Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

On 7/10/2018 at 9:11 AM, ThreeHoler said:

And the future installments are tax free too if I recall correctly.

I sure hope they can take advantage and do...and then properly invest it!  I'm currently at the Rock and just saw a two-striper driving around some souped up muscle car...just shook my head.  Unfortunately since I'm TDY, I couldn't pull up next to him in my '04 Volvo Wagon with dents and duck tape on one of the interior door handles and the transmission shifter.  Would have been a great financial lesson...although probably would have gone way over his head. 

Which Enlisted member makes more than the CMSAF?

If an enlisted member gets a special bonus for their career field downrange the entire bonus is tax free. The stipulation for max CZTE only applies to officers.
  • Like 1

I'm just happy they finally expanded the 12X bonus to all the dudes left out over the years.  Every older WSO I know is jumping on that thing with both hands...but as we often comment here, they were already planning to stay until retirement.

• Upvote 1

Yup. I'm a older 12F and taking the bonus. The 4 year option's ADSC expires 2 months before my 20 year date. Seemed like an easy decision. 

Though I'm sure in a year I'll be regretting that when I'm 4 months into my year at the Deid. 

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

I'm just happy they finally expanded the 12X bonus to all the dudes left out over the years.  Every older WSO I know is jumping on that thing with both hands...but as we often comment here, they were already planning to stay until retirement.

2!  I was planning on staying beyond 20 anyways so it was an easy kill for me.  Little extra jangle in the pocket never hurts.

Cooter

• Upvote 1

Every eligible CSO/WSO that I know is taking this bonus (which was long overdue).

I find it hilarious because I keep hearing “it’s not about the money” for pilots. This is a case study of you offer more money, you get qualified people to stay. I understand that CSO’s aren’t going to the airlines, but it is interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Every eligible CSO/WSO that I know is taking this bonus (which was long overdue).

Sounds to me that I know who is going to be hit with all these "Any LAF O-5 365 volunteer request emails" we keep on seeing lol.

6 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Sounds to me that I know who is going to be hit with all these "Any LAF O-5 365 volunteer request emails" we keep on seeing lol.

Your bonus status isn't tied to your eligibility for a 365.  Just deploy for at least 45 days every 5 years and it should keep you off the top of the list.

I'd be curious to see which would win out in my community...the 365, or the functional refusing to release someone due to the Rated Staff Allocation Plan (or whatever it's called now)

41 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Your bonus status isn't tied to your eligibility for a 365.  Just deploy for at least 45 days every 5 years and it should keep you off the top of the list.

I'd be curious to see which would win out in my community...the 365, or the functional refusing to release someone due to the Rated Staff Allocation Plan (or whatever it's called now)

That almost seems to be a question of “officially”, or “un-officially”. Holloman is “un-officially” manned primarily by people who cannot say no

3 hours ago, Sprkt69 said:

That almost seems to be a question of “officially”, or “un-officially”. Holloman is “un-officially” manned primarily by people who cannot say no

Ah, but is that because they choose people with an ADSC to go there, or because anyone without an ADSC says "thanks, but no thanks" and refuses the assignment?

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

Ah, but is that because they choose people with an ADSC to go there, or because anyone without an ADSC says "thanks, but no thanks" and refuses the assignment?

The latter happened first, so they turned to the former. 

9 hours ago, pawnman said:

I think the status is going to make the choice between a pilot who hasn’t stayed on the 45 day/5 year cycle and is past their ADSC vs. Nav that has but took the bonus a clean kill for AFPC. 

12 hours ago, pawnman said:

You bonus is tied to you not being able to get out when you're vulnerable for a 365...and last I heard, there isn't a "Nav crisis" lol.  As for your assertion that a 45 day deployment gets you to the bottom of the list of a 365...I have a bridge I would love to sell you.

"The lack of instructors has led some training squadrons to implement stop-gap measures and compensate in other ways in order to use their limited resources in the most efficient way.

The 56th Fighter Wing at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona found out last summer it would only get 13 of the 26 F-16 instructor pilots it requested. Rather than spread the pain, the wing commander sent 12 of the new instructors to the 54th Fighter Group at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, which will take over F-16 training as the 56th shifts to F-35 training operations."

Finally, a meaningful #1/13...

"The 56th Fighter Wing at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona found out last summer it would only get 13 of the 26 F-16 instructor pilots it requested. Rather than spread the pain, the wing commander sent 12 of the new instructors to the 54th Fighter Group at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, which will take over F-16 training as the 56th shifts to F-35 training operations."

Finally, a meaningful #1/13. Just remember boys, there's no points for second place.

That's assuming the wing king didn't just send them at random.  Also, wouldn't that be a second PCS and require a waiver that HAF level?  Wonder if any of the 12 then 7-day'd that new wonderful location and only made the problem that much worse.

I don't have access to MyPers anymore... does the PSDM allow the service member any tools to shield them from the BS?

In typical AF fashion it’s either not posted yet or buried somewhere unfindable.