Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Are you his exec or something? Give it a rest dude.

No shit. Slick, I bet 6-9 bucks you are his GMBL exec and work on your gag reflex at least twice a week. Maybe he's a good dude maybe not, but I have news for you: no one makes WG/CC these days without at least putting it in their mouth for a little bit. AMF is right, WG/CCs have 100% control over who gets the guaranteed promotion (DPs vs Ps) so any gripe about AADs being a go/no-go starts with him.

No one cares enough to contact your WG/CC to call him out, what planet do you live on? Did you have the balls to contact Gen Schwartz to call BS on Blues Mondays and the importance of AADs, challenging him with "words and evidence" to support your claims? No, you didn't. Worse yet, maybe all your evidence made you think that stuff was a good idea...

BLUF, stop acting like such a :rainbow: .

There is no line here Fucktard, I'm not even sure who is who, get over yourself.

I did like reading GC and Liquids posts, nothing I didn't expect, but good to read anyway. Still not sure how we solidified exactly who they were, but maybe I'm slow.

Slick, we appreciate your insight.

That's pretty cool that your Wg/CC picked you out of the "mission support" group to be his exec. I'll bet the hours were a little different than those you had become accustomed to, clearly being a shoe and all.

• Upvote 1

Let me be the first to say, I don't care what color or sexuality the man or woman next to me is while serving stateside or downrange. You calling me a "f%g" by posting the rainbow flag in this forum really crosses the line. You can't be an "O" in the Air Force by what you just posted. I thought people stopped using that terminology in the second grade. Or maybe someone who got passed over takes the time to post something like that here. What's next, a Nazi symbol?

tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

• Upvote 2

Thanks for getting things back on track and Stolelt, I saw that movie. Totally made me laugh. It just bothers me because I have airmen and officers I supervise. I'm not saying you can't say what you want here, but think before you post something that a young airman or officer might see on this forum. How can you tell an airman or officer to visit this website when you are trying to use a slur and make it funny?

Back to regularly scheduled PRF GK.

NSA tracking of baseops confirmed..

Guest ThatGuy
Slick, you are a piece of work. I'm sure the airmen and officers you supervise are well aware.

I've learned a great deal from this forum, my OG/CC's, and WG/CC. I say that because I don't want my enlisted or officers to get passed over. But everyone controls their own destiny in the Air Force somewhat. I tell them from day one you have to do this to go to SOS in residence. We have SOS boards at my base to determine who will go and who won't. If you fail a fitness test or have a UIF, don't expect to go in residence. My subordinates becoming great mentors, leaders, and supervisors start and ends with me.

A lot of the things Liquid was saying resonates pretty well with me.

Edited by slick999

We have SOS boards at my base to determine who will go and who won't. If you fail a fitness test or have a UIF, don't expect to go in residence.

1 mistake/unlucky Air Force huh? We have leaders afraid to stand on their own and make a tough call without consulting leadership, and this nonsense is only reinforcing their mentality. Leadership by excel.

• Upvote 1

If you throttled back, you may make an impact. Otherwise, you're a guy in a blue suit crashing through walls.

The in-res boarding of SOS slots is asinine. I know more than one dude who busted a pt test and used it as motivation to change their lives, mentally and physically, but if they were at your base they may as well go out and kill themselves because their career is essentially over. That's wrong. If you think that is leadership or that it is a good idea, I got news for you - if you keep that up, eventually a real leader is going to slit your throat and make sure you don't get the opportunities you need to continue advancement.

Chuck

Assuming there are any real leaders left by then.

1 mistake/unlucky Air Force huh? We have leaders afraid to stand on their own and make a tough call without consulting leadership, and this nonsense is only reinforcing their mentality. Leadership by excel.

PT tests have become the new 'nuke' world - 100% is the only standard, you either pass or fail, but there is no forgiveness for making a mistake. Don't dare get sick/hurt/lose focus.

PT tests have become the new 'nuke' world - 100% is the only standard, you either pass or fail, but there is no forgiveness for making a mistake. Don't dare get sick/hurt/lose focus.

That's not even 100% true at my wing. Strats can be handed out depending on how well you scored on the PT test.

Huh. I listened to the CSAF himself last week say that the fact that senior raters are considering masters degrees for the major's board is "insane." He went on to say that a masters degree should only be required for O-6.

So where's the official guidance on this? Where's the "vector" we were promised, oh, 9 months ago? C'mon Gen Welsh... this service desperately needs you to make these simple, easy fixes, and not just be a guy who gave a great speech at USAFA this one time.

• Upvote 2

Ok I'll repost it. Currently at SOS, briefed by the AU/CC 3 star... he gave us a preview and told us it's coming. The whole system is changing, not simply a masking of whatever, but from my memory:

1) SOS being shortened to 5 weeks because of the 100% requirement

2) SOS Correspondence eligibility potentially moving until after in residence criteria has passed (have heard this one for a while)

3) Promotion boards will require a certain amount of credits instead of mandatory PME completion. PME in res will fulfill required credits for that perspective board, however if you got a Masters in say, International Security Studies, and a PME class is International Security, you will get PME credit hours for taking that Masters class

4) He said a lot of the senior leaders think the AAD should be masked until the O-6 board, however gave no indication on how Gen Welsh thought about that or what direction they were going, but hinted at changes for it.

That's all I can remember right now...

Edited by xaarman

I find it interesting that after this Wg/CC, whom you hold in such incredibly high regard, said this on Wednesday:

[i do] not believe in the one mistake Air Force mentality.

He said it IS, however, a one crime Air Force (I'll agree...it's self elimination like he said about not getting your AAD or doing PME DL). Then you went off the reservation with this?

I could understand if he got arrested once, but twice is my limitation.

Your leniency is eye watering, but some future Airman in your charge better watch himself after his first arrest. You will go far telling only the "good" half of the story. It keeps leadership happy with you and will get you promoted.

Edited by ak47

1) SOS being shortened to 5 weeks because of the 100% requirement

Nice. From 5 weeks to 8 and back to 5 in the span of 3 years.

If only there had been an online group of current and former USAF officers who could have predicted that the 8 week course would be an almost total waste of time and resources. The best part is that the same three year groups got screwed with the excessively long versions of both ASBC and SOS. Great job Air Force.

Edited by GearMonkey
  • Upvote 1