SDP (Savings Deposit Program)

Guest Gundy

• 1 year later...

So, with the removal of most countries from the IDP list, how has the SDP been affected, if at all?

From what I have heard, if you were ever involved in this program and the country you were in was removed from the list, they are going to go after you for taxes a penalties.

WTF are you talking about? The SDP made you a few hundred bucks. Who the fuck cares?

Depending on how they define "SDP eligible locations," which has always included some sort of "in a combat zone receiving HFP or IDP," the SDP may not still be available in places like Al Udeid.

I am curious, now that Al Udeid no longer has IDP but is in the CZTE area, if I can still participate in the SDP after deploying there.

I figure someone here must have recently passed their 30 day requirement to participate and would like to benefit from their first-hand experience and knowledge.

When we were at the Died earlier this year (Jan/Feb) they were still doing the SDP there. Not sure if they were supposed to be doing it, after reading this thread, but I will be pretty pissed if the government comes after me for the measly $300 I made from it.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...