this month.

I also wonder if the people that had previously been passed over will lose the indicator on their SURFs that it had happened since this O-3 PRF process is canx'd.... for now.

I also wonder if the people that had previously been passed over will lose the indicator on their SURFs that it had happened since this O-3 PRF process is canx'd.... for now.

The way Big Blue works, I doubt it...

No argument... Just sucks that those guys will permanently have that gift that keeps on giving from the AF on their records.

Edited by Champ Kind

I was passed over as well as a nav with no issues either. We also had a pilot passed over with no problems. The non-select counselor said it was because we "didn't have a push for a leadership position on the PRF". When we told her that flyers don't have leadership positions as LT's, she said "well the other jobs do". I guess being a flight commander over three people as a 1Lt is more important that two years of undergrad and all the associated training to get us mission ready.

Anyway, I asked the question and I was told we are not getting back-promoted. We are rolling a year back into the 2010 year group. I haven't been able to get a straight answer on when we will pin on, but my best guess is 1 January. I'm still trying to find this out for sure. It was a horrible process to begin with and you know how Force Support is...there's one person who knows their job and I can't find him.