Altus AFB info

Guest C-21 Pilot

HHonors is a loyalty program...not a credit card per se, although they may have one, I don't know.

Yeah, quite familiar with Hilton Honors. One of the previous posts talked about the HHonors credit card & putting your room on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
Heading to Altus soon. Anyone have a specific crashpad they'd recommend, or, has anyone been successful in getting the Hampton Inn at the on-base rate (could go for 500k plus Hilton points).

Yes, but you will pay the taxes out of pocket unless you get a non-A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Any recent or current KC-135 students?? Wondering how training is being affected by covid... timeline, housing, etc..

Finishing up UPT and hoping to get to Altus before 2021. And if you have any gouge and or pro tips... all ears! 

You will live on base or only in a single-occupancy place off base while TDY.
  • Like 1

Guest PeggyDriver46

@Right Rudder At KLTS currently, and hopefully leaving soon. Right now this isn't a fun place to be. The wing king is at war with the crash pad industry and everyone TDY is getting screwed. Single occupancy lodging only, which means for you most likely the really shitty on base dorms. As for the training timeline in 135s, it has been and always will be backed up. You'll find the quality of your instructors to be very high, but the management of the program is absolute garbage. When I went through 135 PIQ, it was a 4 month program that took 7 months to complete. Welcome to the big boy Air Force, where the lowest bidder wins. 

[mention=47166]Right Rudder[/mention] At KLTS currently, and hopefully leaving soon. Right now this isn't a fun place to be. The wing king is at war with the crash pad industry and everyone TDY is getting screwed. Single occupancy lodging only, which means for you most likely the really shitty on base dorms. As for the training timeline in 135s, it has been and always will be backed up. You'll find the quality of your instructors to be very high, but the management of the program is absolute garbage. When I went through 135 PIQ, it was a 4 month program that took 7 months to complete. Welcome to the big boy Air Force, where the lowest bidder wins. 

Damn. So what’s the average time for 135 PIQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Guest PeggyDriver46

@CharlieHotel47 I don't have that data. I know for me I had a training RIP that was from early August to Mid December. I didn't leave until late February almost March. If you're really curious I would get in touch with some of the bros in 135 PIQ and see what it looks like currently. However, my guess is that CAE hasn't un****ed its self in the not so distant past that I went through PIQ, and I doubt COVID has helped at all. 

Also my advice to you guys going through PIQ would be to make sure your government finances are squared away. My 2 month delay in orders caused all sorts of shoe clerks' head to explode and I had to get my SQ/CC to un**** the situation in order for me and my GTC to get paid, because no one had explained to my idiotic butterbar self about partial payments. Get partial payments. Not a good way to show up to your new squadron already making problems for a commander with enough problems. My other piece of advice would be to get in contact with your gaining unit as soon as you guys have a spare moment once you're a little bit through the course and find out who your sponsor is, and get the ball rolling now so you have a smooth transition. 

Edited by LoveDumpster

Thanks for the gouge bros. I’m finishing up UPT at vance in about two months. Im a guard guy and my unit has been silent on 135 school dates. Probably because of the end of the year FY stuff. Wondering if any other guard bros here have dates in hand for FY21.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• 4 months later...