MC/HC comparison questions

Rocker

Guest Jollygreen

There are no MH-60s in the AF anymore (the 55 SOS airframes are now in the 66 RQS at Nellis). As for the difference when they where there...not much. The MHs had a light board on the outside that said "1, 2, 3, etc" to let the Army toadies know what airframe to jump on...but that was about it.

[ 17. September 2005, 16:21: Message edited by: Jollygreen ]

Guest skipplet

This is a totally random question (and a stupid one at that), but when did the marine corps all start saying "good to go?" after every sentence?

FEI.. (For EVERYONE'S INFORMATION)

The very lastdrop at Corpus produced a MC. I can't say ot was a P model, but none the less.

dtfl, geez. I just now read the whole thread, you made me laugh, thank you.

BENDY

[EDIT: Since it came up beofre. I am posting at 0146 on vacation, but I WILL NOT edit my grammar, GOD FORBID I get called out for posting coherently at a certain time of day! )

[ 18. September 2005, 02:47: Message edited by: Bender ]

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by kkboris:

Rocker,

If you've got a ".mil" e-mail, PM me with it and I'll reply from my work address.

you mean smil.mil address, right?

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by gabe2surf:

Two different worlds.

Administrative ownership - HCs and MCs = AFSOC.

Operational ownership - HCs = Big Blue

- MCs = SOCOM

Ahh...yeah, right.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by dtfl:

Technique only-you STFU, 2Lt.

Tench-hut!

Originally posted by dtfl:

It's guys like you that make our IP jobs a nightmare.

How the f()ck did you come up with that take based on something a guy posted here? Did his incredibly poor flying skills somehow show through his typing? Maybe we should use you to evaluate UPT stud's short essays and then hand out assignments accordingly.

Lemme guess, you're a sweatie with a giant chip on your shoulder?

Man, I thought the fighter guys were dickheads to their young guys...

OK so whats the difference between the helos that get deployed and the ones that stay in CONUS to do things like disaster releif? Is it dependent on what squadron you are assigned to, or base, or is it all random?

Guest Jollygreen
Originally posted by Dactyl:

OK so whats the difference between the helos that get deployed and the ones that stay in CONUS to do things like disaster releif? Is it dependent on what squadron you are assigned to, or base, or is it all random?

The best answer to your question is probably "random". It depends on the situation, timing, location, etc. Its that "flexibility/airpower" thing.

All of the USAF HH-60 and MH-53 units that supported Katrina deploy to the AOR. 3 AD HH-60 sqdns, 1 AFRES Sqdn, 1 NG Sqdn of HH-60s and 1 AD Sqdn of MH-53s participated in Katrina. All of them have, are, and will again deploy to the AOR.

There were also 9 UH-1Ns that supported the Katrina ops (they based out of Columbus and Keesler). Unlike the 60s and 53s, these UH-1Ns don't deploy to the AOR but rather provide missile site or test support.

I think dtfl was referring to MC-130H's. 4 crashes in 3 years put a pretty big spotlight on them. At the schoolhouse everyone is still grumbling about new training restrictions and some other knee-jerk reactions to what happened recently.

[ 19. September 2005, 23:08: Message edited by: LJ Driver ]

Even if he was referring to the H's, he'd still be wrong...they are still dropping. Maybe a cutback is planned, but Corpus has not experienced that yet. He might know something about the planning and we just haven't seen it yet.

Guest ShadowNav090

The pipeline is shrinking, but you all know how the "Faucet" works. Once you turn the water off, it takes a while for the last drop to reach the ocean. Bottom line... there will be MC drops for the next year or so.

-R17