Dogtags

Guest deweygcc

Guest deweygcc

Does it matter which boot you stick in on? Someone told me the right boot.. I know its an amaziningly stupid question:D just knock my rating lower than it is at least now it will be my fault ;D

Guest deweygcc

Well I don't Its just I got a new set of tags and my 3rd set of boots and said to mehself... why not

Don't know if it's true, but I was always told you put one in your boot and the other around your neck in case you're blown apart - they could identify you by either your lower or upper body.

Don't know about the heavies, but fighters don't wear them in their boots (or around their neck) while they're flying. Most guys will put them in the arm pocket.

Guest Wxpunk

My dog doesn't wear boots, so I put his tags on his collar.

Duh! :D :D :D

----------------

Wxpunk

Nope, it's got nothing to do with your head and feet being separated. I had a VietNam-era AC-130 crewdog tell me it was because usually the feet/boots are least likely to burn in a fire.

I honestly don't see many people doing it anymore, now that we have DNA tests and all that.

Cheers! M2

Guest KC-10 Boomer

So when do we get these dog tags anyway? First thing I'm doing is taking my motorcycle out and playing sand volleyball... just kiddding.

Insert homo innuendo right after "just kidding"