Questions on ribbons/medals

Guest ClemsonFlyBoy

Not the point. I was getting my shadow box ready for retirement and I wanted my rack to be correct. I thought maybe the training ribbon criteria had changed. After asking the question here, I found out that around 2011 it changed for USAFA cadets to be given at the end of basic training and not again at commissioning.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Chida you might not know it now but when you hang it all up, SS has a fair point.  There are 3 medals to gaf about in the outside world: prisoner of war and purple heart and the AF training ribbon 

FiFY

• Haha 2

I know it’s not stylish to actually support someone instead of shitting on them but I’m glad you’re putting a shadow box together after a good career and thanks for your work for our country.

And if you earned a DFC, Silver Star, Air Force Cross, DSSC, Medal of Honor or anything else beyond the Purple Heart or POW medal, I appreciate those as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/2/2022 at 12:46 AM, filthy_liar said:

Chida you might not know it now but when you hang it all up, SS has a fair point.  There are 2 medals to gaf about in the outside world: prisoner of war and purple heart.

My dad's air medals from Vietnam are pretty important to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Yup.  Some of my air medals and others have more meaning to me than others but they will mean something to those close to me in the future years.  

I know I've been having some fun at Chida's expense but I too have a shadow box from retirement.  There are medals that have meaning to me as well but not the AF training ribbon.  Lol.  Sorry Chida. 

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Like 1