PME and Career advice

ClearedHot

9 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

With those strats I would expect you to be competitive for an alternate slot, but no guarantees.  What look is this for you?  It matters. 

That said, the past year things have gotten unpredictable.  

Thanks, guys.  Second look for me.   Currently in a joint job with not a lot of air force dudes running around....getting nominated in my last look appears unlikely.  All things considered, I would prefer to go in-res to get out of the grind for a year....even if it is lame. 

5 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Thanks, guys.  Second look for me.   Currently in a joint job with not a lot of air force dudes running around....getting nominated in my last look appears unlikely.  All things considered, I would prefer to go in-res to get out of the grind for a year....even if it is lame. 

Why is nomination on your last look unlikely?  PCS?  Third look nominations for candidates are common (I was one).

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

Why is nomination on your last look unlikely?  PCS?  Third look nominations for candidates are common (I was one).

Recent PCS to a JDAL billet with a million staff O-4s.  Will have no face time with my senior rater, and my immediate rater is an Army O-5....don't know what to make of it yet.

40 minutes ago, celtic020 said:

Recent PCS to a JDAL billet with a million staff O-4s.  Will have no face time with my senior rater, and my immediate rater is an Army O-5....don't know what to make of it yet.

Well my advice, if you want it, is make an appointment with your senior rater.  Bring the print out of your last 3849 with the strats, some recent OPRs, and ask him what you can do to receive his top push on your third look.

it sounds corny and I never did that kind of thing.  Then I started working for a senior guy and noticed successful O6s doing it regularly.  If you want it, ask for it, and it's likely he'll tell you exactly what he wants you to do in order to be his #1 push. 

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Talk to your AFELM commander - they should be your advocate with your raters to make sure you're taken care of from an "Air Force" perspective while you're in the joint job.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:31 PM, celtic020 said:

Knowledgeable folks:  Wondering if anyone has insight into the IDE Central Board.  My 3849 had "#2/7 nominees, #4/110 Wg O-4s..." and some Wg CGO strats.  Box checked "Not a Select".  Think that has a chance to get through or does the non-select thing hurt me too much?  Cheers. 

"It Depends"...the selection process is some sort of voodoo magic.  As a sitting SQ/CC I had three non-selects picked up for IDE in one year, two were at their second look, and two went on to ASG.   

• Like 1