Foreign Exchange Flying Tours

Guest C-21 Pilot

• 2 years later...

Revival:

Anyone have an updated listing of exchange pilot opportunities?

Previously mentioned links/sites are outdated.

Thanks!

I'm on my way to a viper exchange in Europe. Fighter porch gets the list...but I was also able to look on AMS several months out to see what types are out there...doesn't mean that it will show up on the VML however.

I know of the following F-16 PEP (exchange jobs) in Europe: Holland/Denmark/Italy/Portugal/Norway....I might have missed a couple. Of course there are other jobs that are open to other airframes (i.e. UK harrier/French Mirage/German Tornado, etc)

I'm on my way to a viper exchange in Europe. Fighter porch gets the list...but I was also able to look on AMS several months out to see what types are out there...doesn't mean that it will show up on the VML however.

I know of the following F-16 PEP (exchange jobs) in Europe: Holland/Denmark/Italy/Portugal/Norway....I might have missed a couple. Of course there are other jobs that are open to other airframes (i.e. UK harrier/French Mirage/German Tornado, etc)

The Brits grounded their Harriers for good earlier this year. Budget cuts.

Say location, my buddy is doing the Frog exchange at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're worried about promotion versus flying skill, or trying to make them conform to the USAF vol 3/Dash 1, don't bother to apply - you'll only fcuk it up for the aviators that want to fly.

Their jets, their rules. Our jets, our rules. Simple.

• 5 years later...
17 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Huh?

There had been some replies with updated lists of exchange locations and opportunities posted several years ago on this thread and I was just wondering if any had been more recently updated

I'm still a cadet

Probably not the time for you to be worrying about such things, but I'll indulge. For C-17s we have had exchanges with the Canadians, Aussies and UK. There are NATO C-17s in Hungary. I recall there being a German C-17 pilot when I was at Chucktown, though they don't have any C-17s (maybe there will be an opportunity to fly the A400M with them?). There have also been opportunities to go TDY to train the UAE C-17 pilots in Abu Dhabi and I believe the Kuwaitis as well. This may taper off once they build up their experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Probably not the time for you to be worrying about such things

That's fair haha, I start UPT this summer and was just trying to see what kind of opportunities are currently available.  Thanks!

18 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

There have also been opportunities to go TDY to train the UAE C-17 pilots in Abu Dhabi and I believe the Kuwaitis as well. This may taper off once they build up their experience.

There's at least one, possibly two, USAF pilots working the Kuwait C-17 program right now.

15 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Anyone ever do the CC-150 Polaris exchange tour with Canada?

There's someone doing this gig right now. If you want, I can try to dig up their contact info. Unfortunately I'm on exchange but flying a desk instead of a herk.