Per diem while on leave

rdo0022

I am currently at PIT and planning on taking leave during the week of Christmas. Will I still get per diem while I am on leave during that time? I have asked the finance office here at RAFB and one person said I would and the another said I wouldn't. I was just looking for anyone that has dealt with the same thing. Thanks.

Altus allowed me to "check-out" of my room for x-mas leave. All my stuff stayed in the room, but I had to turn the room key in. That way I would not accrue 8 days of lodging fees that I would eventually have to pay out of pocket for.

You aren't entitled to per diem (food and lodging) while in a leave status.

Talk with the people back at home and see if they will authorize permissive TDY since you are AETC there should be no problem since there is nothing you would be doing at your AETC base to begin with.

Robes

(AFI 36-3003)

6.1.3.4. Charge leave to members attending AETC formal schools that close for the Christmas

and New Year's Day holidays. Do not charge them leave if they perform authorized duty at the

TDY site or report for approved duty to their home station during holiday periods. When their

permanent duty station commanders concur, members may return to the home station to perform

duty. If so, entitlement to allowances prescribed in JFTR, paragraph U4175, may apply.

See AFR 177-103, Travel Transactions at Base Level, chapter 4.

So essentially, you could go home and get reimbursed for it.