Instrument Approaches at UPT

You’d be surprised at how many T-6 students hook their Nav checks for GPS approaches...

No, I would not. Although they should just for decision making for flying an RNAV when they set up the ILS for their precision and decided not to fly the localizer.

~Bendy

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Homestar said:

The KC-10 cockpit has always been a dinosaur. Is the C-17 doing LNAV/VNAV and LPV? What about the block 45 -135?

Block 8 C-130s are RNP, LNAV/VNAV, LPV.  Not RNP AR.  Quite certain KC-46s are the RNP AR.  

9 hours ago, BroncoEN said:

Block 8 C-130s are RNP, LNAV/VNAV, LPV.  Not RNP AR.  Quite certain KC-46s are the RNP AR.  

KC-46s are RNP, RNP (AR), LNAV or LNAV/VNAV minima. Restriction being LPV minima and/or approaches using military GPS only are not authorized. 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:29 PM, nunya said:

So... you're saying "Toneyville" means nothing to you?

LOL!  KLRF PIQ classroom instructor, and Vietnam vet described the latter part of his career saying "I've been passed over more times than Toneyville"!  

I remember having to hold there in IMC for nearly an hour on my 1st Qual Check in the 90's.  (no magenta line or autothrottles with the -E's back then, too funny)

• Like 2