Flyover/flyby Q&A

Flare

History, yes. Recent history, no. BTW, pushing the minimums and a momentary deviation are quite different from this one (flying 700 feet lower than the 1000 ft minimum AGL is not off by a "little")

Fair enough I can agree with that

And that is all it took for you to agree?

I'm easy....similar to your mother/sister/girlfriend/wife which ever is still alive and of least offense to you...

$169M a pop, but no TOS clock. LM says that'll be another $69M for a fleetwide software upgrade...

To be fair to them, the pro bowl is notorious for flubbing the timing (starting early/late...those thirty seconds aren't very important for the singers, but they are for the guys traveling at 4-5 miles/minute!). Just look at previous years' videos of the flybys.

Perhaps they'd look better in formation if they got more than 6 flights in a year. I mean HOW long were they grounded this time?

Not to divert attention away from a stellar number 2- but did I miss the memo on a new uniform change. That sure looks alot like the Hap Arnold costume. Should I be saving up for some new service dress?

Looks better than the crap we have now, but I too wonder what uniform this is...

Not to divert attention away from a stellar number 2- but did I miss the memo on a new uniform change. That sure looks alot like the Hap Arnold costume. Should I be saving up for some new service dress?

That is the new ceremonial uniform. Only honor guard and the like use it. Its a piece of shit that costs way too much and looks like hell cause it was made by a costume maker not a clothing maker. Notice the incorrect "US" for the enlisted guy? Thats because they wanted it embroidered rather than pin on and it would be way too much work to change.

I have to admit, that might be one the better versions of the National Anthem I have heard in a long time.

I was thinking the same thing. When I hear the National Anthem at an event, I don't want the most famous person they could get singing it (who, if they're part of the Hollywood/LA crowd is probably anti-American commie scum anyways), I want it to sound damn good and sung by someone who cares.

Perhaps they'd look better in formation if they got more than 6 flights in a year. I mean HOW long were they grounded this time?

Don't worry, they've been getting plenty of CT while we do their jobs for them (don't worry, tongue in cheek for all you out there about to flip out).

Raptor dude: "If I'm going 8 NM/min and the flyover point is 16 NM from our hold, how long...ah fuck it, we've got EGI."

"Wait, what...no one told me EGI doesn't compensate for my time in the 180 degree turn I have to make back to the target! Fuck it, they probably won't even notice."

• 2 years later...