Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

So if Big Blue wants to get creative with IDE credit, why shouldn't Weapons School graduates receive it?

I think it's because the other equivalency programs award Masters degrees while WIC does not; that plus the length of the program...although this is just a guess.

I think it's because the other equivalency programs award Masters degrees while WIC does not; that plus the length of the program...although this is just a guess.

That and I mean be honest, my ERAU online masters is WAY harder than WIC...

My guess is that WIC is seen as an intense, challenging and worthwhile training program. And therefore not worthy of IDE credit.

Very cynical.

• Upvote 1

Leadership - Check

Joint Interoperability - Check

Warfare Theory - Check

Doctrine - Check

Oh, and you're actually learning these things by planning and executing versus a strictly academic environment. Also, say what you want about some patch wearers, but they don't exactly just let any joe blow have the opportunity to attend the training.

Someone post the desired learning objectives of ACSC and I'll bet you can apply them (and more) to the WIC... the main difference being that, contrary to WIC, the ACSC curriculum crams 6 months of blue Kool Aid into a year.

Edited by Champ Kind

Leadership - Check

Joint Interoperability - Check

Warfare Theory - Check

Doctrine - Check

Is there a blow-hard with a PhD in charge of curriculum development? Sorry, no IDE credit.

That said, I'd be curious to know what percentage of patches are not IDE-selects.

So if Big Blue wants to get creative with IDE credit, why shouldn't Weapons School graduates receive it?

While I agree that you couldn't ask for much more in terms of teaching the kind of stuff the AF values, they have already shown their cards with the online masters that gives several credits to WIC grads but not a free pass. The question that I don't know the answer to is does the AF really care that we will have less people getting IDE credit these next couple years, cause if they don't it would make the equivalency credit debate a lot easier.

That said, I'd be curious to know what percentage of patches are not IDE-selects.

I have no idea what the numbers are, but from personal experience I know that there are more than a handful that weren't selects but relatively low compared to the "general population."

Even better, patches being passed over for Maj because they lack a master degree. Nobody is safe from getting run over by the full retard train these days.

Not calling bullshit, but sort of calling bullshit. Even in today's AF a patch being passed over to Maj simply for lacking a masters sounds like an extreme case. Maybe it happened, but I'm guessing there had to be more to the story than just lack of AAD. Really?

Again 90% of officers make make Maj. The few guys I've seen not make it have generally had several if not all of the following factors: no in-res SOS, no AAD no deployments, no awards/strats/job growth not really good workers. And you're saying that patchES (plural) are getting passed over with the direct feedback that it was their lack of AAD?

Again not saying not true, but sounds fishy to me.

zb

Edit for iPhone keyboard typos

Edited by zach braff

Way too many are NOT selects. I just don't get it. So many tiers of competition and quality cuts, and you're talking about the 0.1% of a commissioning year group.

"No thanks," says Big Blue, "We'd rather burn 'em out as quickly as possible and force 69% of them to the Guard at the end of their commitments."

Edited by Ram

Way too many are NOT selects. I just don't get it. So many tiers of competition and quality cuts, and you're talking about the 0.1% of a commissioning year group.

"No thanks," says Big Blue, "We'd rather burn 'em out as quickly as possible and force 69% of them to the Guard at the end of their commitments."

I know far more WIC grads/IDE-selects who have punched for the guard than I know WIC grads who were not selected for IDE. Patch burn-out is a real problem... I'm not sure WIC guys getting non-selected for school is as real a problem. All we have is the anecdotal "I know a guy..." to go any further. Hopefully, someone knows related stats better...

The solution is so simple... Let DTs select for promotion and development opportunities. AF/A1 can just push down how many of each AFSC we need. The CAF DT is probably much better equipped to figure out who is in the top 20% (or 15% for SDE) of 11Fs than a hodge-podge collection of O-6s.

Edited by Dupe

sounds like an extreme case.

I'm sure it is, but yes, it did happen. And clearly not for a lack of deployments, as well as I assume awards/strats/etc. were good (he did get into WIC). The latter is an assumption, but I've never heard of/seen a total "slug" go to WIC, have you? Either way, the point is shit is out of control when it comes to using good judgement/metrics to promote the right people. The AF values bullshit and scoffs actual indicators of good officership and future job/leadership potential.

It was off? Or did you mean O-4?

People (majs) here (C-NAF staff) have been stressing since no CY14 promotion board calendar has been published--meaning they're working PCS & OPR dates blind, and that can have some effect on the ol' PRF.

No good RUMINT on the O-4 still then huh?

I know what gives? It's October now - the schedule's almost always out by late September... Where are the execs on this board? Somebody has to have seen it....

zb

I know what gives? It's October now - the schedule's almost always out by late September... Where are the execs on this board? Somebody has to have seen it....

zb

Yea, I had the same thought so I called up AMC A1 shop and asked for an update. Apparently the schedule is hung up at Air Staff...no guess as to when it'll be released.

My Wing is working on the idea that the first few boards of the year will be the same as 2013 which was pretty much the same as 2012...so there's that...I got nothing for the '05 kids who have been in limbo for going on a year + now.

Good luck!