Jump to content
Guest JArcher00

Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Recommended Posts

I got a separate LES for the additional flight pay increase for a two week period a few days ago. The weird thing is that it was for Oct 16-31.


I saw some extra cash on an LES too for the same time period but it seemed it was logged as something else. We've been directed to just standby as our finance is working it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HookEmAll Similar situation; DSG on orders (deployed) and have been getting all kinds of random, token LES amounts in the past month. Word on the street is they are starting/attempting to fix the glitch for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counts as normal pay, so no.  You only get tax free up to the maximum enlisted rate, which is fairly close to that of a major making flight pay before the bonus.  Since combat zone exemption is pretty much already max'd out as a major, the bonus goes above that amount and is taxed.  Obviously your tax bracket may be lower for the bonus, so you do save tax money in the long run, but not tax free.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice the new 2018 pay tables published by DFAS? Bigger raise than the August announcement and theres no longer a seperate pay table for the enlisted flyers. I asked my finance about the changes and they less helpful than if I hadnt even bothered to ask them the question. 

Screenshot_20180106-000304.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I talked to finance, the AD and AGR guys were already updated and getting the new flight pays.  If you're a technician or DSG...well, it might be a while.  Apparently, they wrote the code for flight pay with punch cards and everything has to be completely redone.  I was promised we'd be back payed to the FY...so checks in the mail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are they screwing all the DSGs and TRs by forcing a situation where they’ll need to update W-2s after the fact?  Will the pay be fixed and updated W-2s sent out in a timely enough manner to file?  I had this happen for a pay screw—up by finance and had to refile my return two years after the fact. Way to go, govt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DFAS has a budget of $1.4 billion. Billion with a B. It's really a staggering level of incompetence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, so now the flight pay bump from 6 to 14 years aviation service moved to 10 years aviation service?  And it's been effective since last April?  Looks like i'll be getting some back pay coming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am seeing the same thing on this chart - looks legit $1k at 10 years...I had not heard anything about this and my finance office is still working on the fix for the original $750 and $1k change from October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Anyone else notice the new 2018 pay tables published by DFAS? Bigger raise than the August announcement and theres no longer a seperate pay table for the enlisted flyers. I asked my finance about the changes and they less helpful than if I hadnt even bothered to ask them the question. 

The enlisted rates are still $150-$400. It's defined in DoD 7000.14-R Table 22-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Anyone else notice the new 2018 pay tables published by DFAS? Bigger raise than the August announcement and theres no longer a seperate pay table for the enlisted flyers. I asked my finance about the changes and they less helpful than if I hadnt even bothered to ask them the question. 

Screenshot_20180106-000304.png

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1290397/air-force-announces-initiatives-to-lessen-pilot-shortage/

AF had pegged the $1000 figure at 12 years.. I doubt they could have boned up the roll out that much.

 

It would be a nice back pay bump of a few hundreds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started an order on the 2nd and already have my first paycheck on mypay.  It shows my flight pay still at $650, I should be at $800 based on the chart above...Go figure.  

 

Edited by SocialD
Maths buffoonery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For one more data point, my (AD) flight pay correctly updated to the new table at the start of the FY, but I haven't yet seen the jump from 2+ YAS to 6+ YAS that should have gone through in November. Seems like a total crapshoot right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sixpack said:

Wait, so now the flight pay bump from 6 to 14 years aviation service moved to 10 years aviation service?  And it's been effective since last April?  Looks like i'll be getting some back pay coming.

 

I didnt even notice that, finance had zero clue and could only answer with "our system says this rate so thats what we pay you", makes me wonder why we are paying an E-7 to regurgitate what a computer shows him with zero critical thinking.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this new table starting CY2018? I wonder why they increased it from just a couple months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 1111 said:

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1290397/air-force-announces-initiatives-to-lessen-pilot-shortage/

AF had pegged the $1000 figure at 12 years.. I doubt they could have boned up the roll out that much.

 

It would be a nice back pay bump of a few hundreds

I can completely see the AF boning this up, their track record with personnel management is in line with something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I can completely see the AF boning this up, their track record with personnel management is in line with something like this.

That is one major cock up and if the table holds true then folks need to back pay since May 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 1111 said:

That is one major cock up and if the table holds true then folks need to back pay since May 2017.

Checks... by my herc driver math I’m owed ~$1.1k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it would be nice if that was accurate and we would get the back pay, my herkish math I’d get back $2,700,  I’m not holding my breath on this one. I’ve check for that table and the DoD reg I’ve found off the source site doesn’t show the updated tables. If I could find it I’d walk into the local finance shop and bring this up so I can do the press to test on this. 

Edited by cragspider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cragspider said:

While it would be nice if that was accurate and we would get the back pay, my herkish math I’d get back $2,700,  I’m not holding my breath on this one. I’ve check for that table and the DoD reg I’ve found off the source site doesn’t show the updated tables. If I could find it I’d walk into the local finance shop and bring this up so I can do the press to test on this. 

I saw the DFAS pdf, which had the updated table on it.  Is there something more official than that?  I’d say I’d have a hard time believing they put an incorrect flight pay table on their military pay pdf, but it is DoD finance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyusaf83 said:

I saw the DFAS pdf, which had the updated table on it.  Is there something more official than that?  I’d say I’d have a hard time believing they put an incorrect flight pay table on their military pay pdf, but it is DoD finance...

I found the pdf, while it should be official now check out the fmr 07a that is referenced in the pdf. It isn’t up to date as the dfas pdf is. I would bet that the fmr is the base pay reg and not what dfas has listed. The $800 at 6 years is the step in the the right direction along with the $1,000 at 10 vs 12 years. But like we both said it is dod fiance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cragspider said:

I found the pdf, while it should be official now check out the fmr 07a that is referenced in the pdf. It isn’t up to date as the dfas pdf is. I would bet that the fmr is the base pay reg and not what dfas has listed. The $800 at 6 years is the step in the the right direction along with the $1,000 at 10 vs 12 years. But like we both said it is dod fiance. 

It makes sense, they should be targeting senior captains and junior majors who are in the decision making part of their 10 yr UPT ADSCs.  IMO, it’s too little, too late.  Most have already made their decisions and this kind of money isn’t going to change much.

Edited by flyusaf83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×