?s on RNLTD (Report No Later Than Date)

Guest viper24

Guest viper24

I was looking over my orders and I have a RNLT 30 Sept...which is on a Saturday. So do I wait to report in the following monday, 2 Oct, or can I report in on Sat? Thanks in advance

Just go in on Mon, or if you get there and feel like going in on Fri you could do that too. Like WSO said, I think that just means you need to be in the area (i.e. billeting) before Sun. I just went in on Fri (I had a RNLT Sat) and got some crap done, I wasn't doing shit else anyways.

Guest newflyer

I've always just been asked when I arrived. Be honest. If you arrived in town on Sat show up at 0800 on Monday and tell them. Plus at the last 2 bases I PCSd to when I called billeting to see if I could get something from them stating I had arrived, they acted like I was speaking a foreign language. INCOMPETENCE RUNS RAMPANT. They had no idea what I was talking about when I tried to explain that their base website (and probably the SITES package) lists them as the afterhours/24hour check-in point.

Oh well, I guess what I am trying to say is that don't waste your time with billeting, unless you are staying there. Then you can always produce a receipt. It drives me nuts how apparently untrustworthy we are as commissioned officers in the US Air Force.

Wow, sorry about that...rant switch OFF.

[ 30. August 2006, 02:58: Message edited by: newflyer ]

Everything above is exactly correct. Show up by the date on the orders. Billeting is usually the 24 hour arrival point. Check to see if they have rooms, get a room or non-A statement, or not and go on your merry way. On Monday check-in with your orderly room and when you file your voucher with finance, give them the date that you arrived in the local area. They'll ask and just tell them the date. I've moved 9 times and reported in on the weekends several times. Some because it was the last day to arrive and others because I wanted to get there a day or two early to look for houses, stop getting charged for leave and go out and party in my new local area. I wouldn't show up on a Friday just because my RNLTD date fell on a Sat though.

Billeting will not give you anything saying when you got there, except a receipt if you stay there. They are just there to get a room or send you off base or whatever. I'm with newflyer, I don't think many of them know that they are the 24 hour arrival point.

• 5 months later...

How far in advance should you show up to your UPT date? My RNLTD is 2 weeks before the start date and I was told you can sign out of your squad up to 60 days before your RNLTD.

If I was at Travis or Eglin than I would show up at the last minute, but I would rather sit around there with good buddies than hang around here where nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

How far in advance should you show up to your UPT date? My RNLTD is 2 weeks before the start date and I was told you can sign out of your squad up to 60 days before your RNLTD.

If I was at Travis or Eglin than I would show up at the last minute, but I would rather sit around there with good buddies than hang around here where nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

How much leave do you have? How much leave do you want to use? Bottom line is that from sign out to sign in, you will burn leave minus any travel days.

You are going to be spending too much time at your UPT base. You might as well stay where you are, with friends rather than arrive too early. The earlier you arrive the more likely that you are going to get another casual job that will suck worse than what you have right now.

See for most people that would be true that their base is better than their UPT base... I'm in New Mexico with cattle. A lot of my friends will already be at Laughlin. I just wanted to see if I can show up like 45 days before my start date if I desired.

Guest clouddawg

I would offer to you that you go about two weeks early. That should be enough time to inprocess, scope out where stuff is on base, move into your apartment or dorm, and be comfortably set up to start class. You don't want to be starting upt and worrying about putting your crap away in your room rather than studying whatever you are supposed to be learning.

Guest EN_STUD

When you get your PCS rip from the MPF, there is a place where you request your Projected Departure Date (PDD). This date can be up to 60 days earlier than your Report No Later Than Date (RNLT). Your current commander will approve or deny this request, and then it goes back to Outbound Assignments at the MPF.

It's not too late if you've already sent this back tot he MPF without an earlier PDD. I originally put that I wasn't going to leave any earlier but changed my mind. All I had to do was write a memo stating my revised PDD, have my commander endorse it, and take it over to Outbound Assignments. They don’t have to do anything to your orders...your orders don’t even show your PDD. They just update it in the virtual MPF.

IMHO, I would get to your UPT base at least 2-3 weeks before your class start date. That way you can get your household goods delivered, get your place all set-up (cable/internet/food), do all your inprocessing, and be totally ready to start without having to deal with your personal affairs.

When you get your PCS rip from the MPF, there is a place where you request your Projected Departure Date (PDD). This date can be up to 60 days earlier than your Report No Later Than Date (RNLT). Your current commander will approve or deny this request, and then it goes back to Outbound Assignments at the MPF.

Do you have the regulation for the 60 day rule? I've been looking for it for a while and can't find it. I'm supposed to report to Whiting 10 Oct but heard you can report 60 days early with cc approval so would like to report in August and get my name in the hat to start (A pool). Thanks for your help.

Whit

Do you have the regulation for the 60 day rule? I've been looking for it for a while and can't find it. I'm supposed to report to Whiting 10 Oct but heard you can report 60 days early with cc approval so would like to report in August and get my name in the hat to start (A pool). Thanks for your help.

Whit

Its on your rip. I turned mine in today and on there there's a requested departure date. It can be up to 60 days early and under it is a spot for your commander to sign. If they reject the date, they can put in when they want you to leave.

I decided for 30 days prior to my RNLTD simply because I'm bored as hell here and ready to move on. Some say wait til the end, some say show up as early as possible, I went in between.

Whit

Whit,

Try here: AFI 36-2110

Look in para 2.26

• 1 month later...