Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

I'm standing at the ops desk right now on a Saturday in hopes that someone falls out on Monday!

If stop loss goes into effect, it's not the flying that will stop, it's the queep that would struggle. But if I'm to be honest, what would scare me the most would be the unsafe and unprofessional airmanship that would ensue due to stop loss. That's the reality.

I was unaware the current undersecretary (Who oversees the AF budget) was an interim guy, wonder if this has anything to do with the holdup. Looks like the new guy was sworn in last week, perhaps they have been waiting for him to be confirmed and sworn in before releasing ACP?

http://www.af.mil/ne...sp?id=123346318

According to the recording when you call the ACP number at AFPC, the actual guy holding this up is Daniel B. Ginsberg, the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs. I found it interesting that Assistant Secretaries are paid at an SES-IV level which equates to roughly $155K/yr + locality pay. It's also interesting to see that this guy's political affiliation is contrary to the majority of serving Americans.

-9-

Edited by Nineline

According to the recording when you call the ACP number at AFPC, the actual guy holding this up is Daniel B. Ginsberg, the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs. I found it interesting that Assistant Secretaries are paid at an SES-IV level which equates to roughly $155K/yr + locality pay. It's also interesting to see that this guy's political affiliation is contrary to the majority of serving Americans. -9-

I think most SES types are underpaid for the work they do. In a comparable corporate structure, I think $200K + stock options is more real.

• Upvote 1

I think most SES types are underpaid for the work they do. In a comparable corporate structure, I think $200K + stock options is more real.

Along that line of thinking, I think most everyone in the military, both O's and E's alike, are underpaid for the work they do. But I'll admit that I don't quite know what drives the difference between an Under Secretary and an Assistant Secretary except that one is more important than the other.

-9-

No status change based on what the ACP Manager just told me. I did get some more details about the approval process. The SECAF is having it reviewed by his general counsel. So the lawyers will make more than us off this based on thier hourly rate.

The SECAF is having it reviewed by his general counsel.

Boy, good thing he's having it reviewed some more; I'm sure it's cosmically different than the previous 5 years' offerings.

• Upvote 1

I had my IT guys check this site and this thread in particular. You can expect to be hearing from the IRS soon...

Where in this thread does it say 'tea party'?

I don't think the IRS will go after BO.net... they realize it's important to pick your battles.

According to the recording when you call the ACP number at AFPC, the actual guy holding this up is Daniel B. Ginsberg, the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs. I found it interesting that Assistant Secretaries are paid at an SES-IV level which equates to roughly $155K/yr + locality pay. It's also interesting to see that this guy's political affiliation is contrary to the majority of serving Americans. -9-

Before you rush to judgement, it's important to point out that he was once a "freelance classical music and opera critic for the Washington Post."

Before you rush to judgement, it's important to point out that he was once a "freelance classical music and opera critic for the Washington Post."

Might have to do with this:

In 2010, he served as Co-Lead of the Policy Team for the Department of Defense's Comprehensive Review Working Group for the Repeal of "Don't Ask-Don't Tell."