Flyover/flyby Q&A

Flare

The Fred crew did a nice job for the Patriots game today.

Agreed. Barnes was headed out to Red Flag, so Westover got the nod.

Picture from the 439th-

404410_10150551174187884_273805187883_8748023_891424573_n.jpg

And as for the flyover-- FRED? Really? What's next, an E-8?

Please. I like a great pointy nose flyover just as much as the next person, but talk about overplayed, nice to change it up every once in a while. The Fred got way more reaction than I've ever seen, you could see the players keep looking up.

That being said, this one was a few years back at Gillette. They don't get any better.

(1:35)

Surely you've heard it fly before. Nobody wants to hear that any louder than they have to.

I'll have to be the dissenter and say that these flybys always give me goosebumps, and I'm not even a Septic. If the RAF did this, I wouldn't care what it was.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Barnes was headed out to Red Flag, so Westover got the nod.

Picture from the 439th-

404410_10150551174187884_273805187883_8748023_891424573_n.jpg

Please. I like a great pointy nose flyover just as much as the next person, but talk about overplayed, nice to change it up every once in a while. The Fred got way more reaction than I've ever seen, you could see the players keep looking up.

That being said, this one was a few years back at Gillette. They don't get any better.

(1:35)

and then "Danger Zone". Bleh.

I'll have to be the dissenter and say that these flybys always give me goosebumps, and I'm not even a Septic. If the RAF did this, I wouldn't care what it was.

What's a Septic? Is it like a dikfur?

If I read one more comment with "This guy will be the next bud holland" I am going to gouge my own eyes out. Every breach of safety or lapse of judgement does not equate to the deliberate disregard for aircraft limitations and life that Bud Holland operated under. There are people with momentary judgement lapses, frequent judgement lapses, and then there is the Bud Holland ###### the rules I make my own and do what I want mentality. Without knowing these people individually we can't gauge which category they fall into so stop with the sweeping generalizations on every incident posted...FFS

• Upvote 1

If I read one more comment with "This guy will be the next bud holland" I am going to gouge my own eyes out. Every breach of safety or lapse of judgement does not equate to the deliberate disregard for aircraft limitations and life that Bud Holland operated under. There are people with momentary judgement lapses, frequent judgement lapses, and then there is the Bud Holland ###### the rules I make my own and do what I want mentality. Without knowing these people individually we can't gauge which category they fall into so stop with the sweeping generalizations on every incident posted...FFS

Valid point, but the incident in question was nothing close to a "momentary deviation"

Edited by BQZip01

Valid point, but the incident in question was nothing close to a "momentary deviation"

Maybe my lack of experience with this type of flying is to blame, but isn't there a long reaching AF tradition of doing flyby's below published mins or am I just talking out of my posterior?

If I read one more comment with "This guy will be the next bud holland" I am going to gouge my own eyes out.

Ready?

This guy will be the next Bud Holland.

Go.

Ready?

This guy will be the next Bud Holland.

Go.

iim niht surte what im typpintg bearcase my eyes arree beedin pretety baaedly

Maybe my lack of experience with this type of flying is to blame, but isn't there a long reaching AF tradition of doing flyby's below published mins or am I just talking out of my posterior?

History, yes. Recent history, no. BTW, pushing the minimums and a momentary deviation are quite different from this one (flying 700 feet lower than the 1000 ft minimum AGL is not off by a "little")