F-117

scoobs

Originally posted by Hacker:

WSOs with landing currency.

What are you trying to say, Hacker?

Just kidding. I was out there last week spinning in the fuge (third trip much easier than the first two) and playing crud with the Germans (Springer says hello). I can say that the talk at the Club is similar to what you've heard here: WSOs with landing currency with little in flight stick and rudder time. The good news is that there are WSOs on the staff to assist with mission planning. But deployment rates are up. When I was there last week one of the squadrons had just gotten back from 3 months in SE Asia (notice I said SE not SW). Holloman is in a crappy place, but if I were a family man (and I'm not) I don't think it would be that bad. I'd volunteer to go fly it...but not until I was a bit longer in the tooth.

ANIMAL

Guest AirGuardian

117s are slowly dwindling anyway, find something else that will keep you flying aside from a UAV, unless that's down your alley of course. Good luck!

10 years is the rumour for the 117s I heard from a crew chief, the new daytime paint scheme seemed like a role justification move too!