For the ANG Folks!

Guest AirGuardian

Guest AirGuardian

Many units are able to keep their UPT graduates on steady Active Duty orders to continue their training requirements while they sit and wait to become fully qualified while in the training pipeline!

Recent message from the Guard Bureau states: Those trainees who do not have training scheduled within 30 days of finishing their UPT will be cut off of Active Duty Days due to a BIT or otherwise known as "Break in Training!" This is a WARNING SHOT, meaning it has not been put in effect yet. It could become law in a few days, a month or two, or never see the light of day if they sit on it! But, I'm just relaying info just in case you think you're safe until your qualification. Try to slip into a survival course or other requirement pertaining to your career field to keep those days safe!

Once again, this was a warning shot/informational message on what the Guard Bureau has in mind - may go into effect soon or be dismissed entirely. Just keep checking with your training office for any recent info coming down. And no, you do not have to pay back any $$$ if you have been over the 30 day mark and the message becomes real. They must notify of this significant change first!!!

[ 08. July 2004, 16:21: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

Not to add to the hype, but that pretty much agrees with what I've been told by my unit and the Commander here at AMS.

The Bureau has pulled back MPA and ADSW days from just about everyone and is telling them not to expect anything "until possibly FY06 or later". My days here would have been pulled back, but my orders had already been cut so they let me take the tour.

I've talked to the folks back home about getting orders for FY05 to complete my upgrade training and was told it would have to be done on FTPs and UTAs due to there being no days available. Rumor has it that the NGB is WAYYY in the hole $$$$-wise this year and is trying to recoup their losses/funding by pulling the days back.

Of course, these stories are from just two units. Your experience may vary (hopefully for the better!)

YIKES!

I've got a 35 day break(fo which I'm 28 days into and they kept me on orders. I took househunting days and leave. My orders are cut, so I guess I'm ok, but heed the warinings I guess.

AG, if you're still there, I'll see you at Altus next week.

Guest AirGuardian

Probably not anytime soon PAB, (we'll catch up though)

I have the fortunate opportunity to train with my home unit since we have a C-17 sim/Boeing folks and we've had plenty of own go thru it here so far. It's a good change to attend training and be able to head back to the house at night. I'll be at Altus for my Rec & Checkride mid-Sept to early October for a few weeks to finish up. I'm probably the only airlifter guy to never really stay in Altus for any extended period of training since I was home trained for C-141s when the pipeline was shut down for a few months. I might be missing a few tricks, but we did manage to steal a bunch of top notch Altus instructors and bring them into our unit as Guardsman. See you later hopefully, have fun!!!

[ 13. July 2004, 13:41: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

Guest AirGuardian

How about...F***ing Guard C-17 guys to encapsulate it all in one good shot across the bow!

You'll be getting a much bigger check in regards to TDY money, so I'm not sweating your antics right now. I do get to sleep in my own home with the wife and dog, but I'll probably be in the dog house more often than the dawg(Mississippi style). All you zoophilia/beastiality folks can just lay off the jokes before I sic my Rottie on ya! Ha ha, see you at Altus I guess... Where will you be stationed after the Altus run PAB?