DSN Morale Lines

Howdy Y'all,

I am trying to compile a list of DSN Morale Phone Numbers. I am looking for automated DSN-to-Commercial switchboard lines at various bases in the States.

For example I know there is an automated line at McChord (but I don't know the number)... If we all knew these phone numbers then we wouldn't have to be put on hold with our local base operators as we request "a commercial off-base call for morale..."

Please post any such DSN phone numbers that you know.

BaseOps

It has been a while, but Ft Bragg had an automated operating service at DSN 236-0001. I haven't used it for a while, so it might be worth checking before you add it to the list (can we call you 'Earl'?).

This is a great initiative, good on ya!

Cheers! M2

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by Baseops.Net:

Howdy Y'all,

I am trying to compile a list of DSN Morale Phone Numbers. I am looking for automated DSN-to-Commercial switchboard lines at various bases in the States.

For example I know there is an automated line at McChord (but I don't know the number)... If we all knew these phone numbers then we wouldn't have to be put on hold with our local base operators as we request "a commercial off-base call for morale..."

Please post any such DSN phone numbers that you know.

To make a local area call within the Twin Cities metro area (MN), try 312-783-4000 -- sponsored by the Reserves here, IIRC. It's an automated menu, and in addition to the placing local calls, you can do 1-800s (calling cards, banks, etc) from there also.

Never tried this one, but I've heard that for access to just 1-800 numbers, try 809-463-3376.

These were both good up till at least last July (last time I was in the Desert). :rolleyes:

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: I missed M2's new "M2" earlier... Nice! Did you get a new matching c/s patch for the "green meany" jacket (rank optional) traditionally worn to commissary and the Class 6?

Now I'm going to have to call you something cool, original, and witty, such as "Mad Max"!... :D

[ 07. May 2006, 14:59: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

M2,

I have been using that Ft Bragg number exculsively over the last 2 years to call home from the desert. It gets you to a dial tone where you can make local calls or dial a 1-800 number for calling cards.

Guest Brewdog

Damn, the cat is out of the bag now...Time to find another secret #. :D On a side note, for those lucky enough to live in Mod housing with internet access through AFFES: Dialpad.com works great and you won't have to deal with getting discoed every 15 min like DSN does at times. Yahoo recently bought the service so you need to go through them now. I've rarely used DSN except at work after getting the service.

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by Brewdog:

Damn, the cat is out of the bag now...Time to find another secret #. :D On a side note, for those lucky enough to live in Mod housing with internet access through AFFES: Dialpad.com works great and you won't have to deal with getting discoed every 15 min like DSN does at times. Yahoo recently bought the service so you need to go through them now. I've rarely used DSN except at work after getting the service.

When else would you use DSN, if not when out mish-hacking? :confused:

C'mon guys! As M2 said, this IS a good project! Hook a brother up! Don't be so scared that you are giving up some "secret" DSN line that only YOU know... That's crap. Fellow uniform-wearers can benefit from info here, so chip in!

Sheesh, Hydro