Pilot watches

Guest Dirt Beater

I'd say the T45 and the T38 are two totally different aircraft, are they both trainers? sure. but the 38 is more difficult to fly, faster, has a more storied heritage, and is far more sexy than it's navy counterpart. many dudes count it as a first love

Thanks Muscle! I have indeed been alternating.

Cap-10

Clarification to my "single watch" order post earlier.

If you want a watch they have already made (T-38, F-15E, Self Respecting Naval Aviator approved C-2), you can order one individually....you don't have to round another 25 dudes/dudettes in order to place another order.

Sorry for any confusion.

Cap-10

I am putting together a group order for a Breitling Aerospace Strike Eagle custom watch. Retail price is $4,095. The price for our custom Strike Eagle Breitling is £1835 ($3,063 2,869) which is the tax free price and includes delivery. We are about 10 short for the 25 watches minimum in order for production. Monthly payment plans are available at no additional cost. We are doing the order through Andrew Michaels Jewelry out of the UK who is working directly with Breitling.

To purchase your custom Strike Eagle Breitling,PM me for the deatils.

We want to submit our order by Oct 31st NOV 30th so spread the word to the bros. PM me or comment below with any questions.

FYI: Custom name engraving with pilot/wso wings on the back is in the works.

10609504_10101551861184719_8037304542004

FYI, we are 1 week out from our order placement (30 NOV). Due the the favorable exchange rate right now, the cost is down to $2,869. Get in while the getin's good! PM me if you are interested/have questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on a google search. Poster said it was current when he ordered in March of this year.

404525d1300127175-omega-military-pilot-p

Just curious, is any aviator allowed to partake in this program, or is it only pilots? I know the form says pilot but I don't know if other aircrew is included as well.

Just curious, is any aviator allowed to partake in this program, or is it only pilots? I know the form says pilot but I don't know if other aircrew is included as well.

The last Strike Eagle order that delivered this past spring had a bunch of WSOs/aircrew temporarily out of the cockpit/ALOs on it. No issues with Omega.

• 1 month later...

Paid for my Bremont 26 Nov, just found out it was lost in the mail (2nd shipping attempt after they sent to the wrong address the first time) and will be 8-10 more weeks until finished....think I can get them to throw in an extra wristband or something for my troubles?

Paid for my Bremont 26 Nov, just found out it was lost in the mail (2nd shipping attempt after they sent to the wrong address the first time) and will be 8-10 more weeks until finished....think I can get them to throw in an extra wristband or something for my troubles?

I would bet they would throw in something for your troubles...all of my dealings with the Bremont mil folks have been awesome!

Cap-10

• 4 months later...

Didn't know where to put this, but for those with the Breitling Airwolf - the battery is CR2320 and the case tool is 35mm (eBay). Obviously use at your own risk. I didn't want to spend $400 for a battery change on my out of warranty watch and have my watch out of pocket for over a month. Took me a while to find the battery info and literally trial and error to find the right case tool.

I just got word that the Strike Eagle Breitling's are in!

There are 17 out of the 50 watches that are still unclaimed! If you are on the fence, now is the time to pull the trigger! It's father's day for crying out loud! According to my hand dandy exchange rate app, the current price is $2,815 (1835 GBP). Please spread the word. I'm sure your watch will speak for itself. Hit me up with any questions!

LINK: https://amjsecurelogin.co.uk/

PROMO CODE: 119 (for new orders)

10609504_10101551861184719_8037304542004

Edited by timewillnottell

Good looking watch.

Be glad it was ordered in the UK: dealing with Breitling USA on custom watches is utterly painful. After doing two custom orders with them in the past, I refused to do a third this year.

• 8 months later...
On December 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM, HU&W said:

Does anyone have one of these yet? Thoughts? I'm pretty tempted, but I'm also a nerd.

Thread revival...Does anyone have this watch, and if so what are your thoughts?

What kind of watches are most of you guys wearing today?  I have been wearing a cheap digital watch from the BX for several years now (even recently paid another $10 for a new one just to have a new band) and it does what I need it to do, especially since I always have an iphone in the pocket...but lately the wife has been suggesting that I get something better.  My problem is that I've always been a bit of a minimalist when it comes to these things and don't know what the hell I want, even with months of on and off again research.  The wife also suggests I get two new watches since I like digital watches for when I am flying/working out and could use a decent looking analog watch for getting dressed up.  I've looked at the Tisot T-Touch watches several times but am not sure if it would make sense spending that much money if it's not what I'm really into.  I'm not into getting a Breitlng or anything too classy and am definitely into functionality, but only if it makes sense (i.e. I don't care if it has a heart rate monitor because I probably wouldn't use it).  In general, I'd be willing to spend $1-2K if it was exactly what I wanted.

So yeah, I'm pretty indecisive on watches...thoughts?

I bought my first automatic (mechanical) watch a year ago, and from now one will not buy another watch that doesn't tick 8 times per second. I really enjoy seeing the tiny little gears assembled by some European dude sweep the second hand in a fluid motion. A mechanical watch you pass down to your kids. A quartz watch gets passed down to the recycle bin. Bremont makes some awesome military watches. Do the right thing. Your kids will thank you. You don't want your kids to hate you, do you?

Thread revival...Does anyone have this watch, and if so what are your thoughts?

I got this watch a couple years ago...and it's a pretty nice watch. It fits the style of watches I normally wear, and the GPS functions are pretty good too.

As for the aviation features...I guess if there was a total electrical failure and the whiskey compass broke, it might come in handy in the jet. It's more of a nifty feature to me.

Now, I had it issued to me at the squadron so for $0 I love it. I don't know if I would pay full price for it if I was the one footing the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=JY0000-53E

I have the watch in the link above and it's the perfect aviation watch, IMO.  If you're looking for something to pass on to your kids, wear an aviation icon on your wrist or show off at a cocktail party, then this might not be it.  If you want a reasonably priced, good-looking, functional and accurate aviation tool, I highly recommend this watch.

It keeps perfect (and I do mean perfect time).  Our aircraft clock displays GPS time and it always matches my watch within a second.  It updates every night off a radio signal in the US, Japan or Germany, depending on location.  Auto update for daylight savings time/standard time in the spring and fall.  World-wide time zone selection allows easy call-up of local time wherever you happen to land.  Quick two step process allows hands to display any time zone.  Zulu is always displayed on dedicated hands or you can have it in the digital window.  It has luminous hands and a button activated light that illuminates the digital window and time zone.  Eco-drive means no battery replacement - ever.  List price is over $600 but it is usually available on-line for somewhere in the mid-300's. 

• Upvote 2